PDA

View Full Version : R56 Indicator bulbs

Scottie
6th November 2006, 05:36 AM
I was having a look at the bi-xenon headlights on the R56 Cooper S yesterday. Wondering how easy it would be to get your hand in to take the indicator bulb out and change it to a silver one.

I could see no way of getting any space for getting in at the back of the lights.

Looks like to me you would have to take the whole light out.

Say it isn't so and I got it wrong. This is the first mod I would like to do on my Mellow Yellow Cooper.

Help anyone else checked.

N12 JLK
6th November 2006, 05:54 AM
Wouldn't know as I haven't seen one in real life yet:D

Scottie
6th November 2006, 06:00 AM
quote:Originally posted by N12 JLK

Wouldn't know as I haven't seen one in real life yet:D

didnt' you look on Saturday.:eek:

N12 JLK
6th November 2006, 06:03 AM
Look where:question:

Scottie
6th November 2006, 06:24 AM
at the engine :D on the coopr S

Craig
6th November 2006, 04:29 PM
I agree Fi, after seeing the car BEFORE you on FRIDAY (ha ha that phone call was excellent..!:D:D) it looks like you cannot get at the back of the headlight unit, without removing it... looks like no silver indicators for the moment... ;)

illegalhunter
7th November 2006, 04:50 AM
get the dealer to to it pre delivery fi you are spending a lot of money the customer is always right or aleast show you how

SpongeBob
7th November 2006, 04:55 AM
I'll see if i can get a look at a Owners manual or sumfing and see if its a Epic job.

james f
7th November 2006, 05:34 AM
one the configutarir you can spec em clear Fi from the factory

Scottie
7th November 2006, 05:43 AM
quote:Originally posted by james f

one the configutarir you can spec em clear Fi from the factory

yeh I know and I have specced them but with the ornage indicator bulb in, it still looks pretty orange.

mikeythemini
20th November 2006, 03:31 AM
On xenon cars there is a circular cover under the wheel arch - it twists off then you can get to the bulb - I fitted front & rears today :)

Scottie
20th November 2006, 04:31 AM
quote:Originally posted by mikeythemini

On xenon cars there is a circular cover under the wheel arch - it twists off then you can get to the bulb - I fitted front & rears today :)

excellent Mike sounds much better than what the guys at the dealer were saying. Will get Allan on to it tomorrow.:cool:

Craig
20th November 2006, 04:57 AM
first mod then to clean up the front and back of the car... :approve:

mikeythemini
21st November 2006, 12:19 AM
Next one I play with I will try LED's

Craig
21st November 2006, 01:48 AM
quote:Originally posted by mikeythemini

Next one I play with I will try LED's

:approve::approve::approve:

let us know how you get on.. ;)

Crombers
21st November 2006, 06:27 AM
MarkyC looked at this yesterday & the whole top mounting frame looks as if it has to be shifted forwards in order to get into the bulbs.

New cars eh !! :p;)

Scottie
21st November 2006, 06:35 AM
quote:Originally posted by crombers

MarkyC looked at this yesterday & the whole top mounting frame looks as if it has to be shifted forwards in order to get into the bulbs.

you get to the bulbs from inside the wheel arch.:D

Crombers
21st November 2006, 07:02 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

you get to the bulbs from inside the wheel arch.:D

Well MarkyC (legend & all) showed me some top mounting frame thingy that had to be moved to get into the headlamp housing.

So who's wrong then folks ............ tune in next time folks for the next episode of MKIIQ's :p;):D

Scottie
21st November 2006, 07:10 AM

did you read the oracle's mikethemini's post on this thread.??????:approve:

ELFMAN
23rd November 2006, 04:56 PM
Scottiecoop. I'm frankly shocked. You mean to tell me the new car's not PERFECT? Modifying it already? Tut, and indeed, Tut. I thought the 'Fried Egg' lights were a 'design feature'. Who knows where it'll end. You'll be fitting a decent Gear Knob next! (chortle)

Scottie
23rd November 2006, 05:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by ELFMAN

Scottiecoop. I'm frankly shocked. You mean to tell me the new car's not PERFECT? Modifying it already? Tut, and indeed, Tut. I thought the 'Fried Egg' lights were a 'design feature'. Who knows where it'll end. You'll be fitting a decent Gear Knob next! (chortle)

well at least I am only changing the bulbs :cool:

on the now old style Mini I changed the whole side/indicator light unit so as I said BMW are improving things in that I only need to change the bulb.;):p

Gismo
23rd November 2006, 05:30 PM
Scottiecoop. I'm frankly shocked. You mean to tell me the new car's not PERFECT? Modifying it already?She'll be looking for a nice bit of trim next for the designed air noise reducing bonnet gap :eek::p:blackeye::D

Scottie
23rd November 2006, 05:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Scottiecoop. I'm frankly shocked. You mean to tell me the new car's not PERFECT? Modifying it already?She'll be looking for a nice bit of trim next for the designed air noise reducing bonnet gap :eek::p:blackeye::D

:clown::eek:;) I'm telling you that's why the gap is there.

ELFMAN
24th November 2006, 08:42 AM
Just wait till the bonnet flies up at 120! That'll be the automatic 'R56 Air Brake System' then! Sorry, I'm a cheeky git, I know. Right, away to read the 'Body Kit' stuff.....