PDA

View Full Version : How many are running the MTH tuner file?

bobbyraven
13th November 2006, 01:49 AM
....just can't decide if I should or shouldn't. I have an MCS and am pretty tempted as I've read some good things about it BUT I'm a liitle bit risk averse.

How are you guys finding it? worthwhile? easy enough to install?? no real problems / negatives since you've been running it? a noticeable difference in power?

and....

does it make you smile even more than before???

Any feedback appreciated. ;)

MartinSullivan
13th November 2006, 02:39 AM
There are quite a lot of people on here who run it - I know cause I installed it in most them lol. Some of them might not come forward as they dont want their dealers to know.

I love it in my car, but my car is pretty highly modified.

Gismo
13th November 2006, 02:59 AM
It was perfect in my old Cooper, it suffered from the stunble and was cured thanks to the map.
It's supposed to increase the BHP but i'd no way of telling, it did feel more responsive.

One thing that was very noticeable, on the standard map and with spirited driving the revs didn't drop down very quick, after the MTH file was installed there was hardly any rev lag at all :)

jayex
13th November 2006, 03:50 AM
I am also running with MTH file and think its great - all i have is a K&N typhoon and a miltek cat back :D:approve:

Mon the fish
13th November 2006, 08:32 PM
I've got a JCW with MTH, its fantastic. Pulls a lot better low down in higher gears, not as noticeable (to me anyway) higher up the rev range.

Again, thanks to Martin for fitting it as he says :D

Big Gordy
13th November 2006, 09:10 PM
quote:Some of them might not come forward as they dont want their dealers to know
Its not the dealers I don't want to know:eek::blackeye:;)

redpoint rallying
14th November 2006, 03:02 AM
Simon at WWW.ESSENTIALMINI.CO.UK has MTH do a bespoke map for the rally car. We hopefully will soon have the 3rd generation of this map soon. It is outstanding. I needed much more torque in specific rev ranges per gear and they did a great job. Recently we did the McRae Stages and due to gremlins, not connected with MTH's map we had to run on the standard map. We lost about 30bhp running the standard map. It reafirmed just how good the MTH gurus are as the rally car with the full rally map is a totally different car!

Its brilliant and utterly reliable. I suspect that if things were going to go wrong, then considering the manner in which the rally car is driven, then it would have happened long ago.

I would say have no fears with it.

M

MTH

bobbyraven
14th November 2006, 03:49 AM
..brilliant guys thanks for the response. Never thought that people wouldn't want to say, doh!:p

If anyone else has any feedback (from friends who have it ;)) I'd appreciate it. This of course is for my mate who is thinking about it and doesn't have a computer - I've never even driven a Mini;);););)