PDA

View Full Version : service reset.

soopercooper
3rd November 2006, 05:34 AM
does anyone have a scooby how to reset the oil service reminder on a 02 cooper,got the oil changed in work but dont know how to reset the light.

Gordons_cooper_wrks
3rd November 2006, 05:54 AM
Im not sure if this will work. Works on sum other makes of cars though (audi, vw, renault, peugeot etc.) If you hold the trip reset button in then turn the ignition on and off 3 times, then hold it for 30 seconds with the ignition on then turn ignition off and start the car. i have neva tried it on a mini before butif you want give it a go. Sumtimes a different order of the above works aswell if that order doesnt work. As i said though am not sure if it will work or what it will do so mabey be carefull.

MartinSullivan
3rd November 2006, 06:54 AM
To reset the service interval indicator:

push trip button

turn ignition key to position 1 and 15A will appear to left of mileage

release trip button

wait 3 seconds

push trip button

wait (5 - 8 seconds) for RST to appear in left corner

release trip button

push trip button

15000 [or kilometer equivalent] will appear as new service interval

release trip button

The miles [or kilometers] until next service will now count down from the reset interval.

soopercooper
3rd November 2006, 10:25 PM
tried that but when i hold the button down,i get the word test coming up and the rev counter goes all the way round as does the fuel gauges and the petrol and water gauge,can anyone help me

MartinSullivan
3rd November 2006, 10:30 PM
I have used the above method on 3 Minis - and it has worked no problem, the only car i couldnt get it to work on was a very early model.

soopercooper
4th November 2006, 02:44 AM
it is a 51 plate built december 2001

Gorbash12346
4th November 2006, 04:52 AM
ok sooper heres how you do it

ignition all the way off but key in

press and hold the trip button

turn key to position 1... (i.e. no warning lights lit up)

keep holding trip button till reset service comes up

then let go of trip button and press it back in again and hold it there until the reset wording starts flashing

when this happens let go of the button and press it once and let go.

turn ignition off then on and et voila

soopercooper
4th November 2006, 11:31 PM
gorbash,you are a genius,it worked a treat. i feel like i owe you a beer now.bmw in hillington wanted to charge me 47quid plus vat to do that

Gorbash12346
4th November 2006, 11:34 PM
lmao yes it's a very valuable secret....:D didn't realise it was that valuable though :eek:

neways np's

soopercooper
5th November 2006, 12:20 AM
the reason i got my garage to change the oil,was i wanted castrol edge fully synthetic in the cooper.thanks once again.how did u find out that trick.do u work for bmw

Gorbash12346
6th November 2006, 01:35 AM
apprentice technican @ a certain dealers ;)

soopercooper
6th November 2006, 01:52 AM
whenever i need some car issues taken care of id rather give you the cash than a dealer,

rockwellcm
8th November 2006, 08:46 AM
quote:Originally posted by Gordons_cooper_wrks

Im not sure if this will work. Works on sum other makes of cars though (audi, vw, renault, peugeot etc.) If you hold the trip reset button in then turn the ignition on and off 3 times, then hold it for 30 seconds with the ignition on then turn ignition off and start the car. i have neva tried it on a mini before butif you want give it a go. Sumtimes a different order of the above works aswell if that order doesnt work. As i said though am not sure if it will work or what it will do so mabey be carefull.

Watch this method,this resets the door key remote,to a diffrent setting by doing the routine ,acordinding to the latest Autocar V3 cd workshop disk,you have to check your engine number before trying this to see if your safe.or its £40 for a reprogram

Donald

Gorbash12346
15th November 2006, 05:03 AM
hehe i know the feeling sooper i want to know a ford guy who can reset my management light... as my 200 cell sports cat let's it come on after about 200 miles and they want £50 to reset it.. :'(

soopercooper
15th November 2006, 09:26 PM
well i work for arnies ill try find out for you matey.its a licence to print money