PDA

View Full Version : Club Feature in Modern MINI Magazine

Foxy Mini
21st November 2006, 08:10 AM
Congratulations to all involved with the club, you have been chosen to feature as 'Club of the Month' in the next issue of Modern MINI Magazine. :D

Now then, I need some info from all of you members of the club, the people that make it what it is and keep it going. :approve:

If you could all reply to the following questions, and add anything else you think should go in too, along with your real name (including surname) :D

How long have you been a member?

How long have you owned your MINI?

What is your most memorable moment with the club?

What is the BEST thing about your club?

What events do you attend?

Which is your favourite event and why?

Other Comments/anything else you can think of?

Cheers,

Nicci

Scottie
21st November 2006, 08:35 AM

How long have you been a member? APRIL 2004

How long have you owned your MINI? BUYING A NEW R56 COOPERWhat is your most memorable moment with the club? TO MANY TO MENTION

What is the BEST thing about your club? THE BANTER AND FRIENDSHIP

What events do you attend? MOST

Which is your favourite event and why? ENJOY ALL EVENTS FOR THE BANTER DRIVING AND BEEN ON SOME AMAZING ROADS

ianking
21st November 2006, 05:42 PM

How long have you been a member? Since Oct 2003

How long have you owned your MINI? owned a handfull of new mini's since Nov 2002

What is your most memorable moment with the club? My 1st run with them, Hadrians Wall 2003

What is the BEST thing about your club? Good banter and there is always someone able to help or give advice

What events do you attend? As many as I can manage

Which is your favourite event and why? I enjoyed the recent manky thrash as it was a really fast run

Other Comments/anything else you can think of? This is a really good friendly club open to folks of all ages, all are made welcome

gill
21st November 2006, 06:32 PM

How long have you been a member? 18 months

How long have you owned your MINI? 18 months

What is your most memorable moment with the club? Our first run - Argyll & Bute 2005

What is the BEST thing about your club? New friends and great chat!

What events do you attend? The runs, meals, static events

Which is your favourite event and why? Favourite run probably Argyll & Bute - just can't beat the scenery!!!

Other Comments/anything else you can think of? Really enjoy being part of the club. Has been great for our wee family as we all enjoy all the events!

ajamesj
21st November 2006, 07:08 PM

How long have you been a member? 12 months

How long have you owned your MINI? 9 months

What is your most memorable moment with the club? Our first run - Bunker run 2006

What is the BEST thing about your club? Meeting alot of great friendly people

What events do you attend? as many as I can

Which is your favourite event and why? Favourite run Bunker run seeing a convoy of 26 Minis crossing the Forth road bridge.

Other Comments/anything else you can think of? Really enjoy being part of the club.Just wish I could get more Sundays off work to join in more.

X30YES
21st November 2006, 07:14 PM

How long have you been a member? March 2004

How long have you owned your MINI? From the begining

What is your most memorable moment with the club? Jonh's Cullen Run 2004
What is the BEST thing about your club? The Banter and depth of knowlage to Tech questions,
What events do you attend? Most

Which is your favourite event and why? Arbroath Seafront Spectacular, its more of a show day ,get together and family day out..with 60 cars 2006
Other Comments/anything else you can think of? Minisrus !!

Crombers
21st November 2006, 10:21 PM
Allan Crombie

March 2004

June 2004

Cullen 2005. The drive , the roads , the scenery & oh aye , the banter were all superb

Simple , MINI's :approve:.

As many as possible

Mothership (Oxford) Runs 2005 & 2006.
15 plus MINI's in convoy on the M6. Beat that :cool:. The looks you get from other drivers are brilliant. Never waved so much in all my life :approve:

On a recent forum a new member noted that compared to other Owner Clubs , NMS was in a league of it's own. I think the sheer number of events that take place speak volumes

Burple
22nd November 2006, 12:13 AM
Congratulations to all involved with the club, you have been chosen to feature as 'Club of the Month' in the next issue of Modern MINI Magazine.

Now then, I need some info from all of you members of the club, the people that make it what it is and keep it going.

If you could all reply to the following questions, and add anything else you think should go in too, along with your real name (including surname) :D

How long have you been a member? since July 2003

How long have you owned your MINI? The current one... 11 months

What is your most memorable moment with the club? Cullen Run 2003 - My first event

What is the BEST thing about your club? Oh.. the Banter! :D

What events do you attend? as many as possible

Which is your favourite event and why? Cullen Ice cream Run 2004 - 60 plus Minis & Scotlands finest roads, that's why! :D

Other Comments/anything else you can think of? Anything else is just TRAFFIC! :D (every car I've ever owned has been Mini shaped in some form or other - Clubman, Pickup, Mini, New Mini)

stoney
22nd November 2006, 02:48 AM
along with your real name (including surname) :D

How long have you been a member? 1 year

How long have you owned your MINI? this one 6 months last one 1 1/2 years

What is your most memorable moment with the club? going 2 the oxford plant last year

What is the BEST thing about your club? the pepople and the runns around scotland

What events do you attend? all that i can

Which is your favourite event and why? i like it all the runs are fun and the pub meets gives us all time for a chat and lafe

we have some of the best roads in the uk 2 drive around so we make the most of it the people are so welcomeing and fun

Craig
22nd November 2006, 03:37 AM

How long have you been a member? - 3 Years

How long have you owned your MINI? - Current one, 15 months, NEW R56 'S' on the way!

What is your most memorable moment with the club? - Getting 16 cars from Scotland to Oxford for the Plant Tour without incident and everyone had fun. :D

What is the BEST thing about your club? - The friendly banter and the fact that everyone goes out of their way to help you with any problem.

What events do you attend? - as many as I can, even the ones I organise.. ;)

Which is your favourite event and why? - has to be the Argyle and Bute run for the scenery alone (and it got us in Modern MINI !)

Other Comments/anything else you can think of? - The club is very social and this allows people to meet up even just for non mini related things (meals/go-karting/movies etc..)

N12 JLK
22nd November 2006, 03:59 AM

How long have you been a member? May 05

How long have you owned your MINI? 1 1/2 years. Laser Blue R56 on the way. Should be here for Santa coming

What is your most memorable moment with the club? Seeing new MINI's being born at the Oxford factory

What is the BEST thing about your club? The people, sharing ideas for mod's

What events do you attend? Most, if not, all!

Which is your favourite event and why? Argyll and Bute run, great scenery and usually nice weather

OBN
22nd November 2006, 04:09 AM

How long have you been a member? Since August '06

How long have you owned your MINI? Just over a month

What is your most memorable moment with the club? The Mini illuminations in the car park at Mini Meats 7

What is the BEST thing about your club? The help and advice you can gather from everyone on the Forum, not to mention the bargains

What events do you attend? Only been to 1 so far, but looking forward to more in the future.

Which is your favourite event and why? Has to be Mini Meats 7 since its the only one I've be to.

Other Comments/anything else you can think of? The variety of people in the club is brilliant, great bunch of people.

duncan
22nd November 2006, 05:18 AM

How long have you been a member? March 2003

How long have you owned your MINI? Current Cooper 1st March 05, Previous One March/April 02

What is your most memorable moment with the club? Going to the Oxford plant - then taking the Coooper for a wee spin to the Swiss Alps afterwards

What is the BEST thing about your club? The tea lady that appears on some runs with a chuckwagon!

What events do you attend? Most, Unless Dundee United are at home

Which is your favourite event and why? The First Borders run, in 2003. Fantasic roads, splashing through a Ford. And getting lost.

Other Comments? There is no such thing as too much chocolate

Gordons_cooper_wrks
22nd November 2006, 05:32 AM

How long have you been a member? 11 Months

How long have you owned your MINI? 11 Months

What is your most memorable moment with the club? Hearts of the borders 2006 ( My first proper run)

What is the BEST thing about your club? The people and the runs

What events do you attend? As many of the runs as i can

Which is your favourite event and why? Manky thrash. It was a great run, great pace and great roads

Other Comments/anything else you can think of? Why drive anything else!!!!!!!!!!!

broken_brian
22nd November 2006, 08:02 AM

How long have you been a member? Oct 2003

How long have you owned your MINI? Not got a new one yet but i have a classic

What is your most memorable moment with the club? Being the first classic on a run and showing the rest how to go round corners

What is the BEST thing about your club? Having a good laugh

What events do you attend? Not many as my mini is off the road :(

Which is your favourite event and why? Run to the mothership 2 as it was fun on the way down and interesting to see them being built

Other Comments/anything else you can think of? Nope it's that good

Neil and Lorna
22nd November 2006, 08:49 AM

How long have you been a member? Since February 04

How long have you owned your MINI? First MINI Cooper s November 03 to March 05. Current MINI JCW Cooper s since March 05, still loving it.

What is your most memorable moment with the club? Every event has left us with many memories, to many to single out any particular one.

What is the BEST thing about your club? The uniqueness of individual members ourselves included giving up some time and effort to organise runs / events. Also all the like minded people we've met over the last couple of years.

What events do you attend? As many as possible.

Which is your favourite event and why? All of them have given us great days out.

Other Comments/anything else you can think of? Bring on the twisties

AndyP & Lenore
23rd November 2006, 12:32 AM

How long have you been a member? Since February 2004

How long have you owned your MINI? Cooper CVT from December 03 to March 05 - Auto Cooper S from March 05 to present

What is your most memorable moment with the club? 16 MINI Convoy down the M6 to the Oxford Plant. Surreal!

What is the BEST thing about your club? The camaraderie, banter, advice, and all-round friendliness of all members.

What events do you attend? As many as we can - the MINI Meats social evenings are particularly good fun.

Which is your favourite event and why? Heart Of The Borders Run - Every August.

Other Comments/anything else you can think of? Jump right in - the waters warm!

jayex
23rd November 2006, 01:46 AM

How long have you been a member? Sep 2005 - late starter , whish i had found the site sooner tho

How long have you owned your MINI? Got my first Mini in 1987 ( it was a 1972 cooper - which was the same age as me !) first BMW Mini in 2002 and had current Cooper s since Aug 2005

What is your most memorable moment with the club? prob my first run which was the Holy island run Oct 05 - wasnt sure what to expect , everyone made me feel really welcome and i was hooked!

What is the BEST thing about your club? it's great to meet others so into thier Mini's - you always get great info and advice on anything Mini

What events do you attend? as many as poss

Which is your favourite event and why? Heart of the borders run - great roads - spirited driving

Other Comments/anything else you can think of? Mini Mini Mini

Burple
23rd November 2006, 07:01 PM
quote:Originally posted by jayex
Other Comments/anything else you can think of? Mini Mini Mini

Lol.. Is that like Badger badger badger badger..?

:D:D:D

monkimagic
23rd November 2006, 07:18 PM

How long have you been a member? Oct03

How long have you owned your MINI? Oct03

What is your most memorable moment with the club? How I was welcomed

What is the BEST thing about your club? The good manners and how no one judges. Proper advice that makes a difference.

What events do you attend? Some, not enough though

Which is your favourite event and why? Arbroath, it was unique and was organised by a site member, we had the RAF, Red Arrows, Russ Swift and nearly 100 Minis

Other Comments/anything else you can think of? The site is free, everyone who works on it, Mods & Admin do it from commitment. they are fair and descreet.

Duncan Stewart
24th November 2006, 11:13 PM

How long have you been a member? Since Aug 2003

How long have you owned your MINI? Black Cooper March 03 to May 05, Red Cooper May 05 to present

What is your most memorable moment with the club? So many things! The Cullen ice cream run 2004 when we visted the Mackies Ice cream factory and drove throught the cow shed is a definite highlight :D

What is the BEST thing about your club? The best thing is the fact it is internet based - that way folk from all over Scotland can take part and you can keep up with club going ons anytime you like

What events do you attend? As many as possible

Which is your favourite event and why? The runs are the best events - there is nothing better than whizzing throught the Scottish countryside in a convoy of Minis, but all the club events I have attended have been great fun

A great bunch of people, folk willing & able to arrange events, willing & friendly people to take part, and the lack of formal organisation (and hence politics!) make this club succeed

T6 KFR
25th November 2006, 02:35 AM
How long have you been a member? Since July 2005

How long have you owned your MINI? 1.5 years

What is your most memorable moment with the club? When i took my mini on the figure of 8 track day...and cut some grass too;)

What is the BEST thing about your club? Having a laugh with great folks that have the same interest as me...MINI's!!!!

What events do you attend? Not as many as I would like to

Which is your favourite event and why? They are all good!

Thanks to the members who help me out with any advise I need , and will of course help them when i can

hogg88
25th November 2006, 07:15 AM

How long have you been a member? 2 Years

How long have you owned your MINI? Have had my 2nd "S" convertible for 3 months now.

What is your most memorable moment with the club? Having a queue of Italian school girls waiting to get there picture taken in my Mini:D

What is the BEST thing about your club? Getting queue's of Italian school girls waiting to get there picture taken in my Mini:D

What events do you attend? Any that have a queue of Italian school girls waiting to get there picture taken in my Mini

Which is your favourite event and why? All of them as long as i can get my top down

Other Comments/anything else you can think of? Once a Mini owner, always a Mini owner;)

Lynsey
25th November 2006, 07:26 AM

How long have you been a member? One year

How long have you owned your MINI? First Mini 2.5 yrs, current Mini 1 yr.

What is your most memorable moment with the club? The willingness of members to come along to a photoshoot for another website and magazine.

What is the BEST thing about your club? You can always get advice and opinions when required, to keep everyone involved.

What events do you attend? None unfortunately, due to work!

Other Comments/anything else you can think of? Big up the MINI!!!!

Sheilz
25th November 2006, 09:54 AM

How long have you been a member? Since April 2004

How long have you owned your MINI? Current model 2.5yrs

What is your most memorable moment with the club? Arbroath Seafront Spectacular in July 2004 when all the minis drove through the town. The welcome from the public was brilliant. Was a great fun day for the whole family though a trifle wet!

What is the BEST thing about your club? The people. Members come from such varied backgrounds, male, female, has its fair share of old codgers (BS, John, X30YES)that happily give help and advice to us young 'uns (smirk)

What events do you attend? Just what takes my fancy and fits in with personal commitments.

Which is your favourite event and why? The ones that allows me to get home with all four wheels firmly attached to the car!

:approve:

weefossy
27th November 2006, 06:30 AM
Malcolm & Sioban Foster (Mom & Dad)

Since 2003

Got my first mini in 1971. It was built in 1960 and was called an "Austin Seven", a real heap. Sioban got her Cooper S in 1997
First New Mini was a red Cooper, bought in 2002. 4 Minis' later we have a Works Convertible bought last year.

"Cheeky Kilts" at the Mini Plant in Oxford.

The people, they are all "Mini Nuts"

As many as possible

Really enjoyed the "Border runs" and Arbroath 2004 when it was Neil's 21st (Oor wee boy)

A great bunch of people who have some great banter on the forums and at runs, who all love to drive fast, when conditions allow.

Foxy Mini
29th November 2006, 08:51 AM
Great stuff guys, keep it coming!

GP 1536
30th November 2006, 02:23 AM
Look forward to seeing you all in it ! :)

weefossy
30th November 2006, 05:39 AM
Foxy Mini, are you guys in need of any pictures? If so what format do you need them in?

Foxy Mini
30th November 2006, 06:14 AM
quote:Originally posted by weefossy

Foxy Mini, are you guys in need of any pictures? If so what format do you need them in?

Yeah you can send photo's hun. JPG is fine, as long as it's at least 800k to be safe.

Send them to mm.clubs@kelsey.co.uk

Coop
1st December 2006, 05:39 AM

How long have you been a member? 6 mnoths

How long have you owned your MINI? 6 months 1 day =)

What is your most memorable moment with the club? Abroath this summer - fantastic driving in the convoy of about 50 cars and meeting everyone.

What is the BEST thing about your club? The friendliness - no one is out to prove that they're the best.

What events do you attend? Not very many due to work. =(

Which is your favourite event and why? Arbroath - convoy!

Other Comments/anything else you can think of? :D

stoney
1st December 2006, 05:28 PM
some photos sent 2 u foxy !!!

Foxy Mini
3rd December 2006, 09:12 AM
Do you guys have a club logo at all?

X30YES
3rd December 2006, 06:57 PM
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h124/ab2pcs/new_montage.jpg

You could use this one !! or this below

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h124/ab2pcs/forum_title.gif

Foxy Mini
7th December 2006, 04:52 AM
Thanks hun, will be writing article tomorrow :D

ELFMAN
8th December 2006, 01:31 AM
TOO LATE FOR THE ARTICLE, I'LL BET!! sorry.

How long have you been a member? 3 Years

How long have you owned your MINI? Cooper 2001-Dec 2003, 'S' Dec 03 - Present

Probably the run To Oxford Factory, but every event has its memories.

1. THE PEOPLE
2. THE MINIS and the places we take them to.

Runs and “Meats” (Social/Eating nights).

Any Summertime Run! 'Cos the roads are cleaner and grippier, and you get to stay out late! Sometimes it's even dry, so you don't have to spend hours cleaning the car afterwards.... Winter ones are good too, only MUCH dirtier, but not in a good way.

If you're not in NMS, you're only enjoying your MINI half as much as you could be.....