Alloy Wheels...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Cara
    Just wondering what a sensible size alloy wheel would be to go for if I was to fit some new wheels to my Cooper S. Its a 52 plate. Would I have any rubbing problems with 19's or would the best option be to go for a set of 18's?

Also what width?

Thanks.

james f
    19's are far too big for a mini imo better of with 18's widest track i think is 18 x 7 althought im not totaly sire but its more about the actual off set as the oem rims all have a very close ofset

Cara
    I would be keeping the std wheels aswell so the other set would be purely for looks.

I have seen the Replica MN01 - 18" John Cooper Worx wheels advertised for a good price. So these are a possibility in 18"

james f
    any 18s will be fine as long as there not to wide its just that on 19's you would get loads off rubbing and well imo look a bit daft as 18s tend to siut the mini jsut right

nylo
    I've got the polished 18" JCWs on my S, and I've had no problems at all. You can feel most bumps in the road, but I found with the JCW suspension, this helps a lot too :)

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    18" wheels with 215/35/18 is about as wide as you want to go... if you go any wider, then it may protrude outside the arch and then the boys in the blue would probably want a word..

It all depends on the offset, but if your buying MINI wheels, then it won't be a problem..:approve:

T6 KFR
    I have 18" on my mini and they are perfect. Go for the 18", dont go any bigger .

18" on mini's looks the dogs bollocks

Car
    quote:Originally posted by T6 KFR

I have 18" on my mini and they are perfect. Go for the 18", dont go any bigger .

18" on mini's looks the dogs bollocks
    and we are STILL waiting on the pics you promised Kev...

T6 KFR
    I know dude:I, spent few hours cleaning her on friday and was meaning to take some pics then...but forgot:disapprove:

I WILL GET PICS UP ASAP

Car
    I'll hold you to that..