Xenon Heaqdlight Bulb Replacements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Moonshine
    Oh these guys do proper HID conversion kits for standard bulbs. I'm not vouching for them as i understand legally they are in a grey area, dispite what many vendors seem to say.
    I bought a set for my 1 series (E87), bit ended up returning them (unused) as the HID bulb supplied was too long for the E87 lamp housing (the reflector has a litle reflectibe "hat) in the middle of the lens), though i understand they do a shorter bulb to cope with this issue.

I also understand someone here has their kit on an X5 and a mini and they quite like it....anyone want to comment?

Gerry

Gorbash12346
    the gas is not actually ignited it is the same principle as strip light the gas is there to aid starting and alos to lengthen the lifespan of the bulb in comparison to any other gas and also enhance the intensity of the light produced sooo a slightly more useful site would be http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-intensity_discharge_lamp

think of it this way what would the fuel be if it was burning??? and how would that fuel supply last so long in such a small space?