PDA

View Full Version : A Texas MINI owners forum (Invitation)

johnlewis99
20th March 2003, 08:11 AM
http://www.metroplexmini.com/forum/ Hi all! This is the group im with here in Texas. If you get time, sign in and say Hi! Im sure that they would love to hear from fellow Mini&MINI owners...and its a friendly place to visit, trade photos ect..... give it a try:)

minidriver#1
20th March 2003, 08:13 AM
i'm there :)

john
20th March 2003, 09:07 AM
on my way captain

Peachiz
20th March 2003, 09:21 AM
I'm also there, but only just got here! Great informative site. Hi all. :cool:

Willie M
20th March 2003, 04:53 PM
Will pop by soon John to say hello, thanks for the link :cool: Thanks also for the photo's, just love your 'day job' car :D I'm gonna try and get one of those 'special edition' badges on e-bay :D I'll drop you an e-mail sometime next week.

Welcome to New Mini Scotland Peachiz :) Hope to see you around here as a regular, you will be made more than welcome :cool:

Gismo
20th March 2003, 06:13 PM
Am i the only one who cannot get into the site :question::(

Bonnie Scotland

minidriver#1
20th March 2003, 06:49 PM
i had trouble too, just keep trying :P

Linda M
20th March 2003, 10:03 PM
Neat site John :cool:
Welcome Peachiz :)

lazarus18
21st March 2003, 03:25 AM
And to return the favor...

Nice site here. Great pics, makes me want to visit all the more. Can you rent MINIs nowadays? I must lament the thread I just read on speeding cameras. George Orwell would be proud. Such a thing is unheard of in Texas. Check this out http://www.freedom.gov/auto/ if you want to raise your ire some (although I guess red light cameras are somewhat different in concept).

-Rob

johnlewis99
22nd March 2003, 02:46 AM
A rousing absolutely! Is the answer to the question of our two groups forming an alliance to include travel assistance to members that travel on holiday to either member area. .It's time for both groups to go drive a MINI on the wrong side of the road!:D We look forward making ones trip to Texas a very nice one.

Willie M
22nd March 2003, 08:33 AM
A warm welcom to lazarus18 :)

New Mini Scotland
twinned with
Metroplexmini.com

I like that. :) I echo Johns suggestion, travel assistance to members that travel to either member area.

Hey, maybe we could even organise a MINI meet. How's about we meet half-way ;) I'm sure the Scots MINI's (used to our damp climate) could cope with a get together in the middle of the Atlantic :D Has Bonnie Scotland got the amphibious conversion done to his car yet? :D

Julz
22nd March 2003, 06:36 PM
Well, it can obviously be done, if you've seen Michael Canes Mini in Austin Powers' Goldmember (I looove gold!!):D

Uncle John
23rd March 2003, 03:35 AM
And still more greetings from North Texas! Great site, hope to visit Scotland someday as many of my ancestors were Scots.

We do love our Minis in Texas! Y'all must come over and visit.
http://teoh.us/gallery/albums/contributions/Jefferson2.jpg

johnlewis99
24th March 2003, 09:34 AM
Here is a good site about travel in texas, www.traveltex.com
When you get the main page open look just under the toolbar on the right side of the page...you will see a little pair of boots and "2003 travel guide"... go in there and order it(its free!) Its a big nice book of things to see and do and comes with a road map....so when somebody goes to the metroplex site and see's a members is in Arlington, Richardson,Denton, ect you can see just where they are:)
takes just a few minutes to order it online! And you will be well pleased with it!

Willie M
25th March 2003, 04:31 PM
quote:Originally posted by Uncle John

We do love our Minis in Texas! Y'all must come over and visit.
http://teoh.us/gallery/albums/contributions/Jefferson2.jpg

Welcome to New Mini Scotland Uncle John, nice of you to drop by :)
Nice picture :cool: 1 horsepower and 263 horsepower both on the same street :D

Willie M
25th March 2003, 04:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by johnlewis99

Here is a good site about travel in texas, www.traveltex.com
Added it to my bookmarks John. Would certainly love to get over to Texas someday :cool: I'm going to order myself a copy of the guidebook you mentioned too. Our house is a shrine to travel guides and journals.

johnlewis99
1st April 2003, 06:33 PM
Willie M,
One word of advice about weather...By mid June its getting rather warm around here,by August...toooo hot!we don't even like it!Last of Sept. it starts to cool off to comfortable levels (but this same applies to Florida) we dont have the humidity that florida does either. Did you get a Intercepter sticky yet?

johnlewis99
11th April 2003, 12:40 PM
I have managed to get my ugly mug and my MINI's bonnet on somebody elses web site www.british-emporium.com I get to go to their bonnet compitition as a Kent Constabulary Sgt. to add ambi'ance to it and it looks like I might get to MC by default(Yikes)anyway they will have a good bit of pictures posted after the 19th passes.:) they will also have a Daimler Ferret and a Armored Landrover w/turret attending and some living history guys to crew them.

Willie M
11th April 2003, 04:02 PM
I see you know how to hold a cup of tea properly John :D;)
Good luck with your 'MC-ing' on the day, will keep an eye on the site for some pictures from the day :)

I'm going to have another look for the Intercepror decal. I found a couple of threads on E-bay previously but both guys were selling a roll of 10 decals. I'm only looking for the one. Mind you, maybe I could go into business over here. Could promote them as the latest 'must have' MINI accessory ;)

johnlewis99
11th April 2003, 05:13 PM
Willie M, LOL they too were surprized that I knew to hold the cuppa like that :) I still see those interseptor placards on ebay quite often for around $10-12 U.S. they are 1/10th an inch thick (domed)and are made of a rubber or silicone ...rather than being a flat decal. And yes, once you obtained one to show there is a chance others would want one too...its mere presence on the boot adds 10 hp I hear:D