PDA

View Full Version : CD Wow Sale!

Wul
9th January 2004, 03:02 AM
http://www12.cd-wow.com/index.php

Top 75 CD's all £7.99 including free delivery!

Highly recommended and good service - each cd individually posted and well packaged.

:):D

BOB
9th January 2004, 03:34 AM
Yep i agree its a very good service.!!!! I ordered Dido White Flag i dunno few days before it was actually released and it come on the day it was released i was amazed but also very happy!!!
The packaging is also very good. each cd is packed individually and it fits through your letter box!!! lol
Prices are amazing too. :D

lol ok im done now. :) teehee

KenL
9th January 2004, 06:31 AM
I've bought several CDs from them. They seem to come from Hong Kong but any I've bought have arrived in a few days.

DNV122
9th January 2004, 06:33 AM
Just sent an order of on the basis of your recommmendation - let's see how long it takes......

sh@z
9th January 2004, 04:15 PM
cdwow are v good, a friend of mine buys lots of cds from them lot :) no cpmplaints thusfar

Willie M
9th January 2004, 04:26 PM
Just bookmarked the site, looks good. DVD prices looked interesting too. Will have a better look over the weekend. Cheers for the info Wul :cool:

GAJ
9th January 2004, 04:38 PM
I've bought a few too without any problems!

Big Gordy
9th January 2004, 05:12 PM
play.com is a UK site along the same theme as cdwow thats also very good :p:D:approve:

GAJ
9th January 2004, 05:17 PM
I've used Play too, again without any problems.

KenL
9th January 2004, 05:41 PM
I've bought several of DVDs off Ebay, some great bargain to be had there. A lot of them are new too. e.g got the first 2 Lords of the Rings ones for about £7.50 each.

GAJ
9th January 2004, 05:49 PM
I've been an eBay addict for about 4 years now! It's also a brilliant way of getting rid of unwanted clutter from your house! People seem to buy anything. I've sold quite a few items for more money than I paid for them!

macblob
9th January 2004, 06:34 PM
Play.com is a good site for cds, dvd and games :D

Bought a few things from them

euan
9th January 2004, 08:13 PM
I use CDwow a fair bit and have never had any complaints. However.....

I ordered Lord Of The Rings on the 30th december along with a couple of CD's. I got the CDs on the 3nd January, but still no LOTR DVD. They were all sent the same day. So, either CDwow are lying or the postie is watching it.

In saying that, first time I've ever had a problem. When I emailed them to query it they were all apologetic and said to give it another 3 days (to be fair, I'm within the 10 days expected delivery still) and get in touch if i have still not recieved it.

dvoodoo
10th January 2004, 10:07 AM
play.com is also on the high list. New dvds for 6quid. Spiderman 6.95 can tbe bad.

Julz
10th January 2004, 11:15 PM
O ordered some CD's yesterday, only to go and read my paper and see that the music industry is trying to ban both CDwow and play.com!!!:mad:

KenL
10th January 2004, 11:44 PM
I heard that too Julz. What a cheek they've got. If they sold CDs at a decent price (like £8 as CD-wow do) people wouldn't copy them so much so in the long run they may make more dosh.

Gismo
11th January 2004, 03:03 AM
I was holding back from saying anything, i use Play.com a lot for all my DVD's, but, for me Julie's birthday i had ordered a double box set and it had not arrived, so, i asked what the problem was, i was advised that replacements are on their way.
Now that is service, pity it missed her birthday

Bonnie Scotland

euan
14th January 2004, 09:16 PM
Right, nightmare...

My DVD was still never coming, so i mailed CD wow. They confirmed that it was on it had been posted, and that if I mailed them back in a couple of days and it was stil not here then they would resend it. Now, I got home last night and found a note from the post office demanding duty payment of 7 quid on my DVD! That makes it blooming pricey!

So, whats the deal? do I have to pay this? What happens?

Blooming nightmare....

Big Gordy
14th January 2004, 09:22 PM
I didn't think you had to pay duty on anything under £27 :eek: but I could be wrong :I If you can convince the Post Office that it cost under that amount they should give you it otherwise if you don't pay the tax you don't get it and they take it home in turns and watch your DVD 8) :p:D:approve:

euan
14th January 2004, 09:34 PM
it did cost me under 27 quid, so if your right I'll be ok, just print off my order and take it with me. Can anyone else confirm?

Gismo
14th January 2004, 11:48 PM
As i thought, Play.com resent my order, great to deal with

Bonnie Scotland

BOB
17th January 2004, 07:17 AM
Well i didnt know they charged you tax for anything over £29, i just went to order a friends dvd series 9 and its £30 all by a penny and it popped up saying that do i now that im buying for the right region etc and then said i would be charged by the postie for the tax. I didnt know that. so all in all my purchase would be like £35 all together or there abouts. :eek:

Big Gordy
18th January 2004, 05:33 PM
They don't always charge you BOB :)Its very hit and miss I'm afraid and all down to your 'Donald Duck' :p:D:approve:

euan
19th January 2004, 10:00 PM
OK, customs state on the package that all items valued over 18 quid are liable for tax.

Which screwed me up. CD-wow have reimbursed me for the tax (which is very nice) but still a pain.

Tahra
20th January 2004, 05:31 PM
A good site to check for DVDs ( they dont do music,but strangely enough talking books...) is Choices Direct.com Its a british company so no pesky tax nonsense the stuff arrives quickly and theres no p+p ! I found them through Kellcoo ( a great wee site for comparing prices on the internet). The DVD I was looking for wasn't new but wasnt obscure either - CD Wow didnt have it, Play.com wanted 15 quid and I got it at Choices for £6.99 !!! They've got a sale on too at the mo, Im trying very hard to resist The Professionals boxed sets.....Oh Im away to remember Bodie !

euan
21st January 2004, 10:30 PM
CD-wow just got more expensive...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/3416437.stm

Wul
21st January 2004, 10:52 PM
BOO to the BPI - once again the UK punter gets shafted again - guess we'll see the end of CD-wow soon - if they have to sell at £10.99 everyone will go back to Asda/Tesco and get them for £9.87!

Gits!:(

euan
21st January 2004, 11:02 PM
From what I can see, the price goes up on Sunday. Plus they seem to have a lot at £7.99 just now.

Play will be next I suspect....

macblob
22nd January 2004, 01:59 AM
I just heard on the radio that cd wow has agreed an out of court settlement for pricing.

Going to be going up to 10 quid......public gets shafted again, and then the music industry wonders why there is so much music piracy .....duh!!!!

Gismo
22nd January 2004, 05:32 AM
:D:cool:;)

Bonnie Scotland

Wul
22nd January 2004, 06:44 PM
Copy of email from CD Wow this morning:

CD WOW! - An Important Announcement

Dear Member,

The UK Major record companies through their mouth piece the BPI* have unfortunately restricted the UK and Irish consumers right to enjoy the freedom of the World Wide Web.

As from this weekend, any CD ordered for delivery to the UK and Ireland will incur a surcharge as we are only able to deliver CDs manufactured within the EU (more expensive).

Delivery to the rest of the world will not be affected.

You only have a few days left - so order now!

Be quick to make the best of our current low low prices while you can still exercise your right to choose.

We will of course still be supplying UK and Irish customers but as of Sunday 25th January 2004 a surcharge of £2.00 (3.00 Euros) per CD will apply.

Please Note - our prices of DVDs and Games will remain unaffected

Warmest Regards,
CD WOW!

Wul
23rd January 2004, 08:43 PM
Let's hear it for the Consumers Association - go tell em boys!

Press release from the CA:

21 - 01 - 2004 British Phonographic Industry turns the tables on cheaper CDs, says Consumers' Association
Reacting to today's (21.01.04) news that the British Phonographic Industry (BPI) and CD-WOW! have reached an out of court settlement over their dispute on the importation and selling of CDs originating from outside the EU, Consumers' Association's Principal Policy Adviser, Phil Evans, said:

"The fact that CD-WOW! were so successful is proof that the UK music industry has been ripping customers off for years and that UK consumers were seeking ways to buy reasonably priced CDs.

"This is a sad day for consumers and a sad day for e-commerce. The arrogance of the music industry is staggering. This decision poses the bigger question of: What is the point of the Internet in commercial terms if consumers are prevented from using it to buy goods from abroad?

"It will be interesting to see what both the UK Government and the European Commission are planning to do to protect consumer interests from this kind of big industry cynicism."

Big Gordy
4th February 2004, 02:58 AM
:eek:STOP PRESS:eek:
Latest email from cd wow is that they have managed to get there chart cd's back down to £8.99 delivered. Good news for the consumers :p:D:approve:

Wul
4th February 2004, 03:03 AM
Yeh - got that email too! WooHoo! :D

Gismo
10th February 2004, 09:28 AM
Don't know if anyone else keeps a close eye on this site for bargains, but, last week CD Wow were selling the latest beatles anthology 5 boxset for £16.99.

Currently going for around £44 on Play.com and more importantly around £30 on eBay ;)

euan
13th February 2004, 01:31 AM
Bonnie, which one is that? I couldn't find a 5 disc one?

Gismo
13th February 2004, 01:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by euan
Bonnie, which one is that? I couldn't find a 5 disc one?It's brand new out, check play.com, they have it :D