PDA

View Full Version : Dunedin BMW/MINI in Selkirk to close

AndyP & Lenore
8th November 2006, 03:31 AM
Sad news.:(

Just heard from our salesman at Dunedin Selkirk. They close at the end of the month.

Gutted.:(:(

A.

N12 JLK
8th November 2006, 03:33 AM
Thats pants ! why they shutting

Scottie
8th November 2006, 03:34 AM
jeez that can't be good. Maybe it's to near Edinburgh

gill
8th November 2006, 04:01 AM
:eek::eek:

Not good news for mini lovers .... :(:(:(

AndyP & Lenore
8th November 2006, 04:11 AM
quote:Originally posted by gill

:eek::eek:

Not good news for mini lovers .... :(:(:(

Especially MINI lovers who live on their doorstep.:(

OBN
8th November 2006, 04:12 AM
Is it something to do with the fact that BMW are making all their dealers have a the Mini showroom detached from BMW?

Scottie
8th November 2006, 04:14 AM
So who will be your nearest dealer now.

AndyP & Lenore
8th November 2006, 04:20 AM
Nearest dealer will be Dunedin in Edinburgh.

Scottie
8th November 2006, 04:24 AM
It's a strange one not often you here about BMW / Mini garages closing any idea why. http://www.cosgan.de/images/midi/figuren/e010.gif

AndyP & Lenore
8th November 2006, 04:54 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

It's a strange one not often you here about BMW / Mini garages closing any idea why. http://www.cosgan.de/images/midi/figuren/e010.gif

Not really. My guess is it could be down to lack of sales. But that's just my opinion. And bears no relation to the hard work all the staff at the dealership have put in to the place the past few years.

A.:(

markyc
8th November 2006, 05:11 AM
Can't believe this one :disapprove: I would have thought that as the dealership covered a fair area, and fairly afluent one, they would have had a good turnover :question::question: Will be interseting to find out the reasoning but not good new for the locals :disapprove::disapprove::evil:

AndyP & Lenore
8th November 2006, 06:13 AM
quote:Originally posted by markyc

Can't believe this one :disapprove: I would have thought that as the dealership covered a fair area, and fairly afluent one, they would have had a good turnover :question::question: Will be interseting to find out the reasoning but not good new for the locals :disapprove::disapprove::evil:

You're right Marky. Will really miss having them on our door step. Popping in for a chat and all that. And the convenience of a (very) local dealer.:(

A.:(

miniminx
8th November 2006, 01:08 PM
Gutted to hear about this andy:( I take it you spoke to Alister:question:

Is it the whole dealership or just the mini side that is closing?

Of all the cars I have purchased over the years from many dealers I have found the Selkirk dealership to be 1st class in customer service & always said to alister I will be back to buy another beemer when the time comes around.

For my 3 series & the wife's mini it looks like long trips to carlisle or edinburgh for when we need them serviced.

Sad News indeed:disapprove:

Mike.

Bignorm
8th November 2006, 05:39 PM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

Nearest dealer will be Dunedin in Edinburgh.

OR ME eastern in edinburgh :D

stoney
9th November 2006, 12:04 AM
quote:Originally posted by miniminx

Of all the cars I have purchased over the years from many dealers I have found the Selkirk dealership to be 1st class in customer service & always said to alister I will be back to buy another beemer when the time comes around.

For my 3 series & the wife's mini it looks like long trips to carlisle or edinburgh for when we need them serviced.

Mike.

carlisle is a good bmw/mini i use them

thats where i got both my minis from brill sevice and the rest

Crombers
9th November 2006, 05:43 AM
Tis a surpise :eek:. Keep us posted especially if you get more info as to why this is happening

AndyP & Lenore
9th November 2006, 09:18 AM
quote:Originally posted by miniminx

Mike.

Hi Mike,

Sorry I didn't reply yesterday. :I Been busy all day and only just got on the PC.;)

It's the whole dealership thats closing.:( Very sad indeed.:(:(

It looks like Ally and Pete are off to Dunedin Edinburgh though, and they both seem fairly up beat about it.:)

A.:D

johnsop1
10th November 2006, 10:37 PM
I heard about Dunedin Selkirk closing too. A bit of a blow - was one of the considerations for buying a MINI - having a local dealer. Dunedin Edinburgh (Seafield) is nightmare to get to in terms of leaving car / getting to work etc.

Staff in Selkirk were Brill too - great service.

lightbody
14th November 2006, 11:10 PM
that's a shame.

They helped with a couple of Mini runs that we did in the past...

AndyP & Lenore
14th November 2006, 11:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by lightbody

that's a shame.

They helped with a couple of Mini runs that we did in the past...

They did help out with opening up early for some of the Clan runs, and it was our start point for the Heart Of The Borders run for the past two years.

Now where are we gonna start from?:(

A.