PDA

View Full Version : mini web spokes cleaning

snooze
6th December 2006, 07:30 PM
can i just use normal alloy wheel clearner? like auto glym? i heard someone say they had to use different stuff on the r90's.

Wul
6th December 2006, 08:11 PM
Hey Snooze! So long as they are laquered or painted and you don't leave it on for too long then you should be fine - some cleaners react with bare metal especially if left on too long.

Personally i'd only use a wheel cleaner if they are really dirty - I much prefer to wash them in car wash soap every week and if possible wax once every 1-2 months this way I never really need to use a wheel cleaner product.

euan
6th December 2006, 08:42 PM
Yup - that's what I did with my R90s. You can't get the spray out from behind the 2 piece, so I just stayed with the soap and waxing.

snooze
6th December 2006, 11:17 PM
i have never even heard of waxing wheels! whats the name of the stuff to buy for that?

Wul
7th December 2006, 12:10 AM
There are bespoke wheel waxes - but I just use the stuff I put on the paintwork - currently Meguiars TechWax or Mirror Glaze #16

swil00
5th January 2007, 05:51 AM
I use a product called Virosol on my wheels..

It isn't sold as an alloy wheel cleaner (hmm.. Janitorial cleaning product) and comes in 5 litre containers.. lasts for ages..

Very effective though... Its citrus based BTW..