PDA

View Full Version : Online DVD rental

euan
14th November 2006, 03:56 AM
Does anyone use any of the online DVD rental places?

Wondered what your experience was like - we got given a trial with WH Smith (it's actually Love Film) and it's pretty good, couple of duff films with scratches (one was completely bu**ered) but nothing you don't get from blockbuster.

Tempted to keep it going when the trial runs out, so who do you use and is it any good!

(I don't expect a certain forum memeber to be contributing in this thread, he'll be going on about how we should all be in his cinema ;)) kidding!

AndyP & Lenore
14th November 2006, 04:03 AM
quote:Originally posted by euan

Does anyone use any of the online DVD rental places?

Wondered what your experience was like - we got given a trial with WH Smith (it's actually Love Film) and it's pretty good, couple of duff films with scratches (one was completely bu**ered) but nothing you don't get from blockbuster.

Tempted to keep it going when the trial runs out, so who do you use and is it any good!

(I don't expect a certain forum memeber to be contributing in this thread, he'll be going on about how we should all be in his cinema ;)) kidding!

LOL. Not at all.:D

If it wasn't for DVD and Video Rental the poor film studio's would be out of business. Not good for anyone.

Wouldn't hurt to go to the cinema occasionally though.;):I

duncan
14th November 2006, 04:39 AM
Yes, I use Tesco, which is also Love Film.
I use it to watch TV series rather than Movies. Agree with the state of the discs, i've had a few bad ones recently, but using the online error reporting, the replacement disc was dispatched the next working day.

Tescos is 7.97 for 1 disc, which is what i use.
If you fancy another free trial, if it works, i was given a coupon to pass on.
Go to the Tesco.com, click on DVD rental, and enter TD67G6X as the promotion code.

AndyP & Lenore
14th November 2006, 04:53 AM
quote:Originally posted by duncan

Yes, I use Tesco, which is also Love Film.
I use it to watch TV series rather than Movies. Agree with the state of the discs, i've had a few bad ones recently, but using the online error reporting, the replacement disc was dispatched the next working day.

Tescos is 7.97 for 1 disc, which is what i use.
If you fancy another free trial, if it works, i was given a coupon to pass on.
Go to the Tesco.com, click on DVD rental, and enter TD67G6X as the promotion code.

LOL. I can see 20 people trying to use that cupon now and Duncan getting a nasty phone call from Tesco's.:eek::blackeye::D;)

A.

duncan
14th November 2006, 05:07 AM
Heh, true, but i've had a few coupons through now and it looks fairly pre-printed rather than customer specific.

Oh, and its for 2 free months!

euan
14th November 2006, 07:15 AM
Cheers for that, will try that!

I like the selection that Love Film give you with the queue system, it's actually (sadly) quite exciting not knowing what your going to get.

And yes, I will go to the cinema soon (although much as I would love to come up to the borders, it'll be down in London - paying over the top prices for an Odeon I'm afraid)

AndyP & Lenore
14th November 2006, 08:31 AM
quote:Originally posted by euan

Cheers for that, will try that!

I like the selection that Love Film give you with the queue system, it's actually (sadly) quite exciting not knowing what your going to get.

And yes, I will go to the cinema soon (although much as I would love to come up to the borders, it'll be down in London - paying over the top prices for an Odeon I'm afraid)

They're getting a bit of flak for that just now. £17.50 is a tad steep for a movie ticket. Even if it is west end.

A.:(

Craig
14th November 2006, 04:56 PM
We used to use Blockbuster.... £14.99 per month and you could have has many DVD's as you wanted (3 at a time) and when you send them back, they post out the next one...

We stopped using it, because a lot of the disks were scratched and it wasted the viewing, also we came to a time when we really didn't fancy anything and were just getting old tv series to watch..

I don't think they are worth the money..

euan
14th November 2006, 06:49 PM
That was kind of my worry - we get 1 disk at a time just now so get through one a week, which to be honest is enough as I work away 2 nights a week. There other part of me thinks...just get off your ar*e and go to Blockbuster!

GAJ
14th November 2006, 07:03 PM
I use EasyCinema, despite my irrational hatred of Stelios.:evil: £1.99 per film with up to 3 at home at a time. I've not had any hassle with scratched discs yet and I've had about 40 films from them so far.

Wul
14th November 2006, 07:07 PM
i used to use LoveFilm too (via CDWOW) and had down graded to 1 disc for £9.99. It was a good service - only 1 missing disc and 1 unreadable one in 2 years membership - suspended my account now as we weren't watching any more than 2 per month and with Telewest cable we can get movies for £3 so tend to use that now. Would recommend it though if you watch a lot of movies.