PDA

View Full Version : iPod Help Required

ny152
23rd November 2006, 03:58 AM
Bit of a newbie to the world of the iPod so hopefully someone can help.

Just bought a refurbished 30gig ipod video. If I want to drag and drop music from my pc without installing iTunes, what directory does it go into on the iPod?

sh@z
23rd November 2006, 04:22 AM
You need iTunes or something similar (google for iTunes replacements, or you can get a winamp plugin). iPods dont have a drag and drop feature as far as i know.

Craig
23rd November 2006, 05:39 AM
just bought Mrs D a nano and trying to download itunes and the pages just sits there.... is there some kinda flash plug in I need... It doesn't say anything about that or give me an error, but I've been waiting 10 minutes on the page loading.

it's not my internet connection 'cos other things are working fine ? ?

Scottie
23rd November 2006, 05:43 AM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

just bought Mrs D a nano and trying to download itunes and the pages just sits there.... is there some kinda flash plug in I need... It doesn't say anything about that or give me an error, but I've been waiting 10 minutes on the page loading.

that heppen to me when i was upgrading version. have you disabled norton and security stuff whatever you use

N12 JLK
23rd November 2006, 05:44 AM
Mr D, you mean you don't know:eek:

Craig
23rd November 2006, 05:47 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

that heppen to me when i was upgrading version. have you disabled norton and security stuff whatever you use

No I haven't, but surely a company as big as Apple can ensure the integrity of their downloads and allow me to download without switchin off all my security... :question:

Craig
23rd November 2006, 05:52 AM
tried that and still the same problem - anyone else ? ?

Scottie
23rd November 2006, 05:53 AM

quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

No I haven't, but surely a company as big as Apple can ensure the integrity of their downloads and allow me to download without switchin off all my security... :question:

well I don't know about these things and being a computer dummy I read through the ipod help stuff and read somewhere to disable them for the period of the upload done that and it worked.

ny152
23rd November 2006, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the advice. Pity, i was hoping you could just drag and drop.

Back it goes to Apple!

Burple
23rd November 2006, 06:47 PM

tried that and still the same problem - anyone else ? ?

not had the problem (downloaded the latest Itunes the other week)...
What browser are you using?
It's not giving you Pop Up warnings is it?
Or disabled cookies maybe?

Craig
23rd November 2006, 06:50 PM
think it was related to my ADSL modem router filtering certain downloads. Sorted now and downloaded iTunes last night...

still wrestling with wireless, but that's another story... only spent about 27 hours up til now on trying to get Jude's laptop working.. :disapprove:

Burple
23rd November 2006, 07:09 PM

think it was related to my ADSL modem router filtering certain downloads. Sorted now and downloaded iTunes last night...

still wrestling with wireless, but that's another story... only spent about 27 hours up til now on trying to get Jude's laptop working.. :disapprove:

At least you only have to do it for one! ;)
We're currently trying to roll out wireless over the whole Uni! :disapprove::blackeye:

Already dreading the hundreds of support calls from random students and staff alike who know nothing about it then call us when they've messed it up :(;):p

MartinSullivan
23rd November 2006, 07:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by Goldmini

Thanks for the advice. Pity, i was hoping you could just drag and drop.

Back it goes to Apple!

I use Anapod Explorer with my IPOD, it pretty much does let you drag and drop both onto the ipod and back off. It only costs about $25 to 30 dollars (depending what version you want) to register it to your ipod too. You can get it here (http://www.redchairsoftware.com/anapod/)