PDA

View Full Version : The new R56 MINI

vintageb3
3rd December 2006, 06:09 AM
While I was at Menzies today…

I drew up along side a new Cooper. I did notice that it was indeed higher than my wee MINI…but unless there was a R50 (or is it R53???) sitting…no one would notice.

Had a look around it…and thought that it does look better in the flesh than in the pictures I have seen on the net.

Had a wee seat in a R56 Cooper S in the showroom…and it felt nice. Not sure about the new style dash…like my 04 dash better…but the new dash certainly wouldn’t put me off buying the car. I think BMW should offer the old dash in the new car though.

Would I run out and buy one? Not yet to be honest. I like my convertible and that model will be current for another two years I believe. Will be interested in seeing the R56 convertible when it comes out.

I bought this convertible to keep for a long time…I have two vans for everyday driving and work…and may have another car at some stage…but keep the mini for fun driving.

Must admit I love the sound of that supercharger…has me thinking about a 15% pulley reduction…but I’m wondering if it wouldn’t be more prudent to extend the warranty on the car if I’m going to keep it.

Also seen Scottiecoop’s last MINI with the Gulf stripes….I still like the look of that car!

mark

ELFMAN
4th December 2006, 05:22 PM
Mark - check out the other thread(s) Re. the new model, we've all had our tuppence-worth! I think the conclusion was that there were plusses & minusses on both models, and a policy of “All for One and One for All” ie, “whatever floats your MINI boat” was the way to go.
Other Thread Here (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10195)

Crombers
5th December 2006, 05:09 AM
quote:Originally posted by ELFMAN

Mark - check out the other thread(s) Re. the new model, we've all had our tuppence-worth! I think the conclusion was that there were plusses & minusses on both models, and a policy of “All for One and One for All” ie, “whatever floats your MINI boat” was the way to go.

Ah the old diplomacy bit, well said 'brother' :approve:

ELFMAN
5th December 2006, 05:08 PM
I'm a lover, not a fighter!

Burple
5th December 2006, 06:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by crombers

Have you been watching too much Lost?? :D:D:p

Crombers
5th December 2006, 10:25 PM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

quote:Originally posted by crombers

Have you been watching too much Lost?? :D:D:p

Nah nah , all will be revealed soon ;)