PDA

View Full Version : Air Cleaner Mounting Bracket

ianking
22nd November 2006, 07:19 AM
hi folks

I have removed the dirty K&N that was fitted to my 2000 (W) cooper by the previous owner as I want to put the original pancake style back in. I managed to get the black plastic box on e-bay and got a filter from the local car shop but I have just realised that the mounting bracket is missing. I had to consult the old haynes manual to see if a part was missing. The part in question is shown on page 4C.5 fig 12.4A from the late edition book
Does any body know where I can get one of these ASAP as im going to take the car on a run on Sunday.
thanks

broken_brian
22nd November 2006, 08:09 AM
The mounting point is on the throttle body and all you need are 3 long screws to hold the airbox on if i remember correctly.

If it isnt then your best bet is to go round to a few scrappys to see if they have any

ianking
22nd November 2006, 06:01 PM
Definately need the mounting bracket as the bracket screws on to the head and the filter housing long screws go into the bracket.
No breakers round here have any late classics for breaking.
I was wondering if any person knows who is selling the gen rover spares.

ianking
23rd November 2006, 08:58 PM
Just been on to a breaker in the borders and he has a 95 M reg car for breaking. I know the air filter box will be different but will the mounting bracket be the same. ???

Gismo
23rd November 2006, 09:02 PM
Sorry, can't help you're dilemma, but, have you considered asking on the mini clan site, also, there is at least one guy with work shop premises that i'm sure you could visit from there :)

His buisness is called McDonald Mini's (http://www.mcdonald-minis.co.uk/)