PDA

View Full Version : www.cardata.co.uk

sleepyrascal
17th November 2006, 07:49 AM
UPDATE: Car data.co.uk and all the other agencies are a complete waste of time. I had faith and I was so wrong! They do nothing but hassle you and you get nothing in return! Don't bother with any of them, no matter how good they make it sound!!

So im selling my MINI. I had agreed a price with a chap down south but he was struggling to get a flight cheap enough to get here. Another guy was keen but then tonight I got a call from a chap who works for cardata.co.uk.

Basically cardata match up people looking for a particular car to someone selling that particular car privately. Cardata guarentee to sell my car for 200 pounds over what I asked for it and he expected to have it sold within one week as he has a few people interested already. The reason he expects to get me extra cash for the car is that the buyer gets a full warranty and finance from cardata. All this is free for me!

The buyer then pays cardata and cardata pay me before I release the car.

They xdont give out my address, only my mob number and name.

I'll let you know how it goes.

OBN
17th November 2006, 08:16 AM
Sounds like something you hear about on Watchdog, proceed with caution

AndyP & Lenore
17th November 2006, 09:43 AM
Someone smell something?

I'd say to the Cardata guy that as he guarantee's to sell the car for £200 more than what you are asking for, and within the week, that in 8 days time you'll send him an invoice for the full amount. On receipt of his payment, you'll post off the keys and a not of the location of the car.

We tried to sell a previous car and we got tonnes of phone calls from companies like this. Admittedly, they all wanted £80 ish from us to "guarantee a sale within the week for the full amount". Although you say Cardata is offering these services for free, a quick look at their web site shows that to market your car with them (which is effectively what you are doing), cost £80!

Proceed with care.

All IMHO.

A.:D

Craig
17th November 2006, 05:08 PM
I agree - BEWARE...!

there has been a lot in the press about these agencies, which is really all they are.. You pay them and they try and find a buyer for you... I know the guy says there is no charge, but if you can look at the small print, I would as it probably says somewhere that you pay them from the money given by the person they find...

I would sell locally through the normal channels...local paper..autotrader etc etc..

sleepyrascal
17th November 2006, 06:06 PM
I'm not scared of these things really. Yes theres an 80 quid charge but you get it back if the person takes out finance which of course, they will otherwise why would they be using car data .co.uk.

At the end of the day, it makes the car more attractive to buyers and if i dont get the extra 100 quid he talked about, i'll still get more then the offers ive had so far.

i initially thought it was dodgey and i told the guy id think about it. But i went to the site,. read all the t&c's and couldnt see any problem.

I'll keep you posted.

Julz
17th November 2006, 09:49 PM
Been there, done that, total waste of time and £80, don't get your hopes up!!:(:(

Mini Ecosse
17th November 2006, 10:39 PM
We folks in west coast are very wary of people bearing gifts!!!

sleepyrascal
17th November 2006, 10:49 PM
Someone must have a good story about them!!! They sell thousands of cars so somebody must get a result!! I will reserve judgement until this time next week..... lol

john
17th November 2006, 11:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

Someone must have a good story about them!!! They sell thousands of cars so somebody must get a result!! I will reserve judgement until this time next week..... lol

Do you know of anyone??:question:

sleepyrascal
18th November 2006, 07:19 PM
quote:Originally posted by john

quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

Do you know of anyone??:question:

nope :disapprove:

AndyP & Lenore
19th November 2006, 03:45 AM
Thats the thing. They may have thousands of cars on thier site, but do they sell any? It seems to me is all it adds up to is lots and lots of £80's. And no sales.

A.