PDA

View Full Version : Small Mod to The Factory Sat Nav

MartinSullivan
6th November 2006, 10:52 PM
Just done this (http://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81274) to my factory sat nav. The little location icon is now an electric blue mini , that turns direction as you move. It looks a lot better in the flesh. If anyone else wants to do it follow the info in the thread, or if they are stuggling I can do a copy of the disk for anyone that wants it, and if they are local to aberdeen I will download it to the car as well.

http://www.theofficemaven.com/mini3/pic-02.jpg

Gismo
6th November 2006, 10:56 PM
Ooh, can that be done for an M3 ;)

MartinSullivan
6th November 2006, 11:00 PM
If you can take an aerial photo of your car then yes it can be done ;)

MartinSullivan
6th November 2006, 11:00 PM
Car is at JC's today - be interesting to see if they notice that little mod ;)

Burple
6th November 2006, 11:36 PM
Now THAT's a cool mod sully! :D:D

(wish I had SatNav just so I could try it!)

zimbo
6th November 2006, 11:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

Now THAT's a cool mod sully! :D:D

(wish I had SatNav just so I could try it!)

Me too :D

bpirie1000
7th November 2006, 12:47 AM
Me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me Please.... Thanks

bpirie1000
7th November 2006, 12:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

Car is at JC's today - be interesting to see if they notice that little mod ;)

Getting your heater fixed??

Sheilz
7th November 2006, 09:05 AM
Dont suppose you could infiltrate the tom tom and do the same thing. That's really cute (my kind of mod!).

Big Col
7th November 2006, 04:16 PM
I bet someone, somewhere in a MINI design room is getting slapped about by his boss for not thinking of that themselves! :D

MartinSullivan
7th November 2006, 04:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by Sheilz

Dont suppose you could infiltrate the tom tom and do the same thing. That's really cute (my kind of mod!).

Sheilz, I will look into it - to be honest the tom tom would probably be even easier as there are a lot of tools out there for editing the interface. Ill get back to you - bonus is your car is the same colour as mine, so half the job is done [;0]

euan
7th November 2006, 10:09 PM
That is SUPERB!!! Love it!

PASL
11th November 2006, 05:16 AM
Good work wish i had sat nav

Paul

Sheilz
13th November 2006, 04:29 AM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

quote:Originally posted by Sheilz

Sheilz, I will look into it - to be honest the tom tom would probably be even easier as there are a lot of tools out there for editing the interface. Ill get back to you - bonus is your car is the same colour as mine, so half the job is done [;0]

Thank you that would be really cool :D:D:D:D

SpongeBob
13th November 2006, 04:40 AM
Well smart Martin,Amazing Idea too

T6 KFR
20th November 2006, 02:06 AM
what an excellent modification - sell your idea to mini for they're new sat nav's

get a copyright on that idea ASAP

dundeered
24th November 2006, 06:06 PM
yeah well cool , i have new tom tom 510 bought in advance for new r56, now changing from the triangle to a wee mini on screen will be well cool , sheilz how do you find the tom tom in your mini , have you changed the splash screen to a mini sign yet???

Mini Ecosse
24th November 2006, 08:23 PM
I would be also be interested in this for my Tom Tom