fitting stereo

Car
    mini cooper s
    hi folks im in the middle of fitting stereo ive got as far as pulling consol back the 5cm...but for the life of me i cant get the pillars out? can anyone advise me to what im doing wrong :I

thanks nikki
    T006SHY

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    the 2 screws on either side of the pillars should come out with a torx screwdriver (the second one on the passenger side you have to have the glovebox open to get to), then just slide them up and outwards..

Hope this helps..

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    If they still dont come out then you might have to lift the plastics around the gear stick. Lift the leather gaitor ring out and also remove ash tray. lift out the electric mirror panel as well. Under the electric mirror panel im sure there are 2 screws plus under the cup holder bit there are screws as well. When this is all loose it allows you more room to remove the pillars next to the radio. Also if your car has the glove box fitted you need to pull down the facia below all the steering column in order to get the screwdriver in to the right hand pillar. This pulls down quite easy and im sure it is hinged so that it doesnt come right off. Its been ages since i done a radio on the mini but im pretty sure thats how i done the last one

Thats the way I did my 2004mdl the other day when fitting my handsfree kit easy peasy eh eh
    2011 Mini CooperS COUNTRYMAN with CHILLI PACK in ROYAL GREY , 1998 Mini COOPERSPORT in BRITISH RACING GREEN

Car
    mini cooper s
    hi folks followed ur instructions...worked a treat, found if i pulled the consol up it moved over easier making removal of pillars a doddle...thanks again
    T006SHY

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    quote:Originally posted by niknax

hi folks followed ur instructions...worked a treat, found if i pulled the consol up it moved over easier making removal of pillars a doddle...thanks again
    another happy customer...