Who has the best & worst Service Department?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Sponsor
    quote:Originally posted by johnsop1

I often wonder if service levels depend on whether you are wearing a suit or not when you go in? Was at Seafield for 10 minutes (because there is now no longer a Garage locally in the Borders) trying to work out how to get back to work in Midlothian before I was offered a courtesy car. Would that have happened if (a) I was driving a BMW and (b) had been wearing a suit when I went in. Selkirk service was always good - though again was never offered a courtesy car.
    Everyone knoes the guys in the suits are just pawns... its the guys in the casual clothes who have all the dough!! They have passed the stage where they need to impress anyone. I'm aiming to be there by the time i'm 30

Mark R
    Worst I've had would be Victoria in Newcastle. Although they ultimatly fixed a few problems they also sold a car after an inspection that had numerous problems with it including steering rack, broken boot lock and when they did fit a new headlight they forgot to adjust it so they were level.

Best I've had would be Dunedin in Portobello. Have helped me out with problems without charging me for some of them even though they wouldn't normally be covered in the Cherished Warranty I have. Always received a lift into my work and home in various BMWs.

Julz
    quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

Went straight back in to jc to be told the mechanics were all gone. haha.
    Sounds familiar, the 3rd time my car died, after having just picked it up from JC's, I took it straight back to be told all mechanics had gone home and it was my tough cheese basically and I had to find my own way home as their incompetence meant my car was going nowhere!! 3 weeks later and a huge courtesy car bill, they finally fixed it and charged me the world and wouldn't let me take my car without paying (I did have the spare keys in my pocket though!!), considering their track record on fixing the car I wasn't keen on handing over a 4 figure sum to get 5 miles along the road!! Needless to say, I wouldn't recommend them, which is a shame as they had been very helpful until then!! The guys in sales and parts are still very good, it was just behind the doors the problems lay methinks!!:disapprove::mad: