boot problem

Car
    mini cooper s
    hi folks :) i have a problem with my boot...when i get into car the boot light comes on..so i get out and close it,i end up doing this about 6 times..drove me mad today :evil:also when i shut the car up...the boot is still open anyone got any ideas to why this is happening :)

thanks nikki
    T006SHY

james f
    could be the sensor wire on the bot catch as you can pull back the trim that sits over it as and look and see if its just come loose other wise could be a trip to the stealers

jarvis-cooper-s
    could be that the latch needs adjusting.my girlfriend's had this problem and got it fixed as car was still under warranty.

X30YES
    Yip , Its the boot catch that needs adjusting

GAJ
    Could just be the rubber stoppers on either side of the tailgate that need adjusting - they screw in and out. If they have become mis-adjusted the light can stay on. I'd give that a try before going back to the dealers.

X30YES
    quote:Originally posted by GAJ

Could just be the rubber stoppers on either side of the tailgate that need adjusting - they screw in and out. If they have become mis-adjusted the light can stay on. I'd give that a try before going back to the dealers.
    True ...never thought of that

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    mine did that and the boot was just out a little took it to the dealer and they ajusted it under wrantey :)
    New sig coming soon

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    quote:Originally posted by X30YES

quote:Originally posted by GAJ

True ...never thought of that
    Aye , the 'old' one's are the best :approve:

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination