PDA

View Full Version : What A Shame

Gismo
1st January 2004, 09:59 PM
I feel so sorry for Dana and Brian and the many others who travelled long distances to get to the Edinburgh street party only for it to be cancelled at the last minute :(

Bonnie Scotland

Kirsty
1st January 2004, 10:02 PM
I know I couldn't believe it when I saw it on the TV!!!:( All those peple who travel from all over the world to come to Edin and to be standing about in what looked like darkness for hours!!!:disapprove: It wasn't a very nice night either!!!:(

seany
1st January 2004, 10:05 PM
i agree with you

3GGG
1st January 2004, 10:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

I feel so sorry for Dana and Brian and the many others who travelled long distances to get to the Edinburgh street party only for it to be cancelled at the last minute :(

Bonnie Scotland

What about we sneak up to the castle and light the blue touch paper now:evil:;):clown:

macblob
2nd January 2004, 01:29 AM
Glad i stayed in with a couple of friends as it wasnt pleasant in edin last night at all

Yucky cold rain

Willie M
2nd January 2004, 01:53 AM
Sure looked a wild night in Auld Reekie :disapprove: I was happily tucked up in snow-bound Crieff with a nice wee bottle of Jack D, and a spare bottle of Talisker (for medicinal purposes of course) :approve:
Hope it didn't spoil Brian and Dana's visit too much.

Monsta Mo Mini
2nd January 2004, 07:54 PM
You can't plan for these things and I'm sure there would have been an even bigger outcry if injuries were incurred due to stray fireworks. Safety first and all that! A real shame for those that missed out though. The fireworks on Monday night wre brilliant!

I hate to think what damage it's done to the reputation of Edinburgh's Hogmanay celebrations for future years. I certainly doubt anyone would be willing to pay the over inflated hotel rates ever again. (£600 for three nights B&B...in a B&B was the worst I'd heard of).

Reminds me of the Millennium when we were in Ullapool where it was so windy the fireworks display consisted of half a dozen rockets shooting ALONG the main street!

Big Col
3rd January 2004, 01:18 AM
A "wee" bottle of Jack D (mmmmmmmm...Jack D)? You're not getting old now are you Willie?

Mini Martyn
4th January 2004, 04:23 AM
I heard today that some one from Montorse stole the fire works!!

Mod number 40063 for BS?? :D