PDA

View Full Version : Which digital camera to go for....

AndyP & Lenore
30th November 2006, 08:47 AM
Lenore's M&D are looking to buy a "Chunky" digital camera.

In the past I've always gone with Fuji, but the last one I had was slow and I've heard from others that their Fuji is too slow to process and get ready for the next shot.

Thinking about the Kodak Z650. Going to have a look at one tomorrow.

Does anyone have any recommendations. Their budget is £100 to £130 ish.

This is the Kodak:

http://www.image-acquire.com/i/650.jpg

illegalhunter
30th November 2006, 09:25 AM
get a fuji finepix 6.3 megapix about £130 ive got one for work really good pics

AndyP & Lenore
30th November 2006, 09:46 AM
quote:Originally posted by deerslayer

get a fuji finepix 6.3 megapix about £130 ive got one for work really good pics

The problem I had with my Fuji (and I've heard others talk of it too) is the delay from taking the picture to it being ready to take the next one. I am torn 'cos I've always loved Fuji's, until I got my Canon EOS 350D, all my digital camera's had been Fuji's. But the last one was just painfully slow.

How do you find the delay on yours?

A.

Craig
30th November 2006, 04:28 PM
Andy,

I have the Kodak Z740 (near identical to that model) and it has been great...:approve::approve: Highly recommend it.

Infact, my dad bought one after using my camera on holiday.. :D

As for the delay on photos..... well it doesn't bother me, but it depends if your trying to be david bailey ? ;)

Gismo
30th November 2006, 05:29 PM
For the price range you're looking at you're not gonna get a really fast picture taker,
if they could increase their price a wee bitty ;) you could get this Sony DSC H2 (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Sony-Cyber-shot-DSC-H2-Digital-Camera_W0QQitemZ220053465588QQihZ012QQcategoryZ313 88QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)
I bought one of these within the last 6 months or so and it's been fantastic, it can be a simple click ang go or you can change many settings.
They will need a memory card, but they can be cheap enough, also included are the rechargeable batteries and the charger

The Dogfather
30th November 2006, 05:49 PM
A recent test on the Gadget Show said that the Fuji were quicker than a Canon and Sony

ianking
30th November 2006, 05:52 PM
Im sure thats the Kodak we have at work. We all get a camera each for going on a survey. I tend to take the new Canon but my mate always goes with the Kodak and he said its a great camera.

AndyP & Lenore
30th November 2006, 06:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by craigd
I have the Kodak Z740 (near identical to that model) and it has been great...:approve::approve: Highly recommend it.

As for the delay on photos..... well it doesn't bother me, but it depends if your trying to be david bailey ? ;)

Truth is, it probably won't bother them.

It's just me trying to be David Bailey..... You've seen my photo's. You can see the similarity.;):eek::D

A.:D

AndyP & Lenore
30th November 2006, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the input folks.

Alan, that Sony is out their budget, but thanks anyway.

Will have a wee looky at the Kodak today.

Cheers,

A.:D