PDA

View Full Version : mcs mesh grill into mc

dundeered
24th November 2006, 12:40 AM
has anyone done this and if so how easy is this and approx costs involved , just dont like the chrome on black look

Wul
24th November 2006, 01:02 AM
Think you mean the Aero Kit Grille which isn't specific to the S - should fit - check ebay as they are usually on there - or your friendly dealer :)

This one:

http://www.northamericanmotoring.com/reviews/data/60/6517MM_aero1md-large.jpg

duncan
24th November 2006, 01:04 AM
Is the Standard R56 S grille is not black though, Wul?

midge
24th November 2006, 03:48 AM
I fitted the black mesh grill to the bonnet and the mesh strip just below it to the standard cooper S bumper. The bonnet grill is a 10min job, the one below it is a pain in the butt. The bottom grill requires alot of cutting and drilling and a bit of spray painting(if your car isn't black and you're a bit pernickety!) The two grills are around £50 for the two.

MartinSullivan
24th November 2006, 04:21 AM
I think he will be wanting the R56 grille as he is looking to order a new car for January delivery. Not sure if anyone has tried swopping the grills over yet, but Im sure someone could have a look for you.

dundeered
24th November 2006, 05:18 AM
yeah martin spot on , im not wanting the aero bumper and grill front end. all im wanting to do is do away with the chrome grill and have plain black mesh front on my soon to ordered mini cooper ( not cooper s).

Wul
24th November 2006, 04:31 PM
Doh - didnae ken he was after an R56!! :clown: