PDA

View Full Version : MINI "MEATS"8 Castlecary House 24th NOV

N12 JLK
30th October 2006, 03:08 AM
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/lesley12/meats8.jpg
Pre- Christmas night out on the 24th November at the Castlecary house hotel as usual meet at 7pm for food at 7:30pm. Ive booked the whole of the snug area which sits 20 people so I would be grateful if we could fill it please. I will have to restrict it to 20 people this time due to limited seating so get your names down quick. the sticky toffee pudding is to die for and their steaks , oh and the fresh made burgers MMMMMMM. Plenty chat and a wee look at the mods on the cars, lets be havin some new faces we wont bite its a great night out.
This is there website which tells you the location and about the hotel. Doesnt give much away about the menu but I've been going for years and the food is brill!!!!. Meet in the carpark at the back of the hotel on the left .
http://www.castlecaryhotel.com/
Found a link to their menu, 3 pages in total. They do have a specials insert in the menu on the day.
http://www.castlecaryhotel.com/barmenu.pdf

1= Jason, Lesley and Kerr
2= Craig and Jude
3= Fiona and Alan ( well you wanted this);)
4= Andy and Lenore
5= Crombers
6= Ian and Sarah
7= Rob and Christine
8= Euan
9= OBN ( non FOOD)
10= MarkyC
11= Nicola (pinklady)
12= Nicola #2 (NICNAX)
13= Shabaz:D

Scottie
30th October 2006, 04:02 AM
maybe I'll have my mellow yellow cooper for this.:D

N12 JLK
30th October 2006, 04:06 AM
Att MODS can you make this a sticky please:)

AndyP & Lenore
30th October 2006, 04:45 AM
Thats an aye from us.:D

Taking into account the time of year, we may well be in the X5, 'cos of the weather.

A.:D

Crombers
30th October 2006, 05:00 AM
Yup for me ;)

ianking
30th October 2006, 05:01 AM
Yes for me and Sarah please

OBN
30th October 2006, 05:29 AM
How lush does that restaurant look. Steak and sticky toffee pudding my faves

Shame I can't make it will be at work til 8 or 9 on the Friday

stoney
30th October 2006, 05:52 AM
why not me and christine will be there !!!

N12 JLK
30th October 2006, 05:55 AM
OBN, it's not the restaurant we are going to it's the bar. but the food is much the same, only much much cheaper and cosier:)

Crombers
30th October 2006, 06:06 AM
quote:Originally posted by N12 JLK

OBN, it's not the restaurant we are going to it's the bar , only much much cheaper and cosier:)

Swingers nite :p;):D

OBN
30th October 2006, 06:37 AM
Would it be ok to come along after work?

I know I'll miss the food but would be nice to meet up again.

I'll only be about 20 mins away

N12 JLK
30th October 2006, 07:23 AM
Go for it. That would be good.

OBN
30th October 2006, 07:28 AM
Excellent, put me down as a late arrival

ELFMAN
30th October 2006, 08:36 AM
Jason, put me down for this one please - hopefully I'll be rid of this bleedin' COLD by then!!!!

OBN
7th November 2006, 04:31 AM
Can be so bold as to make a suggestion?

OK I will anyway...

Since Spongebob is leaving Menzies on the 23rd would it be possible to dedicate Mini Meat 8 to Mr Spongebob?

Just need to talk him into coming, I for one would like to buy that man/sponge a drink.

Pink Lady
10th November 2006, 06:54 AM
Hi, ive not got any mod's on my mini, its just a plain mini cooper, would i still be welcome or should i put xmas baubles on my green mean machine?:I

Pink Lady
10th November 2006, 07:08 AM
ps, where exactly is north of cumbernauld, n dont say north of cumbernauld!:D

N12 JLK
10th November 2006, 07:29 AM
Of course you are welcome, but be warned you may get the bug.:cool:

North of Cumbernauld is the Cumbernauld slip road after what used to be the Auchinkilns roundabout. The Castlecary is about 2 mins drive from the slip road. Let me know if you are coming along.

PS. Are you related to Fiona McLenaghan:question: She is a girl from my work and is also from Coatbridge:question:

N12 JLK
10th November 2006, 07:37 AM
quote:Originally posted by Pink Lady

Hi, ive not got any mod's on my mini, its just a plain mini cooper, would i still be welcome or should i put xmas baubles on my green mean machine?:I

I said to Lesley just to put baubles on and i got a slap in the face:)

Crombers
10th November 2006, 09:00 AM
Quite right to :approve:

AndyP & Lenore
10th November 2006, 09:20 AM
Strawberry feet from Hellfrauds.:approve:

Pink Lady
11th November 2006, 12:02 AM
Yes put me down, i get paid on the 23rd so that was lucky! Am sure i'll find it, i'll ask about in my work. I dont know if am related to fiona, i dont really know my dads side, although she only has one n, am nn. :D

Of course you are welcome, but be warned you may get the bug.:cool:

North of Cumbernauld is the Cumbernauld slip road after what used to be the Auchinkilns roundabout. The Castlecary is about 2 mins drive from the slip road. Let me know if you are coming along.

PS. Are you related to Fiona McLenaghan:question: She is a girl from my work and is also from Coatbridge:question:

X30YES
11th November 2006, 03:34 AM

North of C'nauld (http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?lat=55.9802&lon=-3.9474&scale=50000&icon=x)
I take it you'd turn off at Shell Svs, on the A80

Pink Lady
11th November 2006, 05:49 AM
Hi can you put me down for deffo, quite like to meet a few people.
Nic

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/lesley12/meats8.jpg
Pre- Christmas night out on the 24th November at the Castlecary house hotel as usual meet at 7pm for food at 7:30pm. Ive booked the whole of the snug area which sits 20 people so I would be grateful if we could fill it please. I will have to restrict it to 20 people this time due to limited seating so get your names down quick. the sticky toffee pudding is to die for and their steaks , oh and the fresh made burgers MMMMMMM. Plenty chat and a wee look at the mods on the cars, lets be havin some new faces we wont bite its a great night out.
This is there website which tells you the location and about the hotel. Doesnt give much away about the menu but I've been going for years and the food is brill!!!!. Meet in the carpark at the back of the hotel on the left .
http://www.castlecaryhotel.com/
Found a link to their menu, 3 pages in total. They do have a specials insert in the menu on the day.
http://www.castlecaryhotel.com/barmenu.pdf

1= Jason, Lesley and Kerr
2= Craig and Jude
3= Fiona and Alan ( well you wanted this);)
4= Andy and Lenore
5= Crombers
6= Ian and Sarah
7= Rob and Christine
8= Euan
9= OBN ( non FOOD)
10= MarkyC

Pink Lady
11th November 2006, 05:50 AM
Am a nitemare with direction, i'll no doubt need to do a practice run, am really that bad!
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

North of C'nauld (http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?lat=55.9802&lon=-3.9474&scale=50000&icon=x)
I take it you'd turn off at Shell Svs, on the A80

N12 JLK
11th November 2006, 06:09 AM
Thats you added Nicola, dead easy to find you canny get lost! follow Angus's directions:)

N12 JLK
11th November 2006, 06:16 AM
Nicola come off the A80 signposted for the Castlecary/ cumbernauld just before the Old inns service's B816 and go through the first,second and third roundabouts and the castlecary is around 600 yards down from the third roundabout on your left hand side. I take it you will be coming northbound on the A80 anyway.
A wee piccy for you from multimap to help
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/lesley12/m80.gif

Pink Lady
11th November 2006, 06:11 PM
Thanks for that, will see you all soon.:)

Nicola come off the A80 signposted for the Castlecary/ cumbernauld just before the Old inns service's B816 and go through the first,second and third roundabouts and the castlecary is around 600 yards down from the third roundabout on your left hand side. I take it you will be coming northbound on the A80 anyway.
A wee piccy for you from multimap to help
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/lesley12/m80.gif

niknax
11th November 2006, 06:43 PM
can u add me to the list too :)

SpongeBob
12th November 2006, 02:22 AM
[quote]Originally posted by OBN

Can be so bold as to make a suggestion?

OK I will anyway...

Since Spongebob is leaving Menzies on the 23rd would it be possible to dedicate Mini Meat 8 to Mr Spongebob?

Really Apreciate the gesture Brent,But My wee bro is getting married on the 25th and he's doing paintball on the 24th,So its going to be to neat,But Promise to Attend one of the others,But Thanks Very Much

JCW_GP0128
22nd November 2006, 06:20 PM
hi, not sure if there's any space left (I count 19!) but if there is, would it be possible for me to tag along. I haven't been to any meets before but would like to attend at least one!

ta, Shabaz

Scottie
22nd November 2006, 06:23 PM
What junction/exit do I need to take of the motorway coming from Stirling/Kincardine direction.

Do I keep to the left hand lane when I join on from the M876 and take the exit on the corner bit before we go down the wee dip before the railway arches/viaduct.?????

Craig
22nd November 2006, 07:38 PM
middle lane when joining from M876. take first exit after going back to 2 lanes (no haggs junction, next one signposted Allandale, Castlecary just before the Arches..)

At the top of the sliproad, turn right... when you come into Castlecary, it is on your right..:D

niknax
23rd November 2006, 06:57 AM
hi....sorry im gonna have to back out of this one im afraid, my car is still not here, was planning on it being so....hope thats not scuppered my cred on nms my apologies :I

AndyP & Lenore
23rd November 2006, 07:12 AM
quote:Originally posted by niknax

hi....sorry im gonna have to back out of this one im afraid, my car is still not here, was planning on it being so....hope thats not scuppered my cred on nms my apologies :I

Nicola, I wouldn't worry about your MINI not being here. Although it's a social evening organised on a MINI site, having/bringing a MINI isn't required. We often take our other car, especially at this time of the year in poor weather etc.

If you still want to go I am sure you will still be welcome no matter what you turn up in.

A.

Craig
23rd November 2006, 07:15 AM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

quote:Originally posted by niknax

Nicola, I wouldn't worry about your MINI not being here. Although it's a social evening organised on a MINI site, having/bringing a MINI isn't required. We often take our other car, especially at this time of the year in poor weather etc.

If you still want to go I am sure you will still be welcome no matter what you turn up in.

A.

agreed :approve:

If you have ANY transport - just come along.. :D

Scottie
23rd November 2006, 07:16 AM
I hardly ever take my Mini to the grub meets.:D

Craig
23rd November 2006, 07:19 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

that's 'cos it's always away getting something changed on it or yer changin' it! :eek:;):D

Scottie
23rd November 2006, 07:26 AM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

that's 'cos it's always away getting something changed on it or yer changin' it! :eek:;):D

<slap> <slap>

wait until I see you;)

N12 JLK
23rd November 2006, 07:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by JCW_GP0128

hi, not sure if there's any space left (I count 19!) but if there is, would it be possible for me to tag along. I haven't been to any meets before but would like to attend at least one!

ta, Shabaz

Glad your coming along see you Friday, sorry I didnt reply before now as Ive had a lot on

JCW_GP0128
23rd November 2006, 07:52 PM
Thanks. Wasn't sure if you caught my post. Looking forward to seeing whats what on Friday.

OBN
24th November 2006, 04:42 AM
Is there anyone going tomorrow, that I can text when I finish work to see if anyone is still there, as I'm not sure what time I'll be finished work, hoping that it'll be around 8.

I don't want to arrive late and everyone else is gone

Craig
24th November 2006, 06:00 AM
Brent,

PM'd you my mobile - give me a text and I'll let you know if we are still there.

:D

OBN
24th November 2006, 06:46 AM
Thanks craig. I'll text as soon as I know when I'm finishing.

ELFMAN
24th November 2006, 05:30 PM
I'm absolutely run off my feet at work just now, Xmas Printing Rush, but will try to get there on time! I have Craig's & Marky C's moby numbers from a previous run, if I get stuck, I'll let you know. Hope I'll be OK though. Work? Work?? Work??? Bah!, and moreover, Humbug!

Pink Lady
24th November 2006, 07:08 PM
I everyone,looking forward to tonight, wot time is everyone going at, I'll no doubt need to give myself lots of time as I always get lost whenever i go anywhere..:I

JCW_GP0128
24th November 2006, 07:24 PM
I think I'll have to leave just after 6. Traveling from the south side but the traffic can be bad at the kingston bridge. Never know just depends if anyone has been doing any christmas shopping. Oh well, it's a mini adventure anyway! :)

Craig
24th November 2006, 09:46 PM

I everyone,looking forward to tonight, wot time is everyone going at, I'll no doubt need to give myself lots of time as I always get lost whenever i go anywhere..:I

we normally get there for about 7..... have a bit of a natter etc, look at the cars (in the dark!!) and eat about 7:30.. :D

Pink Lady
24th November 2006, 10:47 PM
Cool, i'll leave back of six n should get there just before 7, prob via every wrong turn i can take!

ELFMAN
25th November 2006, 08:28 AM
Nice to see everybody again. Almost dried out now after the car-park monsoon. MINI enjoyed surfing down the road.... See ya'll on the 29th Dec!

Scottie
25th November 2006, 08:29 AM
great to meet up with you all again. However it was just about our last meet. After joing the Motorway and just on it for about 2 seconds a motor not sure of the make but had a green P on the boot came out on to our lane about 6ft in front of us no kidding it is the closest I've had in a long long time the ABS on my Saab worked a treat never saw a nose of a motor dip so much mind you not braked or swerved that hard in a long time although I would like to think being a member of the IAM helped on my defensive manouver but man it was close.

Crombers
25th November 2006, 08:44 AM
Good to see old & new faces , sticky toffee pud was/is a gut buster (as if I need any more bustin!!) & cheers to Allan & Fi for ma wee pressie ;):approve:

Craig
25th November 2006, 08:51 AM
good to see all the usual faces and a few new ones..

Glad you made it Brent..

Shabaz - nae excuses, get that GP washed and waxed so it is presentable the next time we see it..:D

see some of you at the Xmas lunch, or on the 29th Dec at the Xmas Cracker.:approve:

AndyP & Lenore
25th November 2006, 10:57 AM

great to meet up with you all again. However it was just about our last meet. After joing the Motorway and just on it for about 2 seconds a motor not sure of the make but had a green P on the boot came out on to our lane about 6ft in front of us no kidding it is the closest I've had in a long long time the ABS on my Saab worked a treat never saw a nose of a motor dip so much mind you not braked or swerved that hard in a long time although I would like to think being a member of the IAM helped on my defensive manouver but man it was close.

Holy SH!T FI!!!:eek::eek:

The weather/driving conditions were awful too. Lucky escape methinks!;)

A.

AndyP & Lenore
25th November 2006, 10:59 AM
Great night tonight folks. Like others have said, good to see new faces as well as the regulars.

Shabaz: Nice GP, agree with Craig on the washing etc., but I'm still not sure who buys a £24,000 JCW GP then hangs a pair of fluffy dice from the rear view mirror. <SLAP>;)

Gismo
25th November 2006, 03:06 PM
Shabaz: Nice GP, agree with Craig on the washing etc., but I'm still not sure who buys a £24,000 JCW GP then hangs a pair of fluffy dice from the rear view mirror <SLAP>;)An ideal member for the manky thrash ;) and what's wrong with fluffy dice, i have lovely black one's in my S :evil::p:I

ELFMAN
26th November 2006, 03:31 AM
Fiona and Allan - glad you got out of that one, otherwise I'd have nobody to banter with over the relative merits of MINIS!

Shabaz - have you heard of the NMS rule that if you don't wash your car, there's a “Lucky Dip” and one of us gets to drive it for a week?

markyc
26th November 2006, 04:08 AM
quote:Originally posted by ELFMAN

Fiona and Allan - glad you got out of that one, otherwise I'd have nobody to banter with over the relative merits of MINIS!

Shabaz - have you heard of the NMS rule that if you don't wash your car, there's a “Lucky Dip” and one of us gets to drive it for a week?

Shabaz - Give it to Marky boy and I'll look after it for a week for you and give u it back shiney bright :eek::approve::approve::D:cool:;)

Had a good night last night, sorry to hear about your near miss Fi :disapprove: was there a strange toilet smell in the car when you had to jam the brakes on, swerve and avoid a bash :question::eek::clown:;)

Roll on the 29th :approve::approve::approve::D;)

Crombers
26th November 2006, 04:45 AM
quote:Originally posted by markyc
[brRoll on the 29th :approve::approve::approve::D;)

:D:approve::D:approve::D:approve:

Scottie
26th November 2006, 06:11 AM

Shabaz - Give it to Marky boy and I'll look after it for a week for you and give u it back shiney bright :eek::approve::approve::D:cool:;)

Had a good night last night, sorry to hear about your near miss Fi :disapprove: was there a strange toilet smell in the car when you had to jam the brakes on, swerve and avoid a bash :question::eek::clown:;)

you'd not be far wrong Marky, for Allan.;) the strange thing was I didn't really get a fright I was dumb struck honestly in just how close it all was in all my 26 years of driving I can honestly say it was the closest I've ever come (on a Motorway) but it's over and helps keeping those reaction sharp so all good in the end.:cool:

Crombers
26th November 2006, 06:17 AM

you'd not be far wrong Marky, for Allan.;) the strange thing was I didn't really get a fright I was dumb struck honestly in just how close it all was in all my 26 years of driving I can honestly say it was the closest I've ever come (on a Motorway) but it's over and helps keeping those reaction sharp so all good in the end.:cool:

Keep those 'Cooper' reactions going :approve:
Sorry to hear about your fright & glad your still with us :approve:

JCW_GP0128
26th November 2006, 07:16 AM

Great night tonight folks. Like others have said, good to see new faces as well as the regulars.

Shabaz: Nice GP, agree with Craig on the washing etc., but I'm still not sure who buys a £24,000 JCW GP then hangs a pair of fluffy dice from the rear view mirror. <SLAP>;)

lol, ok so maybe it needs a wee wash... personally I thought the gods were doing a great job! :D

The dice are the go faster strips! ;)

Had a good time it was interesting to see other mini owners/fanatics! I'll have to get ready for a run open the car up and see if it's worth those pennies.

ELFMAN
27th November 2006, 04:58 AM
We always stick to the speed limits you know. How fast you get to the speed limit is another thing...

It'll go faster if you polish it. Marky C's, with the amount of wax on it, has a theoretical top speed of 6,500 MPH.

Crombers
27th November 2006, 05:59 AM

It'll go faster if you polish it. Marky C's, with the amount of wax on it, has a theoretical top speed of 6,500 MPH.

Brilliant :D

AndyP & Lenore
27th November 2006, 08:18 AM
The dice are the go faster strips! ;)

<<<<Clears throat>>>>>

In braod cockney, just 'cos it sounds better: "Yer avvin a laugh in't ya mate!? Go faster stripes on a GP!!!!";);):D

JCW_GP0128
27th November 2006, 09:14 PM
I'm sure after I've been on a run I'll be throwing those dice and anything else that has any weight out! Or maybe... I could keep them and use that as an excuse?! (for my bad driving!) :p

PS. Seen Mini jackets at the meet were are they available from?

bpirie1000
27th November 2006, 09:32 PM
no one Brave enough to face teh weather and go take any photos???

hee hee

OBN
27th November 2006, 09:32 PM

I'm sure after I've been on a run I'll be throwing those dice and anything else that has any weight out! Or maybe... I could keep them and use that as an excuse?! (for my bad driving!) :p

Have a look at the MINI JACKETS FOR ALL thread in the FOR SALE forum

Craig
27th November 2006, 10:05 PM

your local mini dealer has them, or contact our Sponsor Menzies of Stirling for a discount on them..... ;) ask for Chris in parts.

JCW_GP0128
27th November 2006, 10:49 PM
Cheers, I'll check it out.