Delays, Delays, Delays...

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

thinking about it. I know it's really gutting when you hear car has been delayed. It's your car and you can't wait to get it. but TBH this close to the year end if it was me I would try my best to wait even if the car arrived and get it registered on 01/01/07 so it can be a 07 car.
    VERY TRUE. Although it will still be a 56 plate it will be a 2007 '56' which will make it a couple hundred pound better in the glass guide when you go to sell it.

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    However if the car does arrive on the 29th or such like im sure the dealer will want to register it before the end of the year so that it goes towards their 2006 figures, particularly if they need a couple more registrations for the yearly bonus.

N12 JLK
    Jason is in a huff big time. He has not even been on the site since Monday.

"I am fed up with the whole thing" he says

N12 JLK
    This is my first post since being told of our delays, I was completely pissed off on Tuesday and I just couldnt even post or be bothered to do anything MINI related. I will be working next weekend Sat and Sun so if it does come Lesley will need to go herself to pick it up which takes the shine right off the car for me:( Just think Craig the cars have been built for 2 weeks by then which is cack:disapprove:
    Going to Menzies today to sign the finance agreement so should get the car by Easter

wonder what is causing the delay. It is model specific. h'mm read on Mini2 speculation from one member that it has been found that fuel is leaking into the enigne when the motor is switched of not sure if that will be right though not noticed this on Allan's car and it sits in the garage more than what it gets driven. It's also been mentioned about the bonnet cap but surely this would be both models.

So we have what engine - gearbox - electrics - ecu - that is different on the S anything else???.

Obviously whatever it is they are stuggling to get it resolved and to start shipping the motors out to the dealer.

The thing is though once it has been resolved will we ever hear what the problem was in fact will the dealers ever find ou.

I know how it works in our business and so bad press can be avoided it is highly un likely we will ever know what it was.

My money would be on that BMW/MINI have identified a faulty batch of a component supplied to them and I reckon they will be waiting on a replacement part coming in. It could just be something like all the plastic petrol caps have cracks in them??? get the idea.?
    Cooper Coupe...

well i hope this will be sorted soon as mine is supposed to be delivered 3rd week in jan & this is now starting to worry me

quote:Originally posted by Craig & Jude

Fi,

I hear what your saying, however if it was something simple, surely they would have said what the fault is.... It's as if "vee are a German company and vee do not make mistakes!!!!"

From the amount of cars lying down at Oxford now (including the staff car parks being full....) means that they have no idea how to fix it, or as you say they are waiting on replacement parts...:disapprove: After all, my car was completed production nearly 2 weeks ago..., would it really take that long to get a replacement part or to fix a minor fault ?

the plot thickens, hopefully we shall find out more during the week....:evil:
    well if they are waiting on a third party to supply a new batch of 1000's of whatever it was that has gone wrong then it may take a few days for the order to be completed. The another few days to be fitted to the cars.

If they can help it they will not say what has went wrong and if it is a part supplied to them then they can not say what has gone wrong.

I really don't think it will be long before you car is at the dealer.

Just don''t expect to be told what the problem was.
    Cooper Coupe...

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    This kind of thing is not limited to BMW all major corporations do the same thing :evil: BMW are under no obligation to tell you what the fault, if there is a fault, is
    Anything mentioned is pure speculation.
    As Fi mentioned, why would they tell the world what's wrong 8)
    Take microsoft for example, always release a new operating system and then dish out updates on a regular basis :mad:

Sorry :I spoken from a guy who has not ordered and is not waiting for a new car to be delivered :blackeye:
    At the end of the day, i'm pretty sure your car will be right when it arrives :approve:

is that the Mini's starting to be shipped out of Oxford now.????
    Cooper Coupe...

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    quote:Originally posted by Craig & Jude
    how do you know that ? ?
    Fi, stop winding the man up