PDA

View Full Version : Just to get a fight going...

Craig
2nd December 2006, 02:25 AM
click here - it's amazing... (http://www.minifinity.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=53378)

Seems they are still out there.... oh the big green eyed monster... :D:D

or they are just pissed that Rover went out of business and no longer had the cash to build it... :D

Scottie
2nd December 2006, 03:45 AM
Oh dear I feel sorry for them really.

The thing that cracks me up I was more than likely driving a classic Mini before most of them were either born or out of nappies.

As I long time Mini fan of some 33 40 years and having owned a mini either the old style or new style for 27 years I can honestly say I can't be bothered with their babble.

Coop
2nd December 2006, 04:08 AM
Why do they have to slag the new cars? Most of us like both new and classic, personally I don't really care if your car is a 56 plate Cooper S or a C plate Mini City!

Burple
2nd December 2006, 06:17 AM
Well from the comments so far you ain't getting your fight Craigyboy! :p:D

The people that comment like that really have no idea that the hate doesn't flow the other way :D:D
And most of us love the classic Mini as much as the new ones, and have more than likely owned a couple! :D:D

Bring on the narrow minded zealots!!:D:D:p:p:p

N12 JLK
2nd December 2006, 06:52 AM
Tut tut!!! BINI :blackeye:
Single minded if you ask me. As stated before we have now owned 4 mini's, 1 classic , One, Cooper and now a new r56! come on its only a car. Blimey charley with global warming , wars in the far east, people trying to kill us all with bombs shouldnt some folks just take a chill pill.
oh and to the chap on the other site who stated that the new car was just a 207 well a big kick in the balls to you and yes i would do it if i saw you, cheeky bugger:)

God Im off on one tonight ( dont get me started I've got matches and i'll use them);)

Craig
2nd December 2006, 07:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

The people that comment like that really have no idea that the hate doesn't flow the other way :D:D
And most of us love the classic Mini as much as the new ones, and have more than likely owned a couple! :D:D

ah well.......... one can try......;)

just had a bit of a cr@p week at work and fancied a square go and that really got my blood boiling.. as you say, they just don't get that we are lovers of all things mini, regardless of age, style etc... :approve:

Sheilz
2nd December 2006, 09:00 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop
Oh dear I feel sorry for them really.

The thing that cracks me up I was more than likely driving a classic Mini before most of them were either born or out of nappies.

Me too :eek:;):approve::D:D:D

minidriver#1
4th December 2006, 01:00 AM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

He's not getting his fight because we're not stuck in the past like that lot lol.

GP 1536
6th December 2006, 09:40 AM
"Bini" :D Highly amusing.

monkimagic
6th December 2006, 09:55 AM
Sad feckers, however there are a few classics in Aberdeen with the BMW free sticker....now that is sad, even my neighbour May who is 91, never drove a car in her life knows that the old Mini is not made by BMW:I Maybe I am missing the point....Oh thats right, there is no point;)

ELFMAN
6th December 2006, 10:39 PM
Thanks to the wonder that is my AppleMac, I can't access the link to the futile mutterings of 'Itsadinnitmini'. I can guess what it's about. NO, it's NOT an 'original Mini', and the newest one's not even a 'not original Mini MINI'. Like Scottiecoop, I love BOTH old and new, having spent many of my formative years bouncing doun country roads at unfeasibly high speeds with tiny drum brakes....(in a Mini, not just on my feet). Like an automotive Lazarus, the classic Mini's appeal was given a new lease of life with the appearance of the new one, with everybody's memories (rose tinted in many cases) being re-kindled. Bet they weren't complaining that old Mini values were probably boosted. Loads of 'new' owners (Craig, Mr. King etc run originals too). When will these obsessive - and not in a good way - numpties get a life and realise they're getting themselves upset over nothing? As my mate Lauren would say:

“Are you sayin' my MINI's a BINI though? Is it that you hates the Germans? Is it that Issigonis was a Greek though? But is that wot you're sayin' right? Is it that you is a inverse snob though? Is it that you is just sad and livin' in the past though? Do you fink that plastic is a new material? But do you though? Is it that you fink Cliff Richard's the latest pop idol innit? MINI? BINI? Face, Bovvered? Big MINI? Li'll Mini? Bovvered? Am I though? Face, Mini? Bovvered? I AIN'T BOVVERED!!!!!!!!!

Crombers
7th December 2006, 08:22 AM
quote:Originally posted by ELFMAN

Thanks to the wonder that is my AppleMac, I can't access the link to the futile mutterings of 'Itsadinnitmini'. I can guess what it's about. NO, it's NOT an 'original Mini', and the newest one's not even a 'not original Mini MINI'. Like Scottiecoop, I love BOTH old and new, having spent many of my formative years bouncing doun country roads at unfeasibly high speeds with tiny drum brakes....(in a Mini, not just on my feet). Like an automotive Lazarus, the classic Mini's appeal was given a new lease of life with the appearance of the new one, with everybody's memories (rose tinted in many cases) being re-kindled. Bet they weren't complaining that old Mini values were probably boosted. Loads of 'new' owners (Craig, Mr. King etc run originals too). When will these obsessive - and not in a good way - numpties get a life and realise they're getting themselves upset over nothing? As my mate Lauren would say:

“Are you sayin' my MINI's a BINI though? Is it that you hates the Germans? Is it that Issigonis was a Greek though? But is that wot you're sayin' right? Is it that you is a inverse snob though? Is it that you is just sad and livin' in the past though? Do you fink that plastic is a new material? But do you though? Is it that you fink Cliff Richard's the latest pop idol innit? MINI? BINI? Face, Bovvered? Big MINI? Li'll Mini? Bovvered? Am I though? Face, Mini? Bovvered? I AIN'T BOVVERED!!!!!!!!!

Superb :D

Elfmeister is a legend :approve:

N12 JLK
8th December 2006, 04:42 AM
Ewan, you make me laugh:D

ELFMAN
8th December 2006, 05:04 PM
That's just what my Ex-Fiance used to say.... shortly followed by “Now get dressed...”

Burple
8th December 2006, 06:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by ELFMAN

That's just what my Ex-Fiance used to say.... shortly followed by “Now get dressed...”

Well if you *will* insist on wearing that comedy thong in the amusing shape of an elephant....

markyc
12th December 2006, 02:28 AM
It kinda worries me that all those folk on that other site can't spell Mini right, none of them :clown: Do you have to through a strange spelling ritual if you want to join them and you are forced into changing the M on the keyboard for a B !!

Think that sums them all up really........ Then again they've got to have some excitment in their oh so strange little existences

T6 KFR
12th December 2006, 09:51 PM
they are sooo petty and childish, why cant they move on with the times and accept mini's are mini's regardless to most of us decent folks!!

Wonder if they still carry their walkman tape players too:D