Water running through the middle of my car

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    minidriver#1
    Every morning and it always happens first thing, when i start the car and reverse out the drive and drive off I get the sound of water rushing through the middle of the car, between the front seats. Does anyone else get this or know what it could be? For the rest of the journey the car is fine, but i just get this noise which sounds like a river running through the underside of the car, down the middle. It's strange, it's never done that in the 3 years i've had it.

Any advice, suggestions and help would be very welcome.

KJ

vintageb3
    First things first...have you been parking in a river overnight?

sorry...couldn't resist...:clown:

vintageb3
    Does this help KJ?

http://www.mini2.com/forum/faults-fixes/111144-sound-running-water-passenger-footwell.html?highlight=water+noise

mark

minidriver#1
    Thanks Mark! It's been ages since I used mini2. lol. Thanks for the link, i'll get in touch with Paul to see if he discovered what it was.

vintageb3
    Hi KJ

I was just reading stuff on there and thought "Wait a min!...the lad from from Dundee had that prob!"

Hope it helped anyway...

mark

minidriver#1
    I discovered it could be something to do with air getting trapped in the water coolant. The reason it goes away after a while is because the car gets warm and the air goes away or something like that. I'm going to try and fix it myself.

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    quote:Originally posted by KJ_innit

I discovered it could be something to do with air getting trapped in the water coolant. The reason it goes away after a while is because the car gets warm and the air goes away or something like that. I'm going to try and fix it myself.
    <looks out window for the mushroom cloud and bits flying KJ / Mini>

Harry Fairbairn Sponsor
    This is happening to me now. A trickling water sound around the car at start up that i didn't have before. The Garage have been trying to fix my coolant problem, so looked at the link on this topic and read the MINI2 forum topic on this and it seems it must be that they have not bleed the air out of the system when they have replaced the coolant hence the running water sound.

I will get it back to garage to get sorted, but at least i seem to know what the problem is now....

Cheers

mini_sco
    yep i have same prob, my car has been to garage 2 times,, back 2moro and im goin to quote that i got my info from MINI2, cos they are so think they cant fix the thing...:mad:

Julz
    I had something like this with mine before I sold her. With me it was a split hose though that had let all the air in, and eventually some of the water out under pressure:dead:. Not read the link but I think it should tell you where all the wee venty bits are that let the air out, all easy to get to and I, unlike LnL have faith that a man of your standing would manage this yourself!!