PDA

View Full Version : Screen wash

OBN
22nd November 2006, 08:48 PM
I'm having to top up my washer bottles for the 1st time, does the Mini require any specific screen wash or will anything do.

I know VW's require their own special brand to stop the fan type jets clogging.

Burple
22nd November 2006, 09:00 PM
quote:Originally posted by OBN

Now that's just silly! :D:D

Anything will do for the Mini.. no need to pay greedy Dealers inflated prices.. :)

N12 JLK
23rd November 2006, 01:39 AM
Hope you enjoyed topping it up, you will need to do it much more often. The tank is tootsie!:mad:

ELFMAN
23rd November 2006, 03:23 AM
Best advice is to keep a BIG carton of Screen Wash (any type) in the car - as Jason says, the reservoir is too wee, especially in Winter with all all the salt and muck. I got caught out when I had my COOPER way back, and since then, I carry a spare 5 litre carton of the stuff. I have heated washer nozzles (oo-er missus!), but in really cold weather, the fluid STILL freezes in the pipes - so use at least 50/50 water/neat fluid, or you'll go blind!

Holts 'Screenies' aerosol foam stuff is great for taking grease etc off the windscreen at any time of the year.

Gorbash12346
23rd November 2006, 06:23 AM
wouldn't say nething specifics needed just make sure the water that goes in is free of any grit/ cr*p as cleaning the tank out is a mission

AndyP & Lenore
23rd November 2006, 07:17 AM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

quote:Originally posted by OBN

Now that's just silly! :D:D

Anything will do for the Mini.. no need to pay greedy Dealers inflated prices.. :)

I have heard scary stories of the pipes clogging with cheap supermarket screen wash.

We've always used Holts or some other brand name from hellfrauds. Never had any problems.

A.:D

Scottie
23rd November 2006, 07:31 AM
I always tend to use Shell Screen Wash:eek::eek: I know but after much research it's the best.;)

ready mixed the blue one for the Winter and the Pink for the summer.

However the pink (summer) is not easy to get on the forecourts here in the UK.

The shell station over from Menzies sell the blue (winter) one.

Go try it out it's good.

Scottie
27th November 2006, 07:12 AM
I've tried and tried to search the internet for

Magic Tree Screen wash anyone know where I could get the stuff.

james f
27th November 2006, 08:10 AM
the auto glyn stuff is supposed to be amazing but ive never seen it anywhere and usualy just put any old crap in but i do flush the washer tank and pipes wity hot water every month esp in the winter