Broken passenger wing mirror

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    macblob
    Some wee git has twisted my passenger wing mirror so that it no longer fits with the base of the car. Booked it into Dunedin this morning to be looked at this afternoon, possible fix but perhaps a new mirror (just the casing as the clip in cover and mirror glass are ok).......gggggggrrrrrrr:mad::mad::mad:

Anyone got any ideas how much i might be looking at to get this fixed?

Parts dept at dunedin wasnt open when i was there this am

GAJ
    Sorry to hear that Brian. Hanging is too good for them!

Scheckter MC
    A couple of months back, a kid ran out into the side of my car just as I was accellerating off a roundabout. He didn't damage the car bodywork (thankfully!), but took the drivers wing mirror clean off - the white cover and glass were fine. A couple of the wires into the mirror body itself were severed, and a funny looking washer was knackered (looked like it held the whole thing on?!). Anyway, I stripped the whole wing mirror down, and removed the parts mounted on the door itself (a hassle removing the door trim for acess!).

Anyway, to cut a long story short, it looked from my inspection like I only required a new washer and mirror wiring loom to fix everything, but Mini don't do these separately, so it was a new wing mirror frame complete with wiring, but no glass or cover.
    Cost me £25 inc VAT, and I fitted everything back myself.

Phew

macblob
    Thanks guys,

When I looked at the mirror this morning it looked like it was only the washer thing that is missing that holds the mirror on to the mounting on the bodywork... everthing else appeared to be ok, however I couldnt see any wires so cant say whether they were ok or not.

macblob
    Top marks to Dunedin!!!!

Went in after work today to have the mirror looked at, and have been rebooked for next Friday, they are going to replace the part required under warranty.

Well chuffed with that result

Sponsor & Jakey
    Sorry to hear about the damage macblob :disapprove: Good to hear it's all getting fixed soon.
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

GAJ
    quote:Originally posted by macblob

Top marks to Dunedin!!!!
    Who'd have thought it!

macblob
    Took car into garage on Friday, New mirror housing fixed

Mechanic thought the brakes were very soft though :disapprove:
    Rebooked to be looked at this morning (sat).
    Master brake cylinder is buggered.......warranty repair......Got an 03 MINI desiel to kick about in till Tuesday as new cylinder cant be ordered till Monday.

Just realised on the way home how crap my brakes actually were as i nearly go through the windscreen in the MINI D everytime I touch the brakes.

Glad its all getting sorted but it is yet another thing to add to the long list of warranty claims on the car since new.

I have to say Dunedin's service has been good this time

Fontal
    My brakes have been feeling a little dodgy of late too, a bit soft and sometimes the peddle feels a bit hard and the ABS kicks in straight away :(

Not another trip to Aberdeen Im skint :(

Resident old yin.
    Fontal, ask a local guy to have a look at it for you. They "should" be able to give you an opinion for free.