PDA

View Full Version : Hey AndyP

Big Col
31st October 2006, 11:45 PM
Has this (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6101704.stm) happened at your cinema yet? :)

X30YES
1st November 2006, 12:01 AM
<not going to see that

Gismo
1st November 2006, 12:02 AM
Nice one, that's on my gotta go see list :p

gill
1st November 2006, 12:15 AM
:eek::eek::eek:

AndyP & Lenore
1st November 2006, 01:29 AM
Not happened at the Pavilion yet..... for Saw III. But has happened with other films. I wouldn't say it was common, but it happens more often than you'd think.

And it doesn't have to be gory films. It happens, more often than not, in any hall which is packed, no matter what the film is that's showing.

The bloke from the Ambulance Service needs an attitude adjustment...."Taking three ambulances out of service on a Friday night could be a problem" WTF? So it's more important these ambulances are picking drunken 14 year olds off the street and rushing them to dialysis machines to stop their kidneys shutting down on them, than dealing with genuine non-fault-illnesses caused unexpectedly by close proximity to other people, rather than the content of what they are watching.

A.
<Steps down off soap box.

AndyP & Lenore
1st November 2006, 02:07 AM
I LIED! I LIED! I LIED!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Totally forgot!:eek: Wasn't on duty Friday night but was made aware of the following:

A customer did come out the hall on Friday night feeling very unwell. He didn't require an ambulance but decided not to go back in to the film. Him and his girlfriend were given a free pass to come and see the film again at any time they choose. Read in to this what you will: his girlfriend and her mother came back to see it last night. No sign of the bloke!;)

A.

ianking
1st November 2006, 06:03 AM
I have no knowledge of this film at all but I take it its hard work to watch. Im not into horror movies at all but all this press must be doing it great cause even I would go and see it now. Have you watched it yet Andy? Whats the jist. I take it there was a sawI and a sawII before.

AndyP & Lenore
1st November 2006, 06:08 AM
quote:Originally posted by ianking

I have no knowledge of this film at all but I take it its hard work to watch. Im not into horror movies at all but all this press must be doing it great cause even I would go and see it now. Have you watched it yet Andy? Whats the jist. I take it there was a sawI and a sawII before.

Didn't see Saw I, didn't see Saw II, not gonna watch Saw III. Not because I can't stomache it, it's just not my kind of movie. To be honest, I haven't even seen the trailer. Lemme go watch the trailer. Be right back.

A.

AndyP & Lenore
1st November 2006, 06:16 AM
K. Seen the trailer. Looks the same as any other bloodthirsty/carnage/head-chopping/tomato-ketchup-overloaded bullsh!t that's been made in the past 10 years. But hey, it's not my kind of genre, so I'm bound to have that opinion.:clown:

Better if someone who has actually seen the film and can make an objective comment on it posts to this thread. Don't listen to me.:clown:

A.:D

sedgie
1st November 2006, 06:19 AM
Seen saw 1 n II....me likes them:D...n will defo see saw III:D

Gismo
1st November 2006, 06:46 AM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore
K. Seen the trailer. Looks the same as any other bloodthirsty/carnage/head-chopping/tomato-ketchup-overloaded bullsh!t that's been made in the past 10 yearsNot rubbish enough for you to refuse to show it though :eek:;):p:D:I

AndyP & Lenore
1st November 2006, 07:15 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore
K. Seen the trailer. Looks the same as any other bloodthirsty/carnage/head-chopping/tomato-ketchup-overloaded bullsh!t that's been made in the past 10 yearsNot rubbish enough for you to refuse to show it though :eek:;):p:D:I

Well, here's the thing. When I saw my Dad had booked it I actually went a bit mental. I thought he'd made a mistake to be honest. Didn't think it would do any business and films holding over for a third or fourth week would actually do better. But once a film is booked it is very very difficult to take them out. So we didn't have much choice but to run it and hope for the best.

Now, no-matter if it is No1 in the UK, the fact is it is only number one because everything else is doing pants at the moment and it's interesting to note that the number 3 film (Departed) has been on release for four weeks now. Although it is apparently the highest opening for a 18 rated film in 10 years. It even beat The Departed - go figure! But it didn't beat Departed for us.;)

Neil and Lorna
1st November 2006, 08:34 AM
Well it was me that dealt with the guy when he was helped out of the auditorium by another customer.
He was 6'6'' built like brick shi7house was quivering like jelly and sweating rather profusely. He sat in the foyer for few minutes then left with his tickets to come back another day.

I was in the auditorium on a few occasions that night and the film to me looked like a load of rubbish. But its not my type of film.

But if it gets bums on seats so be it.:D:D

Neil.:D:D

Big Col
1st November 2006, 04:30 PM
HERE!!! I never knew until now that Neil and Andy were related!!! Heh! :)

As for SAW I, thought that one was ok. SAW II was complete and utter drivel that had a rubbish plot that was utterly deviod of inteligenve, was sickeningly predictabe and tried to pass itself for a horror simply by including every cliche that is likely to make people squirm. I was amazed it never had a scene with someone getting their teeth pulled with pliers or their toenails pulled out as they were about the only cliches missing from it!

Still...looks like they had to save something for Saw III!

Neil and Lorna
1st November 2006, 05:30 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

I try to keep it quiet you know Andy is a bit strange.;);)

Neil

AndyP & Lenore
1st November 2006, 05:44 PM

<<<<Sighs....

Aye, we all have our cross to bear.;)

Burple
1st November 2006, 06:34 PM

As for SAW I, thought that one was ok. SAW II was complete and utter drivel that had a rubbish plot that was utterly deviod of inteligenve, was sickeningly predictabe and tried to pass itself for a horror simply by including every cliche that is likely to make people squirm. I was amazed it never had a scene with someone getting their teeth pulled with pliers or their toenails pulled out as they were about the only cliches missing from it!

Still...looks like they had to save something for Saw III!

You're much better off with Scary Movie 4!! All the same cliches, but they're actually *meant* to be funny in this one ;):D:D