PDA

View Full Version : The things you find out at meetings

Scottie
1st December 2006, 04:39 AM
been at a meeting the last couple days and the FTA were there.

Talking about the Dangerous Goods Act. 2007 blah blah blah.

Anyway were talking about VOSA and this new system currently getting tested out on the M6 soon to be rolled out I think.

It is called WIMS bl00dy hell how good is that system.

it takes a photo of your number plate and almost immediately brings all the details up of the vehicle

then it takes a side photo and some other stuff as you go over the sensors on the road which looks like shiny tarmac

again almost straight away it can tell if the vehicle is over weight and on which axle

obviously mostly designed for lorries

but they say will be used for all vehicles ie towing a caravan and tariler etc etc. even motor cars

then you get pulled in further down the road if over the limits.

only once have we been pulled in a checked out while towing the caravan.

I reckon if they use this on cars towing caravans alot of people will get pulled as you see many cars out there towing a van you know they shouldn't be.

just makes you wonder what else they will bring out.

OBN
1st December 2006, 05:39 AM
Big brother is watching. Government won't be happy until we're all energy cells like in the matrix

Sweeney
1st December 2006, 07:25 AM
I knew about that a while ago :p lol, "motor transport" magazine have been following it for a while (we get it in work). Loads of new up and coming schemes in the pipeline and almost all seem to favour the method of on the spot fines :p

Scottie
1st December 2006, 07:29 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sweeney

I knew about that a while ago :p lol, "motor transport" magazine have been following it for a while (we get it in work). Loads of new up and coming schemes in the pipeline and almost all seem to favour the method of on the spot fines :p

yeh well i just hope you don't hire any bowsers whole bunch of new reg's

Sweeney
1st December 2006, 07:32 AM
Nah, they are a pain in the ..... :p Although the re-calibration of speed limits for 7.5tonners and now 3.5t+ vans is gonna cause an absolute nightmare, did you know about that one :p

Scottie
1st December 2006, 07:35 AM
yip white van man what is it 56mph

Sweeney
1st December 2006, 08:05 AM
aye 56mph for anything above 3.5t :S

asuds86
1st December 2006, 10:24 AM
I was driving up the M6 from France in the summer and noticed a lot of cameras on an overpass and didn't know what they were for. I took it at the time that they were just a different kind of average speed cameras but they were probably the ones you are on about.