PDA

View Full Version : Help Speccin' a Cooper!

KenL
14th November 2006, 06:32 AM
OK, "if" I were to drive an R56, liked it and wanted to order a Cooper what do people think is the way to go regarding options?

I'm looking at getting a decent return when I trade it so do not want any fancy stuff like SatNav which is not of much use to me or any worthless options. Wheels no bigger than 16" either!

Colour I am set on is red/black :cool:

Is chilli a neccessity or should I just go for a bog standard car or perhaps Pepper pack?

So, please give me your thoughts on what you consider would give the best value, yet nice to own MINI:)

Wul
14th November 2006, 06:37 AM
Hey Ken!

When you add up the individual cost compared to the Chilli pack cost it's better value - and it does add some "nice" touches to the MINI - not seen the packs for the R56.

If not going for the Chilli pack i'd say the interior lights, sports seats (non leather), trip computer, MFSW are a minimum - also check the stereo options as it seems to be more difficult to replace with a non-standard as the buttons are in the speedo. Also the heated mirrors are good - but should not be an extra IMHO!

OBN
14th November 2006, 07:17 AM
I agree with Wul, Chili pack, and heated mirrors. MFSW is a bargain when u consider it gives you cruise control

euan
14th November 2006, 07:20 AM
I might spec an ipod interface over a CD player, but apart from that I'd go with what Wul and OBN have said. So, chilli, MFSW, heated mirrors. Oh, and some stripes ;)

Scottie
14th November 2006, 08:02 AM
I would go for the Chilli pack as I reckon you will retain more of the value when it comes time to sell.

If you can afford the visibily pack fine if not get the heated washer jets/mirrors.

Colour line is something to think about more for you though than holding any vlaue but at £90 it's not a lot to loose and may help you enjoy the car even more.

Standard Hi-fi unless you are really into listening to music in the car the ipod connector don't know about that as I find myself more and more going back to my CD's.

that's about it I reckon