PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Night....

Craig
5th December 2006, 07:45 AM
there I was minding my own business, just starting to watch "American Chopper" when the phone rings. Who was it??

it was Jude stuck on the M8 near to Cowcaddens (near the Merc Garage) with a flat tyre and no hard shoulder! :eek::eek: oh aye and it's a bloomin monsoon out!:eek:

Whilst on the phone, the helpful police "Motorway Patrol" turn up and check that she is ok - Jude phones for the AA. This is at 21:15hrs. They say "we will be there by 23:00hrs - you are a priority!!:eek:"

I said, - don't worry dear, I'll come out and change the tyre for you... arrive there about 21:40hrs take the spare wheel off the back, get the locking wheel nut.... BUT no jack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! by this point, I'm wet and pi$$ed off...

so, had to wait til the AA man turned up (which was only 20 mins later). FIxed in 5 mins.

Must say, HUGE thanks to the Police and the AA for looking after ma wee jude and making sure she was safe..:approve::approve::approve:

AndyP & Lenore
5th December 2006, 07:54 AM
quote:Originally posted by Craig & Jude

there I was minding my own business, just starting to watch "American Chopper" when the phone rings. Who was it??

it was Jude stuck on the M8 near to Cowcaddens (near the Merc Garage) with a flat tyre and no hard shoulder! :eek::eek: oh aye and it's a bloomin monsoon out!:eek:

Whilst on the phone, the helpful police "Motorway Patrol" turn up and check that she is ok - Jude phones for the AA. This is at 21:15hrs. They say "we will be there by 23:00hrs - you are a priority!!:eek:"

I said, - don't worry dear, I'll come out and change the tyre for you... arrive there about 09:40hrs take the spare wheel off the back, get the locking wheel nut.... BUT no jack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! by this point, I'm wet and pi$$ed off...

so, had to wait til the AA man turned up (which was only 20 mins later). FIxed in 5 mins.

Must say, HUGE thanks to the Police and the AA for looking after ma wee jude and making sure she was safe..:approve::approve::approve:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Glad Jude is OK.;)

Scottie
5th December 2006, 08:07 AM

I said, - don't worry dear, I'll come out and change the tyre for you... arrive there about 09:40hrs take the spare wheel off the back, get the locking wheel nut.... BUT no jack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! by this point, I'm wet and pi$$ed off...

Ok so Jude phones you at 21.00 hours just when OCC is about to start.

The Police turn up at 21.15hrs

AA say can't there until 23.00 hrs

and you turn up the next day at 09.40 hrs.

Poor Jude I would have divorced you.;):p:D

Scottie
5th December 2006, 08:10 AM
nae gid going and changing the post now young man. The original time is in my post.

sedgie
5th December 2006, 08:22 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Ok so Jude phones you at 21.00 hours just when OCC is about to start.

The Police turn up at 21.15hrs

AA say can't there until 23.00 hrs

and you turn up the next day at 09.40 hrs.

Poor Jude I would have divorced you.;):p:D

:D:D:D
Thats nothing....my hubby is on GMT...."GORDON MEAN TIME"
he calls me at 7.30 say he is coming into St Andrews now...takes him 30 mins to to get hame...takes me 10 in rush hour!:eek:~~mutters men~~

but good boy Craig going oot tae get yer wife!:D:approve:

Crombers
5th December 2006, 08:33 AM
"Women !! , never expect any help on a Monday"

Just kiddin Jude , glad your all safe & well :approve:

Gismo
5th December 2006, 01:41 PM
When i bought my first cooper i queried the lack of a jack, then insisted i needed one in case of damaged wheel etc.
So, my new S had a jack in the car even though i don't have a spare :approve: