PDA

View Full Version : Black Plastic round the wheel arch

Goldminione
31st October 2006, 08:16 PM
The only problem I have in my MINI at the moment touch wood it stays that way is the black pastic around the wheel arch discolours. One is worse than the rest it keeps discolouring after about 2 weeks after back to blacking it. The others aren't too bad.

ANyone any ideas?

Alan

Wul
31st October 2006, 08:40 PM
Replace them - they aren't that expense I believe! the trim detailing products worke for a wee while but once they disclour they will never be right.

bpirie1000
31st October 2006, 09:30 PM
paint them

AndyP & Lenore
1st November 2006, 01:29 AM
quote:Originally posted by bpirie1000

paint them

:approve:

X30YES
1st November 2006, 05:53 AM
try peanut oil

Goldminione
1st November 2006, 06:10 AM
The old man wanted me to get the skirts put on

Sweeney
1st November 2006, 06:53 AM
id give them a good scrub first, youd be surprised how well they hold the dirt on them lol [:S] once scrubbed give them a few coats of some back to black or similar. Although one question, is it white marks on them? i.e. it isn't polish that has accidentally dripped or been rubbed onto them?

Goldminione
1st November 2006, 06:54 AM
Its white marks and slight discolouring

Sweeney
1st November 2006, 07:03 AM
the white marks are most likely polish/wax, try the peanut oil as angus suggested, i got hold of a "general purpose cleaner" works a treat, something a guy i know uses as he does car valeting the dirt that comes off them is shocking lol

AndyP & Lenore
1st November 2006, 07:23 AM
Never tried it myself, but I heard that Peanut Butter (Smooth, not chunky!) can also work.

A.:D

james f
1st November 2006, 07:23 AM
auto glyn bumper care amazing stuff imo aviod the back to black goop as we never got it off my mates cooper once it was on and you could never wash it properly

markyc
1st November 2006, 07:39 AM
Lash oot the dough and get them painted :eek::approve::approve::approve: Looks great and sooooo easy to keep clean :p:D:cool:;)

gill
1st November 2006, 05:51 PM
Use bumper care stuff - or replace them. Ewan replaced the ones on my car - got the whole set for under £15, I think!!!

Scottie
1st November 2006, 06:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by gill

Use bumper care stuff - or replace them. Ewan replaced the ones on my car - got the whole set for under £15, I think!!!

:eek::eek: £15 not bad well that's that sorted simple just buy a new set every 2 months and they will look spanking.:cool:

Crombers
2nd November 2006, 08:38 AM
quote:Originally posted by markyc

Lash oot the dough and get them painted :eek::approve::approve::approve: Looks great and sooooo easy to keep clean :p:D:cool:;)

As the man says :approve:;)