PDA

View Full Version : Fifer from Bristol - hello there

MALKY
9th January 2004, 04:05 AM
Your probably wondering whats a fifer doing in Bristol ...long story. Just thought I would introduce myself. Have curremly got a MCS, Silver, white roof with all the toys. Is there any other MCS owners out there. Call Back

seany
9th January 2004, 04:09 AM
hi malky and welcome to NMS,i have a cooper and a cooper s works.

minidriver#1
9th January 2004, 04:18 AM
seany is a show off. I'm KJ ,welcome to the site. hehe. You got pics of your motor? :) Lots of us from around fife.

macblob
9th January 2004, 04:38 AM
Wecome to the madness that is NMS

GAJ
9th January 2004, 04:54 AM
Hi Malky!

3GGG
9th January 2004, 05:15 AM
Hi Malky - another poor Fifer here;)

Gismo
9th January 2004, 05:48 AM
I have an ever so slightly modified cooper s, welcome to NMS, bit far to travel for a meeting ;)

Bonnie Scotland

Willie M
9th January 2004, 04:16 PM
Welcome to NMS Malky. I'm just in the process of changing my Cooper for a nice wee JCW Cooper S.
If you're ever back up in this neck of the woods be sure to give us all a shout :cool:

Julz
9th January 2004, 08:03 PM
Welcome, and I like Bonnie Scotland, also have a slightly modified MCS!!:D

Gismo
9th January 2004, 08:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz
Welcome, and I like Bonnie Scotland:DAh, thanks Julz :I

Bonnie Scotland

MALKY
9th January 2004, 10:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by Willie M

Welcome to NMS Malky. I'm just in the process of changing my Cooper for a nice wee JCW Cooper S.
If you're ever back up in this neck of the woods be sure to give us all a shout :cool:

Well willie I am envious. Thats my next buy. However and there is always a however why opt for the JCW. I am not sure what mod to go for theres so many out there. Granted JCW has retained warranty but it is expensive. Hartge have been doing mods on Beamers for a long time and they are a lot cheaper and they say the conversion doesn't affect the warranty. Then you have the Graham Goode conversion which is the most powerful. They main thing going for the JCW is that it has beeen fully tested and is a good basis for future mods. What say ya:question::question:

Linda M
9th January 2004, 10:34 PM
Hi Malky, I'm Willie's wife and I have a JCW Cooper S :D

macblob
9th January 2004, 11:45 PM
Chatting up the blokes again Linda ;)

Linda M
10th January 2004, 01:27 AM
HUH, No one could beat you at 'chatting up' :p:approve:

Anyway it's Gaj I'm after.....that pic he posted of himself resembled Brad Pitt and he can come visit me in Crieff anytime :kiss: But then I know what the real Gaj looks like :clown:;):D

GAJ
10th January 2004, 04:17 AM
That Brad Pitt does look a wee bit like me, in a good light!

Kirsty
11th January 2004, 05:20 AM
Hi Malky I'm also a fellow Fifer!! Welcome to NMS!!! :) Nothing fancy just a wee yellow ONE!!!:D You're right Linda, Macblobs a bad boy!!:p;) No we are not going to sabotage this thread no no no...stop it!!!:p;):):D

macblob
11th January 2004, 06:02 AM
omg. this rep is getting out of hand, im a gentleman i tell u

Willie M
12th January 2004, 05:00 PM
quote:Originally posted by MALKY

Well willie I am envious. Thats my next buy. However and there is always a however why opt for the JCW. I am not sure what mod to go for theres so many out there. Granted JCW has retained warranty but it is expensive. Hartge have been doing mods on Beamers for a long time and they are a lot cheaper and they say the conversion doesn't affect the warranty. Then you have the Graham Goode conversion which is the most powerful. They main thing going for the JCW is that it has beeen fully tested and is a good basis for future mods. What say ya:question::question:

As you say Malky, there are plenty of good Cooper S mods out there and really it's down to personal choice and finance at the end of the day. Bonnie Scotland (Alan) had the Hartge conversion on his S and he's just gone and 'upgraded' it for the BBR 240(?) kit. Julz has gone for the BBR 200(?) conversion on her S, whilst Seany and my good lady (Linda M) have JCW kits.

Personally I opted for the JCW conversion because 1.) I absolutely loved the difference to Linda's S after she had the conversion done. 2.) The full 3-year BMW warranty really appealled to me.

As I say though, there are plenty good kits out there. Best of luck and happy motoring, whichever route you decide to take in the future.

Burple
12th January 2004, 08:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by macblob

omg. this rep is getting out of hand, im a gentleman i tell u

Bwah ha ha ha ha ha ha.....

Sorry... did I laugh out loud there? ;);):D

p.s... welcome to the NMS Madness!! :D:D

Tahra
13th January 2004, 10:27 PM
Hi Malky,

another Fifer here - you didnt say whereabouts in Fife originally, you know how folk like to get nostalgic.
We've got a Cooper S with no conversions (yet)...but since Bonnie Scotland mentioned that they can make an impovement to the petrol guzzling as well as the obvious attractions - it has been mentioned around the house a few times !!!!

KenL
14th January 2004, 12:19 AM
Hi Malky,

I've got a ONE so you probably don't want to speak to me :D

Welcome to NMS.

minimaster
15th January 2004, 06:22 AM
Hi guys i am a MiniScotland virgin so i just thought i would come on for a chat! I am from Glenrothes(Fife) but i am in the RAF so i spend most of my time in Yorkshire.

I have a BRG Cooper with White roof and mirrors, Privacy Glass, Panoramic sunroof, Chilli pack, cd player, 16s soon to be upgraded to white S Spokes, Clear side repeaters, stainless exhaust, short aerial from a civic Type R,

minidriver#1
15th January 2004, 07:03 AM
haha hello! i have a s2000 aerial on my cooper. Welcome to the site man. Did you see action over the past year?

Willie M
15th January 2004, 04:41 PM
Welcome to NMS minimaster :cool:

Julz
15th January 2004, 05:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by Willie M

Julz has gone for the BBR 200(?) conversion on her S

<ahem> 220 and a bit!!;)

Linda M
15th January 2004, 06:01 PM
Welcome minimaster :)

Willie M