PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

sh@z
20th March 2003, 08:54 AM
Hi all, i somehow found my way to the forum and am glad to be here heh. Didnt know there was this much mini interest in bonnie scotland :D

I just took delivery of my Cosmos Black mini 3 weeks ago and relishing every mile im doing in it.

Tho i dont get to drive much due to university and things, but now on easter so i will do a few country runs and even pop up north with it :D

1 thing you guys may be able to help me with though. I am puttin it in on fri/sat to get the full aero kit + roof spoiler and white light kits... 1 question, do any of you know if the auxilliary driving lights look good with this combination, they look v nice on red in one of the links on another post in the forum, but not so sure how they are with the black. (any links to pictures would be awesome)

anyhow i hope to spend a lot more time around here and great forum :D

sh@z

john
20th March 2003, 09:06 AM
Welcome SH@Z in answer to your question,its all a matter of personal taste,but so long as you like it they way you cjhoose then thats fine by everyone here.ENJOYMENT is what its all about.

where about are you from (i,m in Aberdeen)

And have you looked at the Gallery pages??

Willie has the Blue cooper with aero kit and I have the silver/black cooper on the grass :)

sh@z
20th March 2003, 09:11 AM
im in edinburgh

yeah those are either a love/hate item... im just not sure tbh

guess ill get the kit now and hold off for those lights :)

Willie M
20th March 2003, 04:47 PM
Welcome to New Mini Scotland Sh@z :) Great to hear you're enjoying your new MINI (as if you could do anything but enjoy it) :cool:
Hope to see you round here as a regular and it'd be great to see you on one of our meets or events soon, you would be made more than welcome. Check out the events section of the site or the MINI meets thread to see what's going on :cool:

KenL
20th March 2003, 05:36 PM
Hello Sh@z. I'm in Edinburgh too. You should be easy to spot in your aero-kitted MINI which will look fantastic.

As to the driving lights, I think they look great on all MINIs.

Monsta Mo Mini
20th March 2003, 06:02 PM
I'm in Edinburgh too - I think everyone else has said what needs said. Be sure to check out the events section, there's a run coming up in 6th April. What part of town are you in? I'm at the top of Leith Walk, mines is the red cooper with white bonnet stripes in the gallery

Gismo
20th March 2003, 06:10 PM
Welcome sh@z, with ref to the driving lights i'm sure they would look ok, especially if you got the covers, they are black and would keep the look going.

I'm sure Linda M will be dropping in soon, never works, just a lady of leisure and money to burn :evil: she will advise part number etc for the covers.

There is a pic somewhere, but so far i can't find it, i'll be back :clown:

Bonnie Scotland

Wul
20th March 2003, 06:28 PM
Bingo!

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/ravensaxo/0011.jpg

Check out ravensaxo's gallery here:

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/index.php?gallery=ravensaxo

It is a cooper, but he's switched the front grill.

Sorry Alan:p

Wul
20th March 2003, 06:31 PM
BTW Sh@z welcome - i'm a fellow Cosmos Black Cooper in Auld Reekie - mines the one in the gallery with the wedding tackle on - taken it off now though - couldn't handle the additional staring i was getting!! ;)

You will see me regularly around the slateford area and tearing up and down the city bypass - traffic permitting! Will keep me peepers peeled for you - not many of us about so far - which is nice!

sh@z
20th March 2003, 09:53 PM
quote:Hello Sh@z. I'm in Edinburgh too. You should be easy to spot in your aero-kitted MINI which will look fantastic.

As to the driving lights, I think they look great on all MINIs.

Hi mate, nice to see a good following from edinburgh :), yeah im considering the driving lamps atm.

quote:I'm in Edinburgh too - I think everyone else has said what needs said. Be sure to check out the events section, there's a run coming up in 6th April. What part of town are you in? I'm at the top of Leith Walk, mines is the red cooper with white bonnet stripes in the gallery

Hi mate, yeah im in Newington, near Cameron Toll and Kings Buildings..

As for the meet i would love to, but I have exams also when i go back to uni, but heck its only a day :D

Cheers for the links Wul and thanks for looking Bonnie Scotland.

quote:BTW Sh@z welcome - i'm a fellow Cosmos Black Cooper in Auld Reekie - mines the one in the gallery with the wedding tackle on - taken it off now though - couldn't handle the additional staring i was getting!! ;)

You will see me regularly around the slateford area and tearing up and down the city bypass - traffic permitting! Will keep me peepers peeled for you - not many of us about so far - which is nice!

Would be nice :D

Thanks for the warm welcome guys and yeah i will be a regular :D

Linda M
20th March 2003, 09:55 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Welcome sh@z, with ref to the driving lights i'm sure they would look ok, especially if you got the covers, they are black and would keep the look going.
I'm sure Linda M will be dropping in soon, never works, just a lady of leisure and money to burn :evil: she will advise part number etc for the covers.
Yeah, yeah, I wish !!!!
Welcome Sh@z, you can see the covers on the link below.
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/index.php?gallery=Linda%20M

sh@z
21st March 2003, 02:40 AM
heh thanks for the link Linda... looks pretty good ...

I booked my mini in today to get stuff fitted and its going in a week tomorrow, cant wait :D, will get it back the same day so alls good. Im not gettin the Driving lights atm as im still not sure about them, nor the mesh grilled (keeping the bling bling :D).

Thanks for all the advice guys :D