PDA

View Full Version : First And Only Mod

Gismo
26th October 2006, 08:53 PM
The GTT Strut Brace:-

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/Black%20Cooper%20S/Wide.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/Black%20Cooper%20S/CloseUp.jpg

illegalhunter
26th October 2006, 08:57 PM
apart from the jcw conversion looks good to you feel a difference driving

Scottie
26th October 2006, 09:12 PM
will fit the Cooper I have been asking on mini2 but know one seems to have tried it yet.

So what do you reckon will it fit.???

Gismo
26th October 2006, 09:25 PM
quote:Originally posted by deerslayer
Are you saying the JCW isn't good :p i've not tried it out yet, will do this afternoon ;)

X30YES
27th October 2006, 12:02 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

will fit the Cooper I have been asking on mini2 but know one seems to have tried it yet.

So what do you reckon will it fit.???
I don't think it will as the battery might be in the way .
I tried to order one for my car earlier this week , they are out of stock ,and will be next week or so before the new batch are ready

Gismo
27th October 2006, 12:02 AM
What happened there then Angus 8) the strut brace isn't on GTT's site, but, it's discussed on Mini2 (http://www.mini2.com/forum/john-cooper-works-gp/115376-if-you-bought-gp-what-you-modify-13.html)
Starting at post 226 :)

MartinSullivan
27th October 2006, 12:05 AM
I have one sat on the floor in my living room :) it arrived while I was away. If I can get access to a cooper tonight before I fit it Ill check to see if it will clear the battery box.

Got to order the lower braces next ;)

X30YES
27th October 2006, 12:08 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

What happened there then Angus 8) the strut brace isn't on GTT's site, but, it's discussed on Mini2 (http://www.mini2.com/forum/john-cooper-works-gp/115376-if-you-bought-gp-what-you-modify-13.html)
Starting at post 226 :)
;)

Scottie
27th October 2006, 12:16 AM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

I have one sat on the floor in my living room :) it arrived while I was away. If I can get access to a cooper tonight before I fit it Ill check to see if it will clear the battery box.

Got to order the lower braces next ;)

if you could that would be great.:D:kiss:

X30YES
27th October 2006, 12:27 AM
BTW Alan, is it as good as it looks ?

Gismo
27th October 2006, 12:28 AM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES
BTW Alan, is it as good as it looks ?Not had a real chance to try it out, but, it certainly feels different from the wee run i had this afternoon.
Will try a bit harder shortly :p

X30YES
27th October 2006, 12:32 AM
Does it have a strut top plate support /stiffener as well or just a bolt on

Gismo
27th October 2006, 12:34 AM
Simply bolts on, but, there is strength in the design, the bolt holes have risers on them to raise the brace up a bit to take out the slight bevel of the tower.
I beleieve GTT are looking into designing a top mount plate that goes under the tower

james f
27th October 2006, 12:37 AM

no its a soild peice and thats how a brace should be as the jcw one moves and is pretty much useless at proper bracing (look at where it has points of movement and youll see what i mean) ive got OMP top and bottom and never thought much of top as i had this one fitted a few months befoure the bottom and the handeling only improved to a noticable ammount with the bottom one fitted and from what ive heard the bottom one is one of the most effective and from my experience i certainly agree

X30YES
27th October 2006, 12:38 AM

Simply bolts on, but, there is strength in the design, the bolt holes have risers on them to raise the brace up a bit to take out the slight bevel of the tower.
I beleieve GTT are looking into designing a top mount plate that goes under the tower
Thats what I wondered , thanx for the info ...happy cornering;)

Gismo
27th October 2006, 12:40 AM
quote:Originally posted by james f
no its a soild peice As i mentioned, it has risers that raise the brace up slightly

john
27th October 2006, 01:23 AM
ONE and ONLY????????????? so far you mean??:D

JCW,stripes,wheels,stereo,phone kit!!! and the list goes on:cool:

illegalhunter
27th October 2006, 04:19 AM

quote:Originally posted by deerslayer
Are you saying the JCW isn't good :p i've not tried it out yet, will do this afternoon ;)
no i like the jcw you said ist & only is the jcw not a mod

Wul
27th October 2006, 04:57 PM
Anyone like to explain what effect a the brace has to the handling please - to us plebs!! :clown:

Gismo
27th October 2006, 06:18 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul
Anyone like to explain what effect a the brace has to the handling please - to us plebs!! :clown:Well, the brace is designed to virtually eliminate the flexing of the car, in this instance, the front, with spirited driving the two suspension towers tend to flex inwards and outwards with load whilst cornering etc, the brace is meant to eliminate the flex to allow for much smoother handling.
Having tried it out last night, I agree with Roalnd at GTT's remarks, it is very good, whether i can use it to it's full potential, who knows.
Having seen the flimsy JCW and OMP one's, i'm not surprised they don't work as nearly as good as the GTT one :)

Wul
27th October 2006, 07:01 PM
Thanks Alan. :)

james f
27th October 2006, 08:12 PM
Having seen the flimsy JCW and OMP one's, i'm not surprised they don't work as nearly as good as the GTT one :)
i will second that my omp upper one did very little but the lower one did make a nice differnace still both being ditched for GTT ones the moment i can afford em

X30YES
4th November 2006, 06:39 PM
Here it is Polished
1 (http://www.mini2.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=122232&d=1158938676)

2 (http://www.mini2.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=122220&d=1158932981)