PDA

View Full Version : JCW 210 PRICES/Seats

ELFMAN
23rd November 2006, 01:55 AM
Just been quoted a frankly hilarious :D £4,014.00 by Douglas Park MINI in Hamilton to supply & fit the :cool: JCW 210 upgrade to G3 ELF. I asked them to go away and “reconsider” their offer. Which they are doing. It's listed in a MINI parts brochure from earlier this year as £2,999.00 or thereabouts plus Dealer fitting. Parks said it was £3,600.00 PLUS FITTING :dead:. B*ll*cks to that :mad:. This looks like VAT :blackeye: has been added...... which I thought was in the £3k parts price... then they've added Labour on top of all that.

Was also enquiring about JCW seats, and they quoted me (wait for it) £900.00+ PER SEAT!!!!:eek: This is your heated leather job, and I'm intereseted in the non-heated Cloth ones.

All clear as mud. Can anybody give me some info Re. what they paid for any of the above, as I reckon this lot think I was born yesterday 8). They obviously haven't seen my Werther's :I:p Do dealers just make this up as they go along? Does it vary from place to place? HELP :question:

Scottie
23rd November 2006, 01:57 AM
buy a new R56 S Turbo. you know you want to.;):p:D:kiss::kiss:

ELFMAN
23rd November 2006, 02:58 AM
I know it's the Pantomimime season so....“OH NO I DON'T!!!!” Wait till I get the Auld 'S' cranked up then they'll be shouting “Where's Scottiecoop?”
.....“SHE'S BEHIND YOU!!!!”

I'll stick with my Supercharger thank you very much. As they say “Turbos are fine, but it's more fun being Blown!”.

BigSwanMiniMan
23rd November 2006, 04:32 AM
ELFMAN, Give myself a call at Menzies Mini in stirling and i will help you out with your overpriced JCW 210 bhp problem.:eek::D:cool:

Call Chris Swan @ Menzies Mini on 01786 464559 tomorrow after 9:00am
Cheers BigSwanMiniMan.:D

Mon the fish
23rd November 2006, 04:42 AM
£3.5k fitted for the 210 kit I paid in Jan 05.

Im with you Elfman re R56, I'm sticking with my JCW 210, JCW brakes and JCW suspension :D

BigSwanMiniMan
23rd November 2006, 04:44 AM
mon the fish,
where did you get your kit from ????:D

ELFMAN
23rd November 2006, 05:48 AM
Cheers Chris, I'm eager to see what Douglas Park come back with. I'll give you a wee shout tomorrow if I get a minute (Voluntary Sector design & printing is MENTAL at this time of year). If you don't hear from me, it's 'cos I'm up to my neck in Christmas cards and Church Magazines! I will try to get you at some stage in the next couple of days.

I have a kosher MINI “Facts, Figures and Fun” brochure from April '06. This lists the JCW 210 as £2,999.00 INC. VAT, plus fitting - whereas DP said it was £3,600.00 plus fitting, seems they've added the VAT TWICE! Or they're charging a grand to fit the conversion. I told them I was looking at £3.5/£3.6K MAX. ALL IN - same as Mon paid for his. The same brochure lists the Seats as £970.00 for the non-heated Cloth and £1,180.00 for non-heated Leather - also states SEATS and not SEAT...... To quote £900.00 per seat as they did is just pure fantasy. If I was paying that for a seat, it'd have Kylie Minogue in it!!!!!

Gorbash12346
23rd November 2006, 06:20 AM
i believe a set of non heated full leather jcw seats cost the dealer around £630 each... and you don't know me ;)

as for the 210 kit i'm sorry but i don't know, should cost urself less anyway as you won't need the exhaust.. ;)

X30YES
23rd November 2006, 06:53 AM
quote:Originally posted by Gorbash12346

i believe a set of non heated full leather jcw seats cost the dealer around £630 each... and you don't know me ;)

as for the 210 kit i'm sorry but i don't know, should cost urself less anyway as you won't need the exhaust.. ;)
MAIL on its way ;)

ELFMAN
23rd November 2006, 07:46 AM
Cheers guys, appreciate the info & advice, hopefully I can now get this sorted without getting skinned in the process!!!

Gismo
23rd November 2006, 03:15 PM
There is/was a special offer of £3200 for the 210 JCW kit on Mini2 (http://www.mini2.com/forum/group-buys-mini2-special-offers/121563-special-offer-john-cooper-works-210bhp-works-kit.html)

BigSwanMiniMan
23rd November 2006, 06:43 PM
ELFMAN i have sent you an e-mail and i think you will agree it makes for very pleasurable reading.:approve::D

Gorbash12346
24th November 2006, 04:00 AM
bigswan... as in big swan the parts man??? if it is hows the new work?

BigSwanMiniMan
24th November 2006, 04:21 AM
The new work is not so bad. Gets me out the hoose for a while:p:D
whos askin anyway?:approve:

Gorbash12346
24th November 2006, 08:29 AM
well alright i seemed to be ur biggest source of entertainment at the parts counter and i hate football lol

ELFMAN
24th November 2006, 08:32 AM
Cetainly does, Chris, have Emailed you back, and will try to phone tomorrow (Friday).

Maybe G3 ELF's about to get a mechanical makeover - watch this space......(“Bat Out of Hell” plays in background.......)

Burple
24th November 2006, 08:38 AM
Aah, I love your mods euan :D

Just for the entertainment! :cool::D:D

Craig
24th November 2006, 04:28 PM
quote:Originally posted by ELFMAN

Cetainly does, Chris, have Emailed you back, and will try to phone tomorrow (Friday).

Maybe G3 ELF's about to get a mechanical makeover - watch this space......(“Bat Out of Hell” plays in background.......)

:eek::eek::eek:

imagine what noise will be coming out of that exhaust if you get the 210 upgrade !!

:approve::approve::approve::approve::approve::appr ove::approve::approve::approve::approve::approve:: approve:

ELFMAN
24th November 2006, 05:18 PM
Craig, it should be “interesting”. On my old Mini 1000, I tried to retain my 'big bore' system (with LCB Manifiold), but swapped to a 95BHP Big Valve 1275. It sounded like a Healey 3000 on Nitrous - but I had to end up fitting an RC40 System with the LCB which was good for power, but MUCH quieter on a long run. The big exhaust with the big engine was just TOO LOUD - even louder than my current set-up. No Cat, probably no baffles... aah, the things you put up with when you're young and in a Mini - or older and in a MINI. “Plus Ca Change, Plus C'est la meme chose”. As we say in Larkhall.

Burple
24th November 2006, 06:58 PM

Craig, it should be “interesting”. On my old Mini 1000, I tried to retain my 'big bore' system (with LCB Manifiold), but swapped to a 95BHP Big Valve 1275. It sounded like a Healey 3000 on Nitrous - but I had to end up fitting an RC40 System with the LCB which was good for power, but MUCH quieter on a long run. The big exhaust with the big engine was just TOO LOUD - even louder than my current set-up. No Cat, probably no baffles... aah, the things you put up with when you're young and in a Mini - or older and in a MINI. “Plus Ca Change, Plus C'est la meme chose”. As we say in Larkhall.

Aahh.. I remember well my second ever Mini <insert Scooby Doo wavy flashback sequence> large bore centre exit exhaust.. which fell apart on my way home one night...from just in front of the *only* <heh> 'silencer'... about 2' of pipe fell out.. never found it :D.. but the racket on the way home! :eek::eek::D:D

BigSwanMiniMan
24th November 2006, 07:10 PM
GPRBASH12346 ARE YOU BY ANY CHANCE A FAN OF "CANOEING" IF SO HOW YA DOIN YA BIG JESSIE!!!!!!!!!!!:p:D

Gorbash12346
25th November 2006, 03:45 AM
canoeing??? lol kayaking ye big git still can't affrod to do it... spend too much on my car and alcohol to go anymore :D

not too bad though definately not relishing the thought of working half 8 till 9pm mondat tuesday wednesday... for some reason it's been deemed necesary by ol' head honcho.... *COUGH*

BigSwanMiniMan
25th November 2006, 05:48 AM
GORBASH THATS WHY YOU ARE LOADED.:p:D KEEP UP THE HARD WORK OR "TAZ":eek::p WILL BE ON YOUR TAIL.:D:)

Mon the fish
27th November 2006, 03:13 AM
quote:Originally posted by BigSwanMiniMan

mon the fish,
where did you get your kit from ????:D

Got fitted at PDI at a dealer in the South of Eng***d

Brian_Cooper_S
29th November 2006, 06:30 AM

Just been quoted a frankly hilarious :D £4,014.00 by Douglas Park MINI in Hamilton to supply & fit the :cool: JCW 210 upgrade to G3 ELF. I asked them to go away and “reconsider” their offer. Which they are doing. It's listed in a MINI parts brochure from earlier this year as £2,999.00 or thereabouts plus Dealer fitting. Parks said it was £3,600.00 PLUS FITTING :dead:. B*ll*cks to that :mad:. This looks like VAT :blackeye: has been added...... which I thought was in the £3k parts price... then they've added Labour on top of all that.

Was also enquiring about JCW seats, and they quoted me (wait for it) £900.00+ PER SEAT!!!!:eek: This is your heated leather job, and I'm intereseted in the non-heated Cloth ones.

All clear as mud. Can anybody give me some info Re. what they paid for any of the above, as I reckon this lot think I was born yesterday 8). They obviously haven't seen my Werther's :I:p Do dealers just make this up as they go along? Does it vary from place to place? HELP :question:

Get in touch with b14yrr, he has just registered and is looking to swap his cloth non heated seats mate.

Tell him I sent you. The seats and car used to be mine and were mint when I sold them!

ELFMAN
29th November 2006, 08:49 PM
Cheers Brian, but seats now ordered! Appreciate your input though.

Eventually did deal with Douglas Park MINI, who matched Menzies prices and are literally 10mins from my house. HOWEVER.... I must point out to NMS members that Chris Swan from Menzies offered me a great deal straight from the off, with no messing about, whereas Park's initial quotes were just MINCE. I was all set to go to Menzies - Park's gave me the new prices when I took the car in for the Warranty/MOT work. Just shows you - never accept a first price even on work that you'd think was a 'standard' cost between Dealers!

Parks are being good at the moment with the Pre-Warranty-Expiry work (Steering Column, Track Rod End, Spotights - corroded mountings, Oxygen Sensor - hence Emissions Light on, Rear Washer Arm - which pees down the boot), with no quibbles, so I'm sticking with them. But Give Chris @ Menzies a shout if you want a 'No B.S.' quote. I promised to give him his due for his trouble! Fair's fair.

Hopefully I'll be all set for the 29th December Run. Needless to say, the Playmini Gear stays on, that Works Exhaust's far too refined. Everybody - bring your earplugs. Crombers and Marky C... just bring your ears!

Craig
30th November 2006, 04:11 AM

Cheers Brian, but seats now ordered! Appreciate your input though.

Eventually did deal with Douglas Park MINI, who matched Menzies prices and are literally 10mins from my house. HOWEVER.... I must point out to NMS members that Chris Swan from Menzies offered me a great deal straight from the off, with no messing about, whereas Park's initial quotes were just MINCE. I was all set to go to Menzies - Park's gave me the new prices when I took the car in for the Warranty/MOT work. Just shows you - never accept a first price even on work that you'd think was a 'standard' cost between Dealers!

Parks are being good at the moment with the Pre-Warranty-Expiry work (Steering Column, Track Rod End, Spotights - corroded mountings, Oxygen Sensor - hence Emissions Light on, Rear Washer Arm - which pees down the boot), with no quibbles, so I'm sticking with them. But Give Chris @ Menzies a shout if you want a 'No B.S.' quote. I promised to give him his due for his trouble! Fair's fair.

Hopefully I'll be all set for the 29th December Run. Needless to say, the Playmini Gear stays on, that Works Exhaust's far too refined. Everybody - bring your earplugs. Crombers and Marky C... just bring your ears!

glad you got it sorted Euan.... bring on the burble.. :approve::approve::approve:

Gorbash12346
30th November 2006, 07:54 AM
big chris no b.s. ... that'll be the day hehe. nehow yeah was keeping an eye on your car while it was in but didn't really need to it went to a good tech ;)

just watched him pull a mini engine out (big puddle anyone?) in the same amount of time it took me to remove an e46 windscreen

ELFMAN
30th November 2006, 05:36 PM
There are spies everywhere! The car will hopefully be back in on 10th Dec for the “Works” conversion.

BigSwanMiniMan
30th November 2006, 06:28 PM
Gorbash12346 AKA The Slayer of MINI's,:eek::p:D

AndyP & Lenore
30th November 2006, 06:46 PM

There are spies everywhere! The car will hopefully be back in on 10th Dec for the “Works” conversion.

Aw man, Euan! Thats gonna sound wicked. 210 Works with a full Play Mini.

Earplugs no longer optional.:D:D:D

A.:D

Scottie
30th November 2006, 11:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

Aw man, Euan! Thats gonna sound wicked. 210 Works with a full Play Mini.

Earplugs no longer optional.:D:D:D

A.:D

piff I'll blow him away in my:I oop's Allan's Cooper S turbo.:cool:;):p:kiss::kiss:

Gorbash12346
1st December 2006, 05:05 AM
oh... i wish i could afford to buy an s and fit that alta twurbo kit... twincharged.... :p

destroyer of mini's you say.... destroyer of ramps i say:I.. lol haven't broken a mini yet... (crosses fingers)

yeah saw your car in again for it's KDS though it was over at bentley for it as ours needs standard wheels.. (no mounting holes for the cameras on your minilites)

was fun having to cart the sandbags over for it... :dead:.. 6 25kg bags of sand and a load of smaller ones... thank **** for pallet lifters lol

ELFMAN
1st December 2006, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the hard work Gorby! One of my new spotlights is U/S tho - so that's needing sorted. Gerry in Service Dept. attending to it. I'm hoping you'll make sure the wee motor's well looked after when it's in for the Works Bits? Is there a 'Running In' period, or is it OK to go, as it's all 'Top End' work on the engine?

And what's this Fiona?
“I'll blow him away in Allan's Cooper S turbo”. Bring it on girl! You'll need Pampers. The Fear will come knockin' when the ELFMAN gets rockin'!

Gorbash12346
2nd December 2006, 10:51 PM
hehe i get payed for it what can i say...

yeah i think it was your kit that arrived on friday so yeah i'll keep an eye on it ;).... then not come back with the keys... lol

as it get's a new cylinder head with new cam etc i'd give it a little while before you really give it the right foot, to be honest it's something i'd do myself but i know how tempting it is to just give it the lead right foot.. (me just got my zs in may on the way back from livingston along the langwang (spelling?) road... it was just too tempting lol first time ever with the car and i was ****ing flying lol then afterwards i felt kinda guilty bout not running it in properly

so in answer to your question i'd say that if it was me i'd give it at least 500 miles ;)

ELFMAN
3rd December 2006, 05:29 AM
Cheers G. I'll try my best!

X30YES
3rd December 2006, 07:26 PM
"Is there a 'Running In' period, or is it OK to go, as it's all 'Top End' work on the engine?."Yes running in period id 1200 or 2500 miles I think, at various speeds and rev's...you'll get a cert and some info when you get the car back Euan ....the seats well that all to do with the size of your (_!_):D

hogg88
4th December 2006, 09:20 AM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

"Is there a 'Running In' period, or is it OK to go, as it's all 'Top End' work on the engine?."Yes running in period id 1200 or 2500 miles I think, at various speeds and rev's...you'll get a cert and some info when you get the car back Euan ....the seats well that all to do with the size of your (_!_):D

Yes the running in period was 1200 miles at no more than 4500 rpm if i remember rightly when i got mine done last year !! If you want i'll run the car in for you in a couple days ;)

ELFMAN
4th December 2006, 05:27 PM
No thanks Hogg, I'll handle it! However, I do feel a period of real frustration approaching... Still, might be a good thing on these greasy roads. I'll have to go the 'long way' to the shops now to put more miles on it.

Gorbash12346
5th December 2006, 04:06 AM
ach don't worry elfman we run the car in for you.... :evil: free of charge of course;) lol just kidding:D

Crombers
5th December 2006, 05:38 AM

Flippin magic bro :D

I'll be 1/2 Playminied by then & sometime early in the New Year I too will be 'full blown' just like the Elfmeister :p;)

Crombers
5th December 2006, 05:40 AM
The Fear will come knockin' when the ELFMAN gets rockin'!

Poetry I tell you , sheer poetry :approve:

ELFMAN
5th December 2006, 05:15 PM
Crombers - we can start a 'Playmini' Sub-Section! How's about “Days of Thunder”? Or maybe “Daze of Chunder”... once our Inner Ears are shot.

Gorbash - I'll thank you to keep your eyes on it and yer mitts off it! I'll be taking a note of the Mileage when it goes in! I'm wise to all these “Wee Road Test (at 7,000rpm)” tricks.

X30YES
6th December 2006, 01:23 AM
Talking about “Wee Road Test (at 7,000rpm)” ...give it here I'll run the damn thing in for you ...no probs at all :D:D:D, what you don't know,wont harm you, will it now .:p
ps ...what fun your going to have when it is run in tho ... :p;)

Gorbash12346
6th December 2006, 07:40 AM
ah but you see we can always do a mileage countback correction... (and if you believe that your sniffing something... :( )

Crombers
6th December 2006, 08:21 AM

Crombers - we can start a 'Playmini' Sub-Section! How's about “Days of Thunder”? Or maybe “Daze of Chunder”... once our Inner Ears are shot.

You'll hear us before you see us mate :p;):approve:

ELFMAN
15th December 2006, 08:04 AM
Check out the new sig......

Oh yes, it's done! My work(s) is complete! (runs off to sound of insane cackling...). See you on the 29th for the “Sound Off”.

Burple
15th December 2006, 08:50 AM
Nice one! :cool::cool:

you've GOT to be in front of me for a bit! :cool::D

Duncan Stewart
15th December 2006, 05:37 PM
Well done Euan! :D Bet you are pleased :cool:
My favourite Mini in NMS just got better :approve: :p

Craig
15th December 2006, 06:30 PM
WOOO HOOO (Homer Stylee!) :approve::approve::approve::approve::approve::appr ove:

it will sound awesome... can't wait to here it on the 29th... :D

ELFMAN
15th December 2006, 06:52 PM
It sounds THE BUSINESS - not unlike before, but a bit deeper and more 'serious' - and I haven't had it past 4 and a half grand yet......as the 210's all about mid-range and top-end, I reckon it'll do the trick.

I've been told by a colleague in the 'Mini Cooper Register' that this alleged 'running in' period of 1,200miles @ 4,500rpm is only for NEW engines (that's what I did with mine back when I got it). He had his JCW 210 fitted to his 3K engine at the Works Garage. The technician took him out for a post-fitting test run and said “if we hit 100mph by that road sign, it's a good one!”. He's now done 12.5K and it's going like a train - so looks like my running in's done! I hadn't heard of having to run in a Cylinder head before, usually block/pistons on a new engine. Any ideas on this before I go out and roast it?

stoney
15th December 2006, 07:12 PM
nice one elfman will look out for u about larkhall

Mon the fish
16th December 2006, 03:36 AM
Ach, just boot the ar*e off it... :p

Gorbash12346
17th December 2006, 09:30 PM
lol ok easy way of seeing what i meanif you go on piper or kent cams and look for their running in period it's quite important i'm not sure if it is so important on this kit though anyways you've done it now... enjoying it?? i was down in reading (training)while it was being done but the guy who did it is the same guy who did the previous warranty jobs never realised u where getting the seats too. fleebaying ur old seats?

anyway hope all goes well and if your not too chicken bring it down to crail on march the 18th to have a crack against my newest purchase/2nd car (ok it's a nova but hey it's gonna be close on power to weight :P)

stoney
17th December 2006, 11:57 PM
i may come and give u a run for ur money on that date ;) i will have the gtt manafold and de cat pipe in by then :)

ELFMAN
18th December 2006, 02:56 AM
I've had it out for a wee run and taken it up through the gears a couple of times, but not really roasted it yet - even if the running in period is for a new engine as opposed to the kit, it doesn't do any harm to back off for the first couple of hundred miles to get all the bits bedded in. It feels pretty strong, especially in mid-range and top-end when it heads for 7 grand with even more ease than before. It also sounds well serious.

Gorbash - I'm keeping the old seats in case I ever sell it - not everybody likes tight seats....but enough about Kylie.

Crail? What's this “Not too chicken”? I didn't spend over 3 grand to go drag racing, mate! I did enough of that in my mis-spent youth on the streets in my 1000 Mini (Oselli head etc), the same Mini but with 1275 Big Valve/Stage III engine, Nova SR, Nova GTE, two 106 XSi's and L.A.D. Tuned 106 GTI. Now that I've hit 44, I've got most of that “Race you” stuff out of my system. Life (and Clutch) preservation kicks in!

The 'S' is for me to enjoy on the open road, not to prove anything on or off it. Anyway, weight transfer and runflats aren't a good combo for low 1/4 mile times. No matter what you've got, there's ALWAYS somebody faster. Been there, got the T Shirt!

Gorbash12346
20th December 2006, 04:50 AM
yep i know theres always somebody faster... getting my *** handed to me by my friends new astra sri (the 2.2 non turbo version) was particularly embarrasing but then i spose i shouldn't have expected it to even be close as mines still just a 1.6 [:'(]

ah well thought i'd try anyway stone with any luck it will be relatively finished by then just need to try and get some cams in it so i can get a bit more out of redlining it.... (**** knows i'll need it trying to beat you lol)

Crombers
20th December 2006, 08:32 AM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

Nice one! :cool::cool:

you've GOT to be in front of me for a bit! :cool::D

Tart !!

:I:p;):D

hogg88
20th December 2006, 08:56 AM
Hi ELFMAN

The JCW certificate you get when upgrading an old engine should have on it what the run in period should be, as mine did when i upgraded the engine to the works.

Hope your enjoying it :D you need to get a convertible now so you can hear it even better. :D

ELFMAN
20th December 2006, 07:04 PM
Hogg88 - Yes, I read the Certificate, but as I mentioned above, I found it quite strange that it was exactly the same info as running in a brand new ENGINE - ie 'bottom end' bits like pistons etc. My mate from the Mini Cooper Register didn't seem to think this applied to fitting the kit to an already run-in engine, and that wasn't the info he got from the JCW Technician - who booted it on the post-fitting test run (see above).

I'm taking it fairly gently, and in the main, have kept it below 4,500 rpm, but I have buzzed it up to 6,000-ish a couple of times just to see how it goes... I'd like to get a definitive answer on this. The roads are so crappy just now that it's probably a good idea to back off a bit anyway.

A Convertible? With my exhaust I'd be DEAF! Drove to Dealer to pick up my old seats yesterday and had the back seats folded down - sounded like a 'Nascar' race/War was going on in the back!