PDA

View Full Version : Cannonball 8000

GP 1536
30th November 2006, 02:21 AM
Did anyone see this last night.It looks like a good laugh and I noticed a Cooper S in the field.I was wondering if anyone here had taken an interest in going on it.Check out the web-site and it's £4500 to enter ???? A lot of dough for a weekend trip.You could get sponsorship to finance it though.

Also check out the Gumball 3000 web-site and that was £28000 to enter for 2 people and 1 car.Fook that !

Craig
30th November 2006, 04:15 AM
saw it last night (first part and Sky+ 'd the rest)

looks like a laugh but MEGA expensive for a weekend away.. :p

If I had the money mind.... :approve::approve:

Crombers
30th November 2006, 06:50 AM
Next NMS run anyone :question::p

OBN
30th November 2006, 06:57 AM
classic when that guy copped a 2 month driving ban in Germany, and was about 50 meters from the Czech boarder

GP 1536
30th November 2006, 09:15 AM
Yeah.That made me laugh too.

Appart from a Mini,an old Capri would be a class car to do it in.

http://www.cannonball8000.co.uk/

AndyP & Lenore
30th November 2006, 09:49 AM
Did it have Burt Reynolds and Dom DeLuise in it?

DUM DUM DUUUUUM!!!!! Captain Chaos to the rescue!:D:D:D

A.:D

Mon the fish
1st December 2006, 04:13 AM
Me and a mate are tentatively planning it for 2 years time, in his kit-built V6 Dax Rush.

Going to wear kilts, Scotland tops and Jimmy bunnets. Could possibly be the best week ever :D

Craig
1st December 2006, 04:22 AM
after your married Gordon - you lucky lucky man..... I can't even get away for a few days to Germany for a trip round the Porsche Factory....;)

Mon the fish
1st December 2006, 04:26 AM
You just book it, tell her afterwards... The same way I've told her that me and a few others are off to Paris next September for the footie :p

She's been made well aware that i'm not giving up the tartan army :D

duncan
1st December 2006, 04:33 AM
Good luck to you.
Anytime those programmes are on, its seems to me its full of pretentious poseurs or cockernee wide boys. Can't be bothered with them to be honest. Especially when they whine about the speeding ticket.

Crombers
1st December 2006, 05:41 AM
quote:Originally posted by Mon the fish

You just book it, tell her afterwards... The same way I've told her that me and a few others are off to Paris next September for the footie :p

She's been made well aware that i'm not giving up the tartan army :D

Top man :approve:

sacbis
1st December 2006, 07:44 AM
quote:Anytime those programmes are on, its seems to me its full of pretentious poseurs or cockernee wide boys.

Couldne agree more