Steering

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    quote:Originally posted by Mon the fish

There is a bit of negative camber on the rear, just on the tolerance of the alignment. So the Yoko's are probably slightly worn on the inside. I've put the (new) Toyo's back on the front, so back to steering to the left slightly!

Don't really want to have to buy 2 new tyres when the Toyo's are brand new, but I want my steering wheel straight!

Might get a KDS done, don't really fancy paying the money for it though
    as Gorbash says the KDS is very expensive. Try Progrip in Bonnybridge (Big Gordy knows the owner). They do laser wheel alignment and not that far from you...:approve:

Progrip
    Tel: 01324 810111
    Canal Bank Est Seabegs Rd, Bonnybridge FK4 2BP

Sweeney
    How much is a KDS, thinking i may need one done lol

Yep, been at Progrip, and the alignment came back fine...

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    Dunno if this will be of any use, but I've noticed when changing wheels around before that the front left WILL ALWAYS wear faster that the front right (cos of the effects of torque steeer I assume - I may be wrong), and both fronts obviously wear a lot faster than the rears... If there's some camber on the rears which has made them wear down a little bit faster on one edge, could this plus the factor of the front left wearing a wee bit more have anything to do with it? Just by throwing the geometry out a tiny little bit?
    Obviously you can't check this by swappeing them left/ right since they're directional...

Mind you, with new tyres, I doubt this could really be a theory..