The first R56 software upgrade

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Found out today that it is not to due till March 2007.

Hopefully it will fix a few of the wee niggles the R56 has.:(:(
    Cooper Coupe...

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    what niggles are you refering to ? ? (just so I know what you look for )

quote:Originally posted by Craig & Jude

nothing to much just wee niggles you'll find out or maybe your will be fine.
    Cooper Coupe...

fi dont get craig started about niggles

Resident old yin.
    Come on Fiona, spill the beans...

Cooper, Cooper S or both?

quote:Originally posted by KenL

Come on Fiona, spill the beans...

Cooper, Cooper S or both?
    mainly the Cooper as it get's driven the most.

the most annoying thing for me is the whistle you get from the heating really bugs me. Only happens when amb temp is 10C or below however it is getting fixed with the software upgrade. well that's the MINI line. I reckon it depends on the speed the fan is going anyhow I know the workshop at Calterdon will look after me.

next on both cars is the ticking sound you get from the drivers window so annoying.

my current fix is just to increase the radio volume.

IMO I think with the new generation runflats you get loads more tyre noise either that or it is due to reduced sound proofing.

that's the lot so far.

having driven both Mini's Allans with just the boost head unit and mine with the Hi-Fi upgrade.

I would urge anyone speccing a Mini to go for the hi-fi option is ££ allows. At first I thought Allan's sound was not that bad but the more and more you hear them Oh dear poor Allan but he disnae mind not to bothered about sound quality but IF YOU ARE then upgrade NOW before it's to late.
    Cooper Coupe...

Resident old yin.
    Thanks Fiona.

These don't really sound like "faults" that could be fixed in software. Is the whistle speed (mph not fan) related? Do you have climate or normal AC?

In my 2002 ONE, after the second service there was a whistle from the system at speed due to the pollen filter not being fitted properly, thanks Dunedin

What is the window ticking? Is the car constantly checking the window is closed or something? You know like the sound you get from a realy clicking a switch opening?

Thankfully, I upgraded the HiFi - thanks to your advice :)

quote:Originally posted by KenL

Thanks Fiona.

These don't really sound like "faults" that could be fixed in software. Is the whistle speed (mph not fan) related? Do you have climate or normal AC?

In my 2002 ONE, after the second service there was a whistle from the system at speed due to the pollen filter not being fitted properly, thanks Dunedin

What is the window ticking? Is the car constantly checking the window is closed or something? You know like the sound you get from a realy clicking a switch opening?

Thankfully, I upgraded the HiFi - thanks to your advice :)
    nope not to do with MPH it can happen while standing still IMO I think it is to do with the speed of the fan I have the auto Air Con Allan has manual and it is fine.

No the ticking is not from the motor more like (hard to explain) actually Allan's is worse than mine and he has the sun roof. Although he is not getting the reported bad wind noise from the sun roof.

Kenl you will be more than happy with the hi-fi upgrade can't stress how much it is needed if your into your music.
    Cooper Coupe...

iam glad ive ordered it now fi as you have spent big bucks in the past on ice so thats good enough for me

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    quote:Originally posted by Craig & Jude

OMG , duck for cover troops :approve:

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination