PDA

View Full Version : Windscreen Washers

RS
31st December 2003, 07:36 AM
In these times on high windscreen washer use, I've found myself running out of water a couple of times. I'm amazed that the Mini does not have a washer reservoir low level warning like most other new cars these days.

And another thing, my washer jets froze this morning even though I paid the additional £40 when ordering the car for heated washer jets and mirrors.

3GGG
31st December 2003, 08:13 PM
Yes it is important to keep them topped up (and the headlight washers if you have them). Don't depend on the heated jets in this weather, you need a very strong mixture of windscreen additive as well other wise they will be frozen solid before the heated jets.

Wul
2nd January 2004, 12:44 AM
Time for wuls seasonal top tip again - keep a 500ml juice bottle filled with premixed skoosher fluid in the car to "get you home" if you run out - it will fit neatly in one of the boot cubbie holes :)

ELFMAN
2nd January 2004, 12:55 AM
Just to confirm Wul's skoosher tips, keep the mixture really strong and keep plenty of spare (equally strong) stuff in the boot, otherwise you'll still freeze despite the heated washers - the voice of experience.......