PDA

View Full Version : The phone call.......

Linda M
9th January 2004, 12:39 AM
Got a call from Ian at Menzies and seeing as I've been trying to get my husband on the phone for the past 2 hours !!!!!! He seems to be out of his office, hmmmmmm :question:

I'll just blab it all out here :D Willie's new MINI is on it's way :D Once it arrives it needs to get the body kit fitted and of course the JCW kit so he should have it within 3 weeks :cool:

Interestingly while chatting to Ian he said he'd just taken delivery of his new MINI and it's one of the first Pepper White JCW S :cool: Funnily enough just what I was 'thinking' about getting next so we had a nice little chat :evil::D

GAJ
9th January 2004, 12:48 AM
WILLIE - QUICK, HIDE THE CHEQUEBOOK!

Big Gordy
9th January 2004, 12:56 AM
And the VISA / SWITCH cards :eek: Iain at Menzies once told me that a lady came in and seeing the pepper white cooper put the whole lot there and then on her SWITCH card :eek: about 12 grands worth woohoo :p:D:approve:

Linda M
9th January 2004, 01:00 AM
There's no panic, won't be till next year so he's got plenty time to save :D:D:D

KenL
9th January 2004, 01:54 AM
Good news about Willie's car. I hope he's arranging another run soon to show it off :)

PW really is taking off, seen a few of them recently. I like it a lot, very classy :cool:

Fontal
9th January 2004, 02:04 AM
Lucky man can't wait to see it when I get down for a run in the future.

Wul
9th January 2004, 02:34 AM
I SWITCHED the balance of my MINI (circa £13k) - boy does that make you feel nervous! :D

Willie M
9th January 2004, 04:34 PM
WOOHOO !! :) Now the real wait begins :sleepy:
Oh, careful... steady... almost picked up on Ken L's hint of arranging another run ;) I think new MINI will make his/her/it's debut on Seany's St. Andrews Run. It'd be great to get up to Shetland and visit Uncle Fontal too ;):D

But really children, WHAT have I told you all before about encouraging Linda to spend? :eek::blackeye::mad: Please... for the sake of my sanity (and my overdraft) DON'T DO IT !! :evil:

GAJ
9th January 2004, 05:19 PM
I've not met many women that need encouragement to spend:(

Julz
9th January 2004, 07:55 PM
Excellent news Willie!!!:D

euan
9th January 2004, 08:20 PM
On the pepper white S - saw one this morning on my way to work. It had black stripes on it (white would not really work i guess :)) and the black and silver union jack flag on the roof. Looked very very smart indeed. It was the only other colour i would have considered when i got mine, but wasn't out at the time.

Burple
9th January 2004, 08:50 PM
quote:
Interestingly while chatting to Ian he said he'd just taken delivery of his new MINI and it's one of the first Pepper White JCW S :cool: Funnily enough just what I was 'thinking' about getting next so we had a nice little chat :evil::D

Don't want to burst the bubble... But Grassicks had one for weeks!! which I got a shot of for a thrash...ermm test drive ;);)

Fun fun Fun!!
And it looked just the same as my own wee baby!! :D

Unfortunately it's been sold now. So whoever it was... really.. you shouldn't have... What a thoughtful gift for me!!!!;):D:D:p:clown:

zimbo
12th January 2004, 12:04 AM
Whoaa.... Linda, (whispers)shhhh you dont want Daisy to hear whats in the pipeline do you, or she might start getting upset just like stouffer did!!! ;)

ELFMAN
14th January 2004, 01:16 AM
Willie, if you're all 'S'd up by St Andrews, you can trail along at the back with me. Running in - what a complete B*st*rd........

Pepper White (Black roof?) sounds good Linda. Now about the "Works" bits which might get mysteriously “stolen” just before you exchange the lovely Daisy. Can you give us any dates? Just want to get my alibi sorted out... (In a stripey shirt, wee mask and bag marked “Swag”, with a maniacal cackle, he crept off into the night).

Willie M
14th January 2004, 05:01 PM
Be happy to join you for the running in party Elfman :D

Well my new MINI has arrived at the dealers (WAHEY!!). Aerokit is due to get fitted today and then JCW kit is getting done Fri/Mon. One little aftermarket amendment to be completed after that and then, hopefully, I'll be picking him/her/it up towards the end of next week.

Haven't been in to see him/her/it yet but Linda's dropping some paperwork off for me today so she may get a sneak peek.

Gismo
14th January 2004, 06:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by Willie M

Aerokit is due to get fitted todayIs the aero kit a dealer fit option?? If so, what do they do with the old bumpers and skirts that you've paid for???

Bonnie Scotland

Fontal
14th January 2004, 07:12 PM
Get a hold of them and sell them on I may be interested in the skirts :)

Big Gordy
14th January 2004, 07:26 PM
You'll chase anything with a skirt won't you..............:p:D:approve:

Linda M
14th January 2004, 10:53 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Is the aero kit a dealer fit option?? If so, what do they do with the old bumpers and skirts that you've paid for???
Bonnie Scotland

It is a dealer fit Alan. We've never asked what happens to the bumpers and skirts they take off and if you think they are coming home here to clutter up my nice new house you've got another thought coming....they can keep them, worth money or not:clown::D

I was in dropping off the paper work but didn't get the chance to see Willie's car cos as my poor doggy decided to take an epileptic fit in the back of my Jeep so I had to get him home.
But I did get a glimpse of the lovley new JCW S Pepper white with areo kit and thick black viper stripes like Stouffs and it looked awesome :cool:

Fontal
15th January 2004, 01:27 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy

You'll chase anything with a skirt won't you..............:p:D:approve:

How did you know :p:D:p

Willie M
15th January 2004, 04:29 PM
Yeah. As Linda said, aerokit is a dealer fit option. The original bumpers and skirts are, of course, yours. I've been offered them on the two previous occasions we've had aerokits fitted but declined to keep them.

I've seen some folks on MINI2 trying to sell them on in the past, with very limited success.

As for cluttering up the house? Personally I think they'd look really smart in the living room :clown:

Wul
15th January 2004, 05:52 PM
As for cluttering up the house? Personally I think they'd look really smart in the living room :clown:

I'm sure i saw someone make a coffee table out of them on changing rooms!:p:evil:

Not that i watch that drivel of course!:I

Gismo
15th January 2004, 07:09 PM
You could arrange to have the rear bumper attached to the most prominent gable of your house so that passing motorists would think that a car had accidentally crashed into it :cool:
Do you think i should send in my suggestion to the VIZ team ;)

Bonnie Scotland

Willie M
15th January 2004, 09:18 PM
:D Aye, nice one Alan. 'Dear Top Tips... Fool your neighbours into believing that a MINI has crashed through the gable end of your house by, etc, etc..... :D

Big Gordy
15th January 2004, 09:35 PM
Did you see the couple on Grand Designs last night who had a mini with its roof chopped off as a desk :D It was quite coooooooooooool :p:D:approve:

Fontal
15th January 2004, 09:47 PM
I the one in the old water works, seen it on sky a while back, it looked awsome

Willie M
19th January 2004, 04:46 PM
Oh well, that's the Kahn's off of Stouffer and the 16" 5-stars back on. Bee sting also removed (ouch!) and standard wire back on. All being well I should collect the new baby this weekend :approve:

GAJ
19th January 2004, 05:20 PM
I bet you cannae wait!

Willie M
19th January 2004, 09:07 PM
You bet GAJ. I've been so busy lately (at work and at home) I've hardly had time to think about the car, but changing the wheels yesterday suddenly brought it all home. I'm kinda sad to see Stouffer go :(, but at the same time I'm starting to get exited about the new arrival.

zimbo
19th January 2004, 09:46 PM

I'm starting to get exited about the new arrival.

You LUCKY LUCKY man..... :p:p
I need a job like yours Willie :(

Ive just become a BIG TUMSHIE :D

Fontal
19th January 2004, 09:48 PM
Dont we all

Any body know of any good jobs going?

Wul
19th January 2004, 10:24 PM
Fontal - if you wait a few months - the PM's job should be up for grabs! ;)

Big Col
19th January 2004, 11:13 PM
<blinks> A politics gag...on NMS. Who'd have thunk it. ;)

Wul
19th January 2004, 11:16 PM
Heh Heh - thought that would happen ;):D

woody
20th January 2004, 09:20 AM
aright wul spoke to u up glenshee just tring to find out aboot the trip to st andrews?

Burple
20th January 2004, 09:29 AM
quote:Originally posted by woody

aright wul spoke to u up glenshee just tring to find out aboot the trip to st andrews?

Are you the guy that I maybe spoke to with the Red Mini in the Ski Hire place??
If you are... welcome aboard...
leave your sanity at the door and pick up a straight jacket...
If you ain't the same bloke...well... same applies!! :D:D:D:cool:;)

Gismo
20th January 2004, 09:47 AM
quote:Originally posted by woody

Woody, i answered your request in the St Andrews thread :)

Bonnie Scotland

Wul
20th January 2004, 06:34 PM
Hey woody! Can't remember speaking to you in particular on the Cullen run at Glenshee appologies sir <memory's not what it was!> anyways welcome along and it looks like the rest of the troops have sorted you out re St Andrews.