PDA

View Full Version : Closed

rockwellcm
3rd November 2006, 08:00 AM
removed

Sweeney
3rd November 2006, 08:05 AM
I think theres quite a handful across the UK that are sitting in dealerships waiting for a home :p

minidriver#1
3rd November 2006, 08:08 AM
Overpriced. Even the dealers are selling well above the normal retail price.

james f
3rd November 2006, 09:53 AM
over priced yep as a car id have it in a second if i could afford one

illegalhunter
3rd November 2006, 04:05 PM
the novelty wears off pretty quick with the gp but it looks good i would like a wee test drive

john
3rd November 2006, 04:56 PM
Bollocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the GP is fantastic!!

I owned the one in Dundee and sold it for other reasons that dont concern you.

If I could I would still have it as its the best MINI I have ever driven!!

And yes there are a few for sale but all at over list price!!

Big Col
3rd November 2006, 05:16 PM
He sold it 'cos he's not a good enough driver for it. :D

Scottie
3rd November 2006, 05:28 PM
He sold it to beat my record of: how many Minis have you had.;):kiss::kiss:

john
3rd November 2006, 05:29 PM
The mini one is quick enough :)

I have a new toy :cool:

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k196/dycecooper/small1.jpg

john
3rd November 2006, 05:31 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

He sold it to beat my record of: how many Minis have you had.;):kiss::kiss:

I feel that its a loosing battle;)

The Dogfather
3rd November 2006, 05:32 PM
Looks like you couldn't get the racing bug out of your system John :D

Mini Me
3rd November 2006, 05:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

Looks like you couldn't get the racing bug out of your system John :D

just what i was typing ;)

john
3rd November 2006, 05:48 PM
I forgot to add Sponsors wanted!!!

john
3rd November 2006, 06:46 PM
I dont mind people slagging any car IF they have either had one or at the very least had a good drive of one!!

Gismo
3rd November 2006, 06:46 PM
I saw it when i went into JC's yesterday, the sales guy was on the phone and i'm sure it was to do with teh GP, fingers crossed it'll be sold.
They are great cars to drive, had my need for rear seats not been needed that car would be in my drive right now :p

X30YES
3rd November 2006, 07:13 PM
Fact ...If I had'nt just bought the JCWS a few months before the GP release ....I'd have one without a second thought ......never say never and all that , infact I looked at one at the weekend ,again !! ,I'm tempted but dont fancy paying the 2K over list price , when its been sitting doing nothing for a couple of month's (if you read this think ..you know who you are ) ;)
AS JB and BS say ..... drive one bfore you pass comments :approve:...how can you say you dont like something when you've never tasted it !!!;):p

Gismo
3rd November 2006, 07:24 PM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES
AS JB and BS say ..... drive one bfore you pass comments :approve:...how can you say you dont like something when you've never tasted it !!!;):pI openly admit i don't like the look of the rear spolier, the red mirrors and the lack of a rear wiper :p but, the car is fantastic to drive, though i must also admit, the JCW S handles almost as well ;)

The Dogfather
3rd November 2006, 07:34 PM
Don't like the look of the car, certainly can't afford one either.

Would I have one if I could afford it?

A big yes!

Still I've got a car just as rare and nearly as quick, just isn't a MINI ;)

X30YES
3rd November 2006, 07:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

AS JB and BS say ..... drive one bfore you pass comments :approve:...how can you say you dont like something when you've never tasted it !!!;):pI openly admit i don't like the look of the rear spolier, the red mirrors and the lack of a rear wiper :p but, the car is fantastic to drive, though i must also admit, the JCW S handles almost as well ;)
The spoiler does'nt float my boat either and the lack of rear a wiper is another minus me to be really honest .The seats are a big plus tho ....time will tell if it grabs me enough to go out and get one .;)

Gismo
3rd November 2006, 07:58 PM
time will tell if it grabs me enough to go out and get one .;)Ah go on go on, you know you want one, can't take it with you and all that :evil::p:D

X30YES
3rd November 2006, 08:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

time will tell if it grabs me enough to go out and get one .;)Ah go on go on, you know you want one, can't take it with you and all that :evil::p:D
The thing is ..I KNOW THAT i do :eek:

GP 1536
3rd November 2006, 09:52 PM
I've had mine for just over a month now.Only done 600 miles in it,so still not ran it in fully.Once it's run in I'll be able to compare it to my old car which was a Civic Type R.

My inpressions of the Mini are thats with the stiff suspension it makes it uncomforable to be in sometimes.Wouldn't like to do a long motorway journey in it.Great round the B roads though.Fantastic sound of it,especially when your changing gear.Theres a nice burble between changes.Looks fantastic.A real head turner,especially with other mini owners.Was to sure about the red door mirrors when I saw it in the brochure but I like them now as it makes the car identifyable(sp).When you see Mini with red mirrors (and not red body colour) you'll know it's a GP.I like the rear spoiler as well.Again,makes it identifyable.Not sure about the wheels though.

Performance wise,can't really say until I run it in,but you know it going to be as quick as the CTR.Which is not bad for a 1600.

Love the leather heated Recaros ! And the GP kick plates.

Don't like the way the stereo automatically gets louder to compensate for the increase in engine noise.Can be a wee bit off putting.

Sterring wheel could be a bit thinner,and the gear nob is a bit chucky compare with the CTR.Could be a tad smaller too.

The biggest bug bear is the gearbox.Horrific.Awkward,clucky and you don't get smooth gear changes.I'm hoping that it will soften when its eventually run in.If it doesn't,I'm afraid to say the CTR'S gearbox is far superior.

Another small issue.It has to many badges on the back.Don't really need the 'Cooper S','JCW' badges on them.The 'GP' badge where the Cooper S badge is would have been enough.Too bling.

All in all it's still a great car.Just can't wait to release the beast when it's run in.

Scottie
3rd November 2006, 10:06 PM
quote:Originally posted by GP 1536

The biggest bug bear is the gearbox.Horrific.Awkward,clucky and you don't get smooth gear changes.I'm hoping that it will soften when its eventually run in.If it doesn't,I'm afraid to say the CTR'S gearbox is far superior.

easy sorted fit a short shifter:cool:

Wul
3rd November 2006, 11:56 PM
But the Civic gearbox was taken out a 2CV!! :p

euan
4th November 2006, 12:36 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

easy sorted fit a short shifter:cool:

My take on that - for the car aimed as a pure driving machine, you shouldn't need to fit short shifter. If it needed it, it should have come with one.

I'd love to have a go, but I don't think I could live with one due the amount of motorway miles I do.

X30YES
4th November 2006, 01:33 AM
"Another small issue.It has to many badges on the back.Don't really need the 'Cooper S','JCW' badges on them.The 'GP' badge where the Cooper S badge is would have been enough.Too bling."

A Kettle of hot water will sort out that problem :p;)

john
4th November 2006, 01:41 AM
Amazing how different everyone is, I would only change two things about the GP,I would fit a Glove box and the plastic clip that holds the rear compartment is feeble other than that its a fantastic car.

I drove it to Milton Keynes and back and its the most comfortable mini I have driven too.

Its NOT a focus or a CIVIC its a bl00dy good mini!!

rant over have a nice weekend:)

X30YES
4th November 2006, 01:59 AM
The seats are good ...and would say better than my Works ones ....The only thing I might add is a rear wiper

GP 1536
4th November 2006, 02:02 AM
Yeah.Your right about the clip John.This is the 1st Mini I've had so I am unable to compare it to others witrh regards to the comfort of the ride.It is a fantastic Mini,and if the gearbox softens up then it will be a fantastic car.

GP 1536
4th November 2006, 02:22 AM
quote:Originally posted by euan
My take on that - for the car aimed as a pure driving machine, you shouldn't need to fit short shifter. If it needed it, it should have come with one.

Agreed

stoney
4th November 2006, 09:08 AM
well never won the lotary so not geting one this week :)

sh@z
4th November 2006, 09:45 AM
quote:Originally posted by PASL

Am i wrong our is this a mini website that your posting nasty comments about a mini .
if thats what you like to do i suggest you go and get youself a focus st and be come a member of the fix our repair delay club and go on about how fast they are

had the gp for 2 weeks now what a car shame i cant drive it like john

what a ****er

Who are you to tell someone what they can and cannot post. Posting nasty comments about a mini is not against forum rules or whatever, and he didn't say anything nasty... just saying maybe it wasn't upto the hype.

I mean cmon... He can say what he wants, and if its inappropriate i'm sure a mod will do the appropriate thing.

also i'm surprised nobody else has flamed you for this yet! KJ what the hell you playing at!

Sheilz
4th November 2006, 07:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by sh@zwhat a ****er

Who are you to tell someone what they can and cannot post. Posting nasty comments about a mini is not against forum rules or whatever, and he didn't say anything nasty... just saying maybe it wasn't upto the hype.

I mean cmon... He can say what he wants, and if its inappropriate i'm sure a mod will do the appropriate thing.

also i'm surprised nobody else has flamed you for this yet! KJ what the hell you playing at!
Wouldnt go so far as to call the guy names but I agree with you on principle. My impression of the original post was that it was a go at BMW and not a crit of the car. I think most people would agree that the new mini from day one has been the focus of clever marketing and been made more attractive by the car's exclusiveness. It also gives manufacturers an excuse to over-price their product.
We have a Type R in the household too and its a superb car. I would agree with the comments about the gear change. Reverse in the mini is a pain in the butt and I know that's been commented on by other owners. Doesnt mean we're having a go at the car. Pity then BMW hadnt thought to look at the 2CV as well then we might not have this particular gripe.

tolerance and respect.........tolerance and respect.......
:approve::approve::D

Big Col
4th November 2006, 07:53 PM
Personally I think anyone that gets that upset about someone saying anything about a car needs tangoed, as does anyone that uses the term "Flame" for that matter. :)

Give yourselves a shake people it's only an internet forum!

john
4th November 2006, 08:23 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Personally I think anyone that gets that upset about someone saying anything about a car tangoed, as does anyone that uses the term "Flame" for that matter. :)

Give yourselves a shake people it's only an internet forum!

LOL lucky that cos you get some stick about your dirty car:D

Are you going to the MANKY thrash to show up BS????

GP 1536
5th November 2006, 02:12 AM

"Another small issue.It has to many badges on the back.Don't really need the 'Cooper S','JCW' badges on them.The 'GP' badge where the Cooper S badge is would have been enough.Too bling."

Want to try and keep it a 'original' as possible.Only thing I'll fit to it will be the Ipod interface.

Oh ! And I forgot to say.The brakes are phenomenal too.

rockwellcm
5th November 2006, 02:20 AM

Want to try and keep it a 'original' as possible.Only thing I'll fit to it will be the Ipod interface.

Oh ! And I forgot to say.The brakes are phenomenal too.

Its crap,i am going to get an Alpine player fitted instead,the BMW/Mini one is crap for £175 fitted (and yes i have one :D:D:D)the Alpine is a far better unit,and can be fitted in the same way (in the glove box)it also plays your Albums as they are on the Ipod,not with custom playlists(only 99 tracks per list ,with 5 custom lists,the 6th list is everything on your Ipod,which a lot of tracks in my case) as per the dealer version

Donald

Big Col
5th November 2006, 07:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by john
LOL lucky that cos you get some stick about your dirty car:D

Are you going to the MANKY thrash to show up BS????

You cant tell by my sig that it really bothers me mate. ;)

I wont be able to make the Manky thrash. Work is going to be a bit nuts for a while.

X30YES
7th November 2006, 05:44 PM
"Reverse in the mini is a pain in the butt " (Sheilz)

So it seems ;):D

Sheilz
8th November 2006, 05:18 AM

"Reverse in the mini is a pain in the butt " (Sheilz)

So it seems ;):D

:I:I:I:I:D:D

john
8th November 2006, 07:18 AM
quote:Originally posted by stone

well never won the lotary so not geting one this week :)

You will not win the spelling contest either:D:cool::)

sh@z
8th November 2006, 08:29 AM
quote:Originally posted by PASL

Ha sh@z

Thanks for your kind words my friend. Maybe my comment was inapproprite but who do you think you are using foul language like that . ever one is entitled to there own oppinion and that was mine at the time

Well, the same could be said to you. My response was filled with the same sort of arrogance in your post. And you were telling someone not to post nasty comments about a mini on a mini website, and then you say you are entitled to your opinion. I've been a member here long enough to know forum etiquette and whats acceptable and whats not, and my 'foul language' was aimed at your post and what it contained, not at you personally.

It doesn't really bother me, more that i wanted to draw attention to your post in a somewhat sarcastic manner.

And a focus st is a good car for the money if you want a lot of bang for your buck, as we all know you pay a premium for the mini.

But whatever, i don't feel like getting into a forum flame fest.