PDA

View Full Version : Fog Lights

Scottie
26th October 2006, 06:24 PM
The thing that bugs me most when driving in the pouring rain is when the idiot in front of you has their rear fog lights on.:mad::mad::mad:.

Take this morning it was chucking it down the roads flooded it was still dark @ 7.45am

had to follow this idiot with his rear fogs on and to make matters worse every time he went through a puddle he would be on his brakes checking I guess to make sure they still worked.:disapprove:

Gismo
26th October 2006, 06:39 PM
That's what you're main beam is for ;)

X30YES
26th October 2006, 06:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

4 spots also helps ;)

Wul
26th October 2006, 06:58 PM
I think it should be mandatory that car makers make fog lights and puddle lights auto cancelling when the ignition is switched off so that people cannot leave them on by mistake. Drives me nuts too! :mad:

MartinSullivan
26th October 2006, 07:36 PM
I ended up pulling a Subaru that pulled out in front of me with his rear fog light on. I was in the passenger seat and the poor guy wouldnt even put his window down when he saw me sat there growling at him. I eventually got him to put his window down and told him to turn his rear fog light off. He nearly sh*t himself as we drove off :D. Does wind me up though, far too many people dont know what their fog lights are really for and when to use them safely and correctly.

Big Col
26th October 2006, 07:54 PM
Fookin' ell! MS is alive!!! ;)

X30YES
26th October 2006, 11:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

I ended up pulling a Subaru that pulled out in front of me with his rear fog light on. I was in the passenger seat and the poor guy wouldnt even put his window down when he saw me sat there growling at him. I eventually got him to put his window down and told him to turn his rear fog light off. He nearly sh*t himself as we drove off :D. Does wind me up though, far too many people dont know what their fog lights are really for and when to use them safely and correctly.
:eek: Hope it wasn't road rage why you were in my car ;):D

james f
27th October 2006, 12:16 AM
yep in the middlie of edinurgh this afternoon some tool was coming down the road with fogs and main beams on full

Scottie
27th October 2006, 12:19 AM
it is wild up here tonight

and if anyone has their rear fogs on while I am on my road home I'm going to go wild and flash my lights at them.:approve:

X30YES
27th October 2006, 12:48 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

it is wild up here tonight

and if anyone has their rear fogs on while I am on my road home I'm going to go wild and flash my lights at them.:approve:
flashing your tights lights at them will do the trick :p;)

s12cot
27th October 2006, 12:58 AM
its just as bad when someone has there front foggers on when they dont need and they are sat behind you - i try putting my rear fog on to let them know, but never seams to work

Burple
27th October 2006, 01:01 AM
THe only time I ver have the Fogs on when It's NOT so foggy you can't see the glare off my napper is when we're going up Ellie's bruv's driveway... 1/2 mile of totally secluded farm track..

It helps you see the kamikaze bunnies, frogs and meeces jumping out the hedges! :D:D

monkimagic
27th October 2006, 01:37 AM
Driving with front fogs is cool in some circles ( not mine ) but blinding in the wet, when the road is wet the reflection coming the other way is quite bad.

sedgie
27th October 2006, 03:17 AM
Och i get fannys everyday wi bloody fog lights on....n when it's really foggy or wet they don't have lights on!:evil:

Pink Lady
27th October 2006, 03:35 AM
Methinks some people just get confused with what lights do what! They should try reading a bit about their motor instead of just trying to look cool!:mad:

AeroJonny
27th October 2006, 09:08 PM
I quite often put on my fogs on my drive home at night because I have a fairly long section of my commute on unlit b-roads and the MINI headlights may as well be candles.

Crombers
30th October 2006, 05:34 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Agreed , blind the ba$tards :cool:

SpongeBob
30th October 2006, 06:25 AM
Hear Hear

john
30th October 2006, 06:39 AM
I followed an 's' from Brechin on the way to the Bunker run,he had on his rear fog light, But dont worry I had words with him at Dundee:D

sedgie
30th October 2006, 06:50 AM
Hmmm it's normaly mams in their 4x4's aroond st andrews i get....n they drive them at 40 in limits n 40 out with:mad:

Coop
30th October 2006, 06:52 AM
I usually find that putting your fogs on reminds others to switch theirs off. What was more dangerous was the guy I followed who had not one, not two, but all 3 brake lights not working :evil:

I had words...

john
30th October 2006, 06:56 AM
The geezer I followed probably did not know I was there as his Black 's' with silver viper stripes was so Manky!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ring any bells:D

sedgie
30th October 2006, 06:57 AM
quote:Originally posted by john

The geezer I followed probably did not know I was there as his Black 's' with silver viper stripes was so Manky!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ring any bells:D

HAHAHA

Gismo
30th October 2006, 07:06 AM
I followed an 's' from Brechin on the way to the Bunker run,he had on his rear fog light, But dont worry I had words with him at Dundee:DYes, but he only had them on when it was absolutely neccessary :evil:;):p

john
30th October 2006, 07:39 AM
Blinded I was,Blinded I tell ya:cool:

Gismo
30th October 2006, 06:10 PM
Blinded I was,Blinded I tell ya:cool:I'm surprisd you could actually see my rear fog light as you were about 6 inches off my back bumper ;):p

Smitty
3rd November 2006, 10:43 PM
I use my front fog's if i'm driving country roads at night, just for a bit more vision but as soon as i hit town or main roads there off again!:)

As for rear fog light.....it's never been used. Has to be some serious fog before you need to turn it on!

The Dogfather
4th November 2006, 12:01 AM
Anyone saying they use their front fogs to make up for their main beams must be a bit soft in the head.

The front fog light creates a pool if light only a few meters in front and to the side of the car!

Carry a hammer, use it to switch someones fog lights off for them when you pull up at lights :evil:

Smitty
4th November 2006, 02:37 AM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

Anyone saying they use their front fogs to make up for their main beams must be a bit soft in the head.

The front fog light creates a pool if light only a few meters in front and to the side of the car!

Yup, i realise they dont offer long distance vision, but they greatly improve short vision and increase the angle which you can see.:approve:

When driving in the country at night (which tends to happen a bit with a girlfriend living in farmer land!!) the fogs help you see the edge of the road or any potholes which may be lurking much much better.:)

Dont really see much harm in this!!:p