PDA

View Full Version : Accident (very graphic)

Lynsey
1st December 2006, 05:47 AM
Sorry folks - link removed. I'm all for promoting the message of road safety and responsible driving but those images are not the way to do it. They are on that site for purlely vouyeristic purposes and is most certainly unsuitable material for linking into from this site where we cater for all ages and dispositions.

MMM

monkimagic
1st December 2006, 05:50 AM
Bloody hell, people be warned, this is awful....but this is waht happens when you **** about and speed.

Crombers
1st December 2006, 06:01 AM
Shocking & a tad to much detail re photos :disapprove:. These shots should never have been allowed onto the inernet in the first place.

Sweeney
1st December 2006, 06:08 AM
:eek: feel ill after seeing that... On the accident note, i crashed last night :(.

Crombers
1st December 2006, 06:18 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sweeney

:eek: feel ill after seeing that... On the accident note, i crashed last night :(.

Trust you are OK , what happened :question:

Scottie
1st December 2006, 06:22 AM
bl00dy hell:(:(

monkimagic
1st December 2006, 06:25 AM
quote:Originally posted by crombers

Shocking & a tad to much detail re photos :disapprove:. These shots should never have been allowed onto the inernet in the first place.

Why? so we can pretend that when people die in RTA'S they look serene and happy, that is not the case and people should be aware that this is what they will look like when their families see there bloody corpses, all so they could go a bit faster.

sleepyrascal
1st December 2006, 06:35 AM
Its a very strong reminder of what can happen!!

Scottie
1st December 2006, 06:39 AM
The pictures are indeed hard to look at.

I can only imagine how hard it is sometimes for the emergency services.

Travelling the A9 and the roads up here a lot I have only once been a witness to a fatal about 5 mins from my house and first on it. Allan dealt with it I may be a red cross first aid person but no way was I prepared for that.

You think yeh show the youngster these pictures but you can't help to wonder if they would really mkae a difference would they take in the message some young ones are so gun ho it will never happen to me.

So I agree with everyone on this one.

Gordons_cooper_wrks
1st December 2006, 06:46 AM
F$%£n h&ll thats scary. really makes u think see stuff like that.

Sweeney
1st December 2006, 06:50 AM

Fish tailed on a motorway bend (very start of m73 from m74 to be precise), ended up on grass fish tailed somemore, almost ended up in trees and on m74 sideways, got back onto the bend and almost regained control but back end kicked out again and went head first into crash barrier right above the m74 and bounced back off it. Burns, cuts and bruises but ill survive... maybe some stuff appearing in the for sale section soon though :disapprove:

Scottie
1st December 2006, 07:06 AM
MAYBE BEFORE THE SITE GETS BUSY TOMORROW AND JUST IN CASE ANY KIDS LOG ON THE LINK SHOULD BE DELETED.

Craig
1st December 2006, 07:12 AM

Fish tailed on a motorway bend (very start of m73 from m74 to be precise), ended up on grass fish tailed somemore, almost ended up in trees and on m74 sideways, got back onto the bend and almost regained control but back end kicked out again and went head first into crash barrier right above the m74 and bounced back off it. Burns, cuts and bruises but ill survive... maybe some stuff appearing in the for sale section soon though :disapprove:

glad you are OK mate.... I take it the car looks a bit second hand..:(

was there diesel or something on the road?

monkimagic
1st December 2006, 07:12 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

MAYBE BEFORE THE SITE GETS BUSY TOMORROW AND JUST IN CASE ANY KIDS LOG ON THE LINK SHOULD BE DELETED.

Kids should not be logging on? and it is warned that it is Gorey. Read the label

Crombers
1st December 2006, 07:16 AM

Exactly what I was getting at. Pictures are just too severe.

Scottie
1st December 2006, 07:16 AM
quote:Originally posted by monkimagic

Kids should not be logging on? and it is warned that it is Gorey. Read the label

I know that but you can never tell. You don't know everyone on here some people may lost close family members through car accidents perhaps this is the last thing they want to see. Human nature makes people click on the link. yes I agree it gets the message over the pictures I can take but perhaps not eveyone can.

Crombers
1st December 2006, 07:18 AM

Sorry to here all this mate. Glad your Ok(ish) , dare I ask about now yer MINI is :question:

Sweeney
1st December 2006, 07:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by Craig & Jude

The cars bad enough aye, was a really bad impact on the barrier but insurance have decided they want a total of 6 grand excess before they look at it. Dunno if it was some form of oil/chemical or just a bump or kink in the road and with the road being greasy and wet lost control.

Im alright, had gfriend in the car too though and shes slightly hurt, nothing compared to me. Done nothing but blame myself for everything lol :dead:

Scottie
1st December 2006, 07:25 AM

quote:Originally posted by Craig & Jude

The cars bad enough aye, was a really bad impact on the barrier but insurance have decided they want a total of 6 grand excess before they look at it. Dunno if it was some form of oil/chemical or just a bump or kink in the road and with the road being greasy and wet lost control.

Im alright, had gfriend in the car too though and shes slightly hurt, nothing compared to me. Done nothing but blame myself for everything lol :dead:

you got pictures.

Sweeney
1st December 2006, 07:31 AM
nope, front bumpers all smashed and cracked, bonnets crumpled along the entire front and has been shoved up and is all out of line, spotlights and grilles are all mangled and smashed, pretty sure front suspensions totally gubbed, steerings gubbed, radiator is gubbed cause it spilled its guts afterwards, windscreens smashed, airbags deployed on impact, alloys are gubbed i think, didnt try to open bonnet or that though so who knows what the internals are like. Been in shock since it happened had to be pulled out the car by a couple of guys who stopped when they saw me hitting barrier cause i couldnt move, didnt have a clue where i was.

Craig
1st December 2006, 07:35 AM

nope, front bumpers all smashed and cracked, bonnets crumpled along the entire front and has been shoved up and is all out of line, spotlights and grilles are all mangled and smashed, pretty sure front suspensions totally gubbed, steerings gubbed, radiator is gubbed cause it spilled its guts afterwards, windscreens smashed, airbags deployed on impact, alloys are gubbed i think, didnt try to open bonnet or that though so who knows what the internals are like. Been in shock since it happened had to be dragged out the car by a couple of guys who stopped when they saw me hitting barrier cause i couldnt move, didnt have a clue where i was.

holly feck.... glad you got out with only cuts and bruises...

hope you get it sorted and at the end of the day, although we LOVE our cars, it's only a piece of metal and is insured...:D bodies are priceless, cars can be rebuilt or replaced much easier..

Scottie
1st December 2006, 07:37 AM
I've got a few sets of alloys ;) if you need new ones:p

glad your ok

AndyP & Lenore
1st December 2006, 07:38 AM
Really sorry to hear of your smash Ryan:(:(:(. Glad you and your GF are (relatively - when you look at the pics at the start of this thread) OK.

Why do your insurance co want £6K excess to "look" at the car?

Obviously I wasn't there, but I'm not convinced the guys who pulled you and your GF out the car were acting in your best interests. Adrenaline masked broken back, anyone? Lucky.

A.:(

Sweeney
1st December 2006, 07:42 AM
Yeah i know although cars not gonna be repairable i dont think because looking at the back it all looks kinda deformed, the back number plate is all shattered and exhaust looked right out of place, its really taught me to live my life a little differently and with a totally different attitude, we were very lucky how it happened, could've been much much worse... trouble with things like this though far too many what ifs :(

Actually they were acting in the very best interest, the gfriend kept me as calm as possible dunno how she was so collected about it... we were sitting sideways in the fast lane, one of them was a male nurse so gave us a check over and told me how to treat my injuries and what to do if we felt ill etc. They done what they could with the car given that the road was still open and traffic flowing.

Regarding the excess, it was my dad who dealt with getting it so no doubt my premium will be rock bottom hence the massive excess.

Sheilz
1st December 2006, 07:46 AM
Sorry about your accident. Why do the insurance company want six grand excess? Thought most young drivers were stung with about £400/500. Seems a bit punitive to me.

Re accident photos. yes these are gruesome and a sobering reminder about speed, alcohol, road conditions etc. I showed them to Nik who has now had his first ten driving lessons, and raring to get his own car. I would rather he and his friends saw these pictures than end up in the picture. I would have been quite sceptical about the power of the visual message until quite recently when during a discussion about drugs Nik told me that the TV ad where the young lad's life take two different paths depending on whether he accepts or rejects the offer of drugs made a real impact on him, as with those on smoking. For this generation of kids brought up with PC and console games, pictures etc have a much greater influence than adults just harping on about stuff. I would agree with Paddy on this one but would much rather they produced fake stuff than violate the privacy of the family. There is also the possibility that the family agreed to the pictures being used since it could help prevent another such tragedy. People can take comfort from the strangest of things after this kind of thing.

sh@z
1st December 2006, 07:50 AM
Seen this on various other forums, real shame :(

monkimagic
1st December 2006, 08:00 AM
quote:

you got pictures.

I thought you were taking the mickey :I

GP 1536
1st December 2006, 10:40 AM
Glad no one else was killed in this accident.Very graphic pictures and very horrific.She must have died instantly.Shame,very pretty girl who had her whole life ahead of her.A major lesson to be learned here.

AeroJonny
1st December 2006, 11:06 AM
What a terrible, terrible shame.

Ryan, it's great to hear that you and your g/f are not too badly hurt.

Gismo
1st December 2006, 02:27 PM
By the sounds of it it's probably best that i can't see the pictures, thank you BP websense.
Sweeney, sorry to hear about your accident too, that £6k excess is way excessive :disapprove:

bpirie1000
1st December 2006, 05:41 PM
Seams to have been removed......

Must of been horrible.

ianking
1st December 2006, 06:52 PM
I cant see the pics there is nothing there

Ryan, sorry to hear about your accident, hope you get your insurance pennies sorted out, remember to strip the car bar ebefore it goes away to the car garage in the sky. I had everything of my mini before it went to the breakers.

Monsta Mo Mini
1st December 2006, 07:05 PM
Sorry - link removed and topic locked.