PDA

View Full Version : Jack your body

OBN
25th October 2006, 01:13 AM
Is their any need to keep the jack in the boot of the car since its on runflats.

Just thought I'd ask incase I take it out and then find that suddenly in the middle of nowhere there is an urgent need for it

Wul
25th October 2006, 01:27 AM
People with the puncture goo are recommended to jack the car up prior to inflating etc I believe - I never used to keep mine in the car as on the S it takes up valuable boot space.

OBN
25th October 2006, 01:31 AM
So I just need to take the wheel key out of the tool kit and then free up valuable boot space.

Wul
25th October 2006, 01:36 AM
Yup! But is the alloy locking nut adaptor not in the wee spanner set behind the LHS cubby anyway - so you don't eveh need the wheel brace.

OBN
25th October 2006, 01:41 AM
I have absolutly no idea I better go check, just had my first poke and prod about the car today and discovered someone has left a battery under the carpet in the boot, so gonna take that and the jack out and make the car a bit lighter :clown: :D lol

Gismo
25th October 2006, 02:10 AM
quote:Originally posted by Wul
Yup! But is the alloy locking nut adaptor not in the wee spanner set behind the LHS cubby anyway - so you don't eveh need the wheel braceI have a first aid kit in the LHS cubby ;) my alloy locking nut is in beside the battery ;)

AndyP & Lenore
25th October 2006, 03:49 AM
quote:Originally posted by OBN

...just had my first poke and prod about the car today and discovered someone has left a battery under the carpet in the boot, so gonna take that and the jack out and make the car a bit lighter :clown: :D lol

Aye, get rid. You won't need that. Besides the battery is awfy heavy, will just slow you down.:eek::blackeye::D;):clown:

vintageb3
25th October 2006, 06:09 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Yup! But is the alloy locking nut adaptor not in the wee spanner set behind the LHS cubby anyway - so you don't eveh need the wheel braceI have a first aid kit in the LHS cubby ;) my alloy locking nut is in beside the battery ;)

Cubby!!!!???...Cubby!!!??? I don't have a cubby!!...in fact I don't have a roof either!

I thinks I've been done!
:p

mark

Burple
25th October 2006, 11:54 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!! Now I've got that bleedin song in my head! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Crombers
30th October 2006, 04:48 AM
quote:Originally posted by OBN

Is their any need to keep the jack in the boot of the car
I'd say Yup , & those who have had a wee blow out will agree :approve:

Wul
30th October 2006, 05:48 AM
Crombers - pray tell why? has your jack got coasters on the bottom of it? :p;)

Crombers
30th October 2006, 06:19 AM

Crombers - pray tell why? has your jack got coasters on the bottom of it? :p;)

Dunno , but he's always got a hell of a smile on his face :D