Tax Disc

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    quote:Originally posted by KenL

Let's not get started on a 4x4 thread, we'll only end up all falling out.

why would we fall out.???? what is different from a car to a 4x4 other than it takes up more size on the road.???
    Cooper Coupe...

Resident old yin.
    I have absolutely nothing against people having a 4x4 if they have a need for it. Like you, for example, living up north.

I do though, disagree with people driving huge 4x4s in cities where they have absolutley no need for the car. It is a totally inappropriate, selfish choice for these people. Some of these cars are approaching 400g/km - 3 times that of an R56 Cooper.

quote:Originally posted by KenL
    I have absolutely nothing against people having a 4x4 if they have a need for it. Like you, for example, living up north.

I do though, disagree with people driving huge 4x4s in cities where they have absolutley no need for the car. It is a totally inappropriate, selfish choice for these people. Some of these cars are approaching 400g/km - 3 times that of an R56 Cooper.
    I would like to know which 4x4 are approaching 400g/km the big supercharged FFRR or RRS come in around 376 and they pay something like a extra £165 for the co2 offset programme.

Our Freelander with it's diesel particular filter being and with us taking part in the c02 offset programme and probably cleaner than your R56 Cooper
    Cooper Coupe...

Resident old yin.
    OK, you win :I

...and well done on the CO2 offset thing, probably should be compulsary for all car owners.

james f
    by and large the co bigde ive encountered have all driven old bangers and didnt like it when i pointed that my cooper was far far more freindly to the enviromemt than their clattered old banger with not catalysit or engine managment and that compaines like bmw work hard to have a lower carbon foot print etc

quote:Originally posted by james f

by and large the co bigde ive encountered have all driven old bangers and didnt like it when i pointed that my cooper was far far more freindly to the enviromemt than their clattered old banger with not catalysit or engine managment and that compaines like bmw work hard to have a lower carbon foot print etc
    exactly

and that's why every 4x4 manufacturer has spent a load of dosh to make their cars as green as possible they would loose to much money otherwise.

There is going to come a time when the green lobbyist isn't going to get away with the emissions crap about the 4x4 other than their foot print on the tarmac 4x4's will not be any worse than any other c02 emitting vehicle.
    Cooper Coupe...

duncan

Way to stereotype. You missed the CND and Nuclear Power - No Thanks stickers from the back of the 2CV.......

duncan
    quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

exactly

and that's why every 4x4 manufacturer has spent a load of dosh to make their cars as green as possible they would loose to much money otherwise.

There is going to come a time when the green lobbyist isn't going to get away with the emissions crap about the 4x4 other than their foot print on the tarmac 4x4's will not be any worse than any other c02 emitting vehicle.
    Bearing in mind that carbon emissions are the only thing that's taxed, the fact that in cities at least, large volumes of 4x4s are guzzling rapidly diminishing fuel on pointless journeys to school.

All these school run mums in their tanks want taxed off the road.
    Get your kids to walk to school - no wonder they're obese!

james f
    quote:Originally posted by duncan

Way to stereotype. You missed the CND and Nuclear Power - No Thanks stickers from the back of the 2CV.......
    i was only making refernace to personal experince as i am totaly anti trident, and opposed to all arms etc and would like to see the CND sucseed :)

Resident old yin.
    Very good point Duncan.