PDA

View Full Version : Only gone and bought.........

The Dogfather
28th November 2006, 10:25 PM
Another Audi A2. With the Cooper Diesel not out until March :( and with Jackie needing a car within a month or so we've decided to go for an A2.

Its a 54 plate SE TDI 90 in black, should be cheap to run and it'll be mainly Jackie driving it so performance isn't a big issue.

It was up for £10k but got them down to £8569

X30YES
29th November 2006, 04:07 AM
(.):p

Crombers
29th November 2006, 06:34 AM
That'll be two 'beauties' in the driveway then :p;):D

sh@z
29th November 2006, 06:44 AM
questionable!

You're going through cars at some rate tho VB, soon be challenging Scottiecoop to see who changes their cars more often!

Craig
29th November 2006, 07:08 AM
don't see the benefit in having an A2 diesel. much better diesels available for the money...

you could have bought a £1K motor for a few months and then got the cooper diesel...:p;):D

Scottie
29th November 2006, 07:23 AM
quote:Originally posted by sh@z

questionable!

You're going through cars at some rate tho VB, soon be challenging Scottiecoop to see who changes their cars more often!

no think he has already passed even my car count.;)

Isn't the A2 not made anymore because Audi were loosing so much money on them.//

OBN
29th November 2006, 08:05 AM
You can always take it for a spin on the London Eye

The Dogfather
29th November 2006, 05:00 PM
It's actually a great wee car, we used to have a 75bhp TDI that used to return 65mpg even with my drving :eek:

The car is Jackie's choice but I really like it as well, I love the cute looks. The choice came down to the VRs Fabia and the Audi, it had to be the Audi as the build quality is superb and the Aluminium construction means that it's quite quick for the measly power output. The car is for Jackie's new job which will involve a lot of travelling paid for by her work. The 70mpg should mean we'll be in profit.

The A2 was a money loser for Audi, the car was meant as a demonstration of what Audi could do with a small car. It's basically a prototype for the road.

As for changing cars, yes I've change my cars a few times recently but I'm not up to SC's count. Not even close.

The Dogfather
29th November 2006, 05:05 PM
I don't think there are better (small) diesels for the money,
Yaris - has horrible interior
Fabia VRs - has a cheap interior
Fiesta - Cack
Grande Punto - Questionable reliability
Polo - Too dull
Mini One D - a bit too pricey and values will drop when the new one comes out
Citroen C2/C3, Peugeot - I need something reliable
Colt - Already have a Smart Forfour so too similar

Have I missed any others? ;)

bpirie1000
29th November 2006, 05:19 PM
Paul Just go wash a car..

Works out cheaper than Buying a new one all the time..

Some people have to much money..........

How is the New House anyways..

Take it you bought the new house to save soing the housework...........

Gismo
29th November 2006, 05:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon
Another Audi A2. With the Cooper Diesel not out until March :( and with Jackie needing a car within a month or so we've decided to go for an A2Does this mean that you WILL trade in for the new Diesel when it's released??
If so, i don't see how your maths can work out as you will take another hit on the trade in, you'd have been better off buying a far cheaper car for the interim, especially as performance isn't really a big issue ;)

euan
29th November 2006, 05:55 PM
And I take issue with the Fiesta being cack - my wee bro has one for his other half (and when the snow stops his RX8!) - it's a great wee car with good handling and a decent engine.

The Dogfather
29th November 2006, 06:01 PM
Alan, no I won't be getting an R56. Jackie prefered the Audi to a MINI anyway. I doubt I'd be able to prise the keys out of her hands for a new Cooper Diesel.

We had a fester diesel, it was cack, I never hated a car so much(it was Jackie's Choice). Decent handling yes, but cheap interior and so slow (1.4 Tdci).

The house is great, I can't wait I'll be able to nip to me Mam and Dads for Sunday Lunch :D

Gismo
29th November 2006, 06:06 PM
Alan, no I won't be getting an R56. So what relevance is the mention of a diesel cooper next march :I;):p:D

X30YES
29th November 2006, 06:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Alan, no I won't be getting an R56. So what relevance is the mention of a diesel cooper next march :I;):p:D
Och !! the wee fellow just enjoys typing :p

Crombers
29th November 2006, 07:14 PM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES
Och !! the wee fellow just enjoys typing :p

:D:D:D

Wul
29th November 2006, 07:49 PM
"With the Cooper Diesel not out until March and with Jackie needing a car within a month or so we've decided to go for an A2"

Alan - read the above again - he means beacause Jackie needs a car within the next month and with the R56 MINI diesel not out till March he can't wait, so has bought an A2.

:clown:

Gismo
29th November 2006, 08:06 PM
"Alan, no I won't be getting an R56"

Wul, read the above again 8) why even mention it if he isn't even gonna buy it, it don't matter when it's coming out as he had no intention of buying one anyway
Sheesh, damned mods :D

Wul
30th November 2006, 02:29 AM
Well perhaps to ensure it had some relevance on a MINI forum (even in the OT&B Section) otherwise he'd been as well posting on www.2ndhandaudia2scotland.co.uk wouldn't he!!??

LOL! :clown:;)