PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy?

jamiec
1st December 2006, 09:23 AM
Need one white S Spoke rim 17" with or without a tyre not bothered. There is one on the bay but if you have any sites that sell them or if any of you have one lying around let me know :D

Need one as my tyre keeps going flat and garage say it's a bent rim thats letting the air out. Sound sensible or are they talking fish?

Anyway need it sorted as 2 runflats in a couple of months with the possibility of a 3rd aint good :sleepy:

Cheers!

bigcoyote
1st December 2006, 11:35 AM
I don't know about the UK - but here in the States a good place to look for factory wheels is a MINI dealer - ask if they have any "take offs" -- OR if there is a tire/wheel shop that alot of MINI owners use to upgrade their cars - call them and see if they have any take offs. Lots of times people will upgrade their wheels and the tire shop or dealer will have the old left overs laying around.

Good luck :cool:

Craig
1st December 2006, 04:25 PM
jamie, if the tyre was than bent you would feel it when you are driving.... not sure I believe what they are saying...:(

as for a new wheel, it's worth giving some of the local dealers a call as they may have 1 or 2 lying about.. (or can get you one at a not so bad price as it is only the wheel your looking for..)

happy hunting..:D

stoney
1st December 2006, 05:16 PM
hi there is a place in plains on the main road that will sort it for about £20 i know the place is on the a89 but can not mind the name i used them on my old wheels as i hit a bad pot hole and buckled it

also i am shure there is a place in Prestwick some where that dose it as well think its the same place that dose the custom exuast hope this helps stoney :)

jamiec
1st December 2006, 07:55 PM
Thanks stone. Think it's rms engineering in Prestwick. Bidding on one on ebay so if I get that we will be sorted but giving the dealers a call could be a option.