PDA

View Full Version : British summer time....

sedgie
29th October 2006, 08:08 AM
Doh just remembered clocks go back the nicht:clown::clown::I...thought it was nxt week:I<dense>

PACMAN
29th October 2006, 08:17 AM
thanks ;)

X30YES
29th October 2006, 03:35 PM
I never !! :I

stoney
29th October 2006, 06:45 PM
well done i sent christine 2 work an hour erly 2 day woops

Sheilz
29th October 2006, 07:10 PM
I've been caught out with thsi before. Couple of years ago I went to work an hour early. Last night I stayed up very late thinking of the extra hour in bed. Unfortunately the wee one had all the sleep she needed so I've lost three hours kip instead of having an extra one :(:disapprove:

SpongeBob
29th October 2006, 10:22 PM
On my soapbox again but don't you all reckon its time get rid of turning the clocks back lark? Think it was originally to help farmers during the war but nowadays seems more accidents happen roundabout this time of year,

AndyP & Lenore
30th October 2006, 03:50 AM
We remembered. But our frikking cats didn't read any papers, or watch any TV yesterday, so they didn't have a clue about it. They were up wailing for breakfast at 7.30 instead of 8.30. Even the shoe I threw at them from a great distance didn't deter them in their quest to feed.

B*stards.

A.:sleepy::sleepy::sleepy:

N12 JLK
30th October 2006, 04:08 AM
I put the clocks back last night, can anyone tell me the time:p

OBN
30th October 2006, 04:10 AM
quote:Originally posted by SpongeBob

On my soapbox again but don't you all reckon its time get rid of turning the clocks back lark? Think it was originally to help farmers during the war but nowadays seems more accidents happen roundabout this time of year,

I agree Spongebob, totally out dated concept.

OBN
30th October 2006, 04:10 AM
quote:Originally posted by stone

So how popular were you this morning?

sedgie
30th October 2006, 04:19 AM
quote:Originally posted by stone

HaHaHa....bet you got a punch in the pus!:blackeye::D:D

Scottie
30th October 2006, 04:29 AM
maybe some on you are to young to remember. Back in the 70's they didn't put the clocks back and it mean't that the kids had to walk to the school when it was still a good bit dark. Mind ou how many kids walk to school nowadays. Me I had to walk 2 miles to catch the bus in the morning and in the evening in all weathers.

sedgie
30th October 2006, 04:31 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

maybe some on you are to young to remember. Back in the 70's they didn't put the clocks back and it mean't that the kids had to walk to the school when it was still a good bit dark. Mind ou how many kids walk to school nowadays. Me I had to walk 2 miles to catch the bus in the morning and in the evening in all weathers.

aye those were the days eh!:p;):D

X30YES
1st November 2006, 06:10 AM
Aye the dark days , ..still working so far North its a good thing ..the days are far shorter

SpongeBob
1st November 2006, 06:28 AM
Go an pass me my Violin over,and some Hovis bread,when i was a lad etc etc:):D:blackeye:

sedgie
1st November 2006, 06:31 AM
Nah mair like the "mothers pride" advert.....mummmm i'm hungry!:p...."i wan a jeely piece";)

Big Col
1st November 2006, 04:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Why don't they just change the School opening times in winter then!?!!

tree73
7th November 2006, 02:32 AM
The kids at my school are confused enough keeping the times constant year in year out, i'd never see them if we did that - hey might be onto something.... "Dear Mr McConnell...."